Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Tonight's game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/tonights-game-14566.html)

Unemployed Coalminer 16-08-2005 21:15

Tonight's game

Accrington will play better than that and lose
Altrincham will play worse than that and win
If Altrincham keep playing like that - survival, no problem
If Accrington keep playing like that - errmm

Well cheated

Robaldo 16-08-2005 21:52

Re: Tonight's game

We lost the plot a bit tonight, particularly in the second half.
The points keep a-coming though from these mediocre displays, but more importantly THE CLEAN SHEETS ARE WINNING THE GAMES! Another hard-fought win though; well done lads!

Loved the pause while we all waited for the ref to give the keeper a free-kick, only to find out that it really WAS a goal!

Also loved the Jones, *JONES* song. Inspired! I wonder if he'd take to the nickname Indiana, and the accompanying theme tune.

Jimbo T Hornblower 16-08-2005 21:53

Who cares if the goal was against run of play or a lucky one?? Its called football. Now you know how we felt when Craney did the same to us at your place when we won the Unibond. The fact of the matter is we've got 6 points from our first two games with clean sheets and youve no goals and sod all points... Do you lot have any strikers on your team??

Ooohhh ZIIIIIING

Boy those grapes are definately sour this evening... HA

Jimbo T :horn8:blower

Unemployed Coalminer 16-08-2005 21:56

"Do you lot have any strikers on your team??"

Do you?

Jimbo T Hornblower 16-08-2005 22:02

They seem to be more effective than your lot - we hit the back of the net 3 times tonight (ok illegally twice) - how many times did you hit it? And last Saturday??

Bazf 16-08-2005 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unemployed Coalminer
Accrington will play better than that and lose
Altrincham will play worse than that and win

Well cheated

Isn't good to get the season underway same as usual carpping on about a loss don't you have your own websites for this crap. If you come on here and post rubbish expect to get slagged off.
look at the table at the end of the year and if by some miracle your still in the conference please come on here and shout about how good you are but with no points and no goals you don't half sound silly.

Unemployed Coalminer 16-08-2005 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
we hit the back of the net 3 times tonight (ok illegally twice) -

Thanks. That's the first time i've laughed since I got home.

Jimbo T Hornblower 16-08-2005 22:09

No probs - weve all been laughing since 9.30pm... But you seem to have missed my point - the bit you found funny was just an observation - the bit which you chose to ignore was how many times have you hit the net in 180 mins of play?

Outback Ozzy 16-08-2005 22:10

I have to say, as one of those who attended tonight, that ref and liner's were all crap. They DO NOT know the offside rule. Also seemed a bit whistle happy and gave more free kicks to Alty than they deserved/warranted. Most were 50/50 balls at best. Still who cares - if Stanley win 1-0 every game throughout the season - we will be a league club come next August whereas Alty WILL be Conference North again.

harwood red 16-08-2005 22:48

oooo unempcoalminer............ accy jt 2nd awww alty 19th hmmmmmm, early days but if we can get jt 2nd playing like we did.... FAB :) But as we are sure to improve then weyhey :D

Tin Monkey 17-08-2005 06:55

I bet Altrincham were disappointed with the attendance last night. Where were the 3000 that they'd been banging on about? ;)

Anyway, a 'rare' away match report is now on the official site. :)

Unemployed Coalminer 17-08-2005 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
I bet Altrincham were disappointed with the attendance last night. Where were the 3000 that they'd been banging on about? ;)

Anyway, a 'rare' away match report is now on the official site. :)

show me where anybody said anything about 3000

KIPAX 17-08-2005 07:48

Alty fans should be ahasmed of themselves... every season in every division they play in.. crowds and history is more important than points.. thats your average alty fan...

First home game back in the conference and they get less than 1000 alty fans.. embarresing or what... our first game in the conference was also on a tuesday night.. we played LeighRMI who brought about 30 fans.. the attendence that night was over 2000

Alty all over britain 17-08-2005 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX
Alty fans should be ahasmed of themselves... every season in every division they play in.. crowds and history is more important than points.. thats your average alty fan...

First home game back in the conference and they get less than 1000 alty fans.. embarresing or what... our first game in the conference was also on a tuesday night.. we played LeighRMI who brought about 30 fans.. the attendence that night was over 2000

Exactly. your first game in the conference, you forget we've done this all before, your fans should be ashamed of yoursleves, looks at the state of some of you, do they have soap in lancashire? If your so big how come only 200 came to a game 30 miles away?

