Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Player Goes Missing (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/player-goes-missing-14131.html)

SimonStone 08-08-2005 09:14

Player Goes Missing

Now you see him, now you don't. Unless ny eyese deceive, the name of the ex-Blackpool player who netted twice on Saturday has suddenly disappeared from the main site to be replaced by someone else. Is he the one that got away -- from reviews on here we could well regret not signing him. :confused:

KIPAX 08-08-2005 09:19

Re: Player Goes Missing

Don't look at me.................... Rob! ?

rob 08-08-2005 09:45

sorry, should have been danny ventre not the other fella...

JEFF 08-08-2005 09:58

This is from Hyde united web site

Quote:

New Signings
Mark Westhead (Goalkeeper).
Simon Garner from Prescot Cables.
Andy Mangan after his trial spell at Rochdale.
Midfielder Steve Brackenrdge from Macclesfield.
Paul Armstrong midfielder from Oldham Athletic.
Nicky Allen - Defender/midfielder formerly with Rochdale.
Is this the same Andy Mangan who played for us on Saturday that was supposed to have been offered a deal ? In the NLP yesterday it stated that Andy Mangan had re-signed for Hyde after a trial at Rochdale. Maybe it is a different Andy Mangan.

Wynonie Harris 08-08-2005 10:15

Whoever he was, I'm a little disappointed we haven't offered him a deal...or perhaps we have and he turned it down?

JEFF 08-08-2005 10:24

This is from Rochdale web site

Quote:

Other Trialists who didn't turn out included Andy Mangon who Parkin says we will be having another look at once we get back from our Gloucester trip, and right back Danny Ventre.
I believe Danny Ventre played for Droylsden last season.

I thought that Andy Mangon had a good game on Saturday, thought he would be a good adition to the squad, but, Coley knows best.

JEFF 08-08-2005 10:34

Leam Richardson also had a trial at Rochdale but wasn't offered a contract. Do Richardson, Ventre, and Mangan come as a package for trials - all three having an unsuccessfull trial at Rochdale then coming to Stanley.

Robaldo 08-08-2005 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimonStone
From reviews on here we could well regret not signing him. :confused:

I'm disappointed. He was superb on Saturday.

I'd be very interested to know for certain whether we chose not to offer him a contract, or whether he turned one down.

MikeA 08-08-2005 20:30

I suppose I'd better go and change what I copied from the news page into the fishy site match report.

Smiffy16 08-08-2005 22:10

Bimson just turned down Cambridge and signed for Canvey, looks like he'll be facing us on Saturday :)

big al 08-08-2005 22:54

Official site states Danny Ventre signed non contract terms today(Monday)

Wynonie Harris 09-08-2005 10:59

Why are Richardson and Welch taking so long to agree their deals? What's happened to Mangan? Come on, Rob, the suspense is killing me!

Outback Ozzy 09-08-2005 13:54

Looks like Mr Mangan has been a bit of a naughty boy. He is supposed to have signed for Hyde Utd, but under what terms I do not know - if non-contract then maybe he is able to be released from his registration there and sign for us if offered a contract. Cannot for the life of me understand why Liam Richardson is looking like he may not sign though, unless, once again, he is being offered non-contract terms and he wants security of a contract.

KIPAX 10-08-2005 09:44

Andy mangan was at the training ground today and is on the team pic..

Wynonie Harris 10-08-2005 10:31

Sounds promising!