Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music, Bands, Noise! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/)
-   -   Local Band gets signed (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f92/local-band-gets-signed-8154.html)

mulstonian1 28-02-2005 10:12

Local Band gets signed

I am part of a duo who have just been signed by a manager in Accrington. we are currently working on tracks to be recorded for a demo to be sent out in the summer to some big record companies down in London. We will keep you informed on how we are getting on. If you have any queries or any question we will be more than willing to answer them to the best we can.

WillowTheWhisp 28-02-2005 12:43

Re: Local Band gets signed

Good luck mulstonian. :)

kestrelx 28-02-2005 14:34

What kind of music?

Chelle 28-02-2005 16:08

managers don't sign - record companies do.

mulstonian1 01-03-2005 08:19

michelle if i haven't been signed then why do i have a CONTRACT and i thought YOU had a manager. coz according to a member of your BAND says you haven't. Anyway i dont want to fall out with you an if you want i can sort you out with an audition. that is if you want to. But dont go having a go at me ok.

Chelle 01-03-2005 08:42

We do have a manager tyvm. Carlton knows we do, & I'm the one who has fallen out with you & you know why

stanerlee 01-03-2005 09:07

so much bitching on here. i've been playing for years and a stack of my mates are also in bands. experience tells me that very few if any of you will make it big.
that does'nt mean give up but it does mean chill out a bit and enjoy playing and performing for what it is.
you never know, you might be doing it at nearly 30 like me and earning a few quid on the side.

mulstonian1 01-03-2005 10:26

kestrelx we dont really have a style of musicwe sing whatever suits our voices so it differs really. hope this answers your question.

BK2BK

mulstonian1 01-03-2005 10:28

Oh Yeah anyone who wants to know more about us you can see our website on www.freewebs.com/bk2bkuk you can look around and email us on our addy to let us know what you think

bk2bk

kestrelx 12-03-2005 11:55

THe biggest mod band in Accrington was the Itch, don't know if they are still going? Perhaps Stanerlee knows em?

Can't access that web-site yet bk2bk as this library has a net nanny and it won't let me on your site.

Very few people in bands make a lot of money out of music, don't believe what you read in the "Mirror, Sun, Star!" etc you have to have lots of massive hits to make millions. These people like "Steve" arn't going to see money for years, what you read in the daily comics is all hype!

The way to make it big is to write songs that are commercial and will get on the Radio it's that simple! And even then you may not see much money. But it doesn't mean you can't have a laugh and enjoy making music.

Robdunn24 14-04-2005 23:38

please use a diffrent site for you site.....free web sucks.

anybody can get a manager....Im confused here, are you signed to a label or not? Whats the band called?

R

Chelle 15-04-2005 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robdunn24
please use a diffrent site for you site.....free web sucks.

anybody can get a manager....Im confused here, are you signed to a label or not? Whats the band called?

R

THANK YOU! lol finally,someone agrees. He's not in a band, it's a duo.

mulstonian1 15-04-2005 11:15

michelle if you must know one of charlotte church's songwriters has sent my manager a song for us to record on to disk for a demo so in answer to me not going anywhere i guess you were wrong and also WE are doing a gig in Manchester on staurday night so i think im doing a lot better

Robdunn24 15-04-2005 14:54

ok..duo...band....Whats you called?

It doesnt matter whos better!

I will always be trying to write songs. No matter whether or not i am as good as you or just as bad as the worst guy, Its about the music & making it means a lot more to me.

And well i prefer to write for myself & i wouldnt accept something like " charlotte churche's songwriters sent us a song to record" A real accomplishment is making the people like a song I( or you) wrote, Not some manufactured piece of garbage(which is exactly what it will be) ( not saying my music isnt garbage hehe) Now if mark eitzel sent a song to you to record, Then i will be impressed!!!.

Again i guess you havent been signed to a label, And instead of answering me you continue to say "im better"...I doubt you will get anywhere with that kind of attitude. Or maybe i am wrong, I just have this really bad habit of thinking everything i write is bad....

And of course i would be happy to hear anything of anybodys you can send me a mp3 or something via email.

Have fun

Robert

ps remember is about the music not whos better between mulstonian1 and Chelle....Bitterness poisons the soul!

:D

Robdunn24 15-04-2005 15:14

reading again above you say " why do i have a contract " - i am guessing the contract is between you and your manager.......Who will send to record companies, But will they listen?

How would you describe your music? who you like?

Best duo i know is - gillian welch and david rawlings!!

Anyway......I heard there was a accy band signed to a label....The woman who has the paper shop at bus station was saying her son was in the band...and was given a 10.000 advance