KIPAX 17-08-2005 08:08

See what i mean.. history and amount of fans is the most important thing on your mind.

Soap? Whats the point in having a wash if we are only going to get dirty again... Ban having a wash is what I say :)

Robaldo 17-08-2005 08:46

Can't this Altrincham lot just accept defeat with a bit of dignity, instead of making complete fools of themselves?

Go away kids, and come back when you've got something worth saying!

Alty all over britain 17-08-2005 09:00

Kids? your the ones throwing paper about, we can take defeat with dignity, but we were robbed, pure and simple.

KIPAX 17-08-2005 09:09

haha the drivel posted on here.. the whinging and crying on confguide and the excuse on your own board that the ref got worried that the full time team might not beat the part time so he gave decisions our way. Then telling us we need a wash and then having a go at me wearing glasses..

You call that dignity?

stanleybabe 17-08-2005 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alty all over britain
Kids? your the ones throwing paper about, we can take defeat with dignity, but we were robbed, pure and simple.

GROW UP!!!!!!!

Stanleybabe :)

harwood red 17-08-2005 11:47

errrrr last season, halifax match away, throwing paper, loved by halifax fans, said they loved it!! personal insults is taking it too far alty fans. I understand you wanna defend your team but throwing personal insults at individuals of our club isn't helping your case! Is there anything you've forgotten to pick out?? maybe our blue shirts made your players feel a bit down on the night??? our paper throwing upset your players? Kipax's glasses were scaring the referee?? drivel!!!!!!

Alty365 17-08-2005 11:48

You're full of **** Kipax.

You had 200 in a crowd of 1264. Our average home crowd last season was below 700 and on Tuesdays it was around the 550 mark, so to us last night was a fantastic turnout. To you it might not be, but that's not our concern.

As for your claim that we predicted 3000? Keep taking the medication mate.

The result? Over the course of a season things like that go for you and against you and you generally accept that it happens in equal measure. Last night it went against us, but maybe next time it'll go our way.

We are still learning a lot with every game, but I saw nothing last night to suggest we are out of our depth. At Stevenage, on the other hand, we looked well out of our depth. Maybe those of you predicting promotion are being more than a touch optimistic.

As for the Craney banner - you can keep him. I saw nothing from him that bothered me unduly last night.

No sour grapes here - as an Alty fan I can hold my head high today.

Unemployed Coalminer 17-08-2005 11:54

Quote:

Kipax, why on earth did you bother following Alty around for the play-offs? If points didn't matter we wouldn't have been playing your bunch of talentless donkeys last night.

Smiffy16 17-08-2005 11:57

Quote:

we wouldn't have been playing your bunch of talentless donkeys last night.
0-1 In your own back yard :)

KIPAX 17-08-2005 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alty365
You're full of **** Kipax.

Your all grown up and mature I see :)

Quote:

You had 200 in a crowd of 1264. Our average home crowd last season was below 700 and on Tuesdays it was around the 550 mark, so to us last night was a fantastic turnout. To you it might not be, but that's not our concern.

Its an ambarresment to fans who spend half there life telling everyone what fantastic support they have.. thats my point

Quote:

As for your claim that we predicted 3000? Keep taking the medication mate.

Do try and keep up son. I never made any such claim. it was someone else.

Quote:

No sour grapes here - as an Alty fan I can hold my head high today.

see your first line... you should print that out and show your grandchildren and tell them how you held your head high using childish words that you had to replace with asterix on a mesageboard.

come back when your a little more mature and you can actually follow whats being said :)

KIPAX 17-08-2005 11:59

Quote:

your bunch of talentless donkeys last night.
our bunch of talentless donkeys beat your bunch of taletness donkeys so boo hoo to you too :)

Alty365 17-08-2005 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiffy16
0-1 In your own back yard :)

Tell us something we don't know.

The pressure is totally off us. We're expected to go down, so anything more is a bonus. On reflection, I actually thought last night was a very enjoyable game of football and I think we are playing some good stuff.

At the end of the day there are 40 games left. I'm certainly not going to start panicking about a couple of early setbacks. What I will say is, based on the two games I've seen up to now, Stevenage are streets ahead of you and you'll do well to finish top five. If you do then fair play to you.

Come on Alty!!!!

Alty365 17-08-2005 12:10

Quote:

Your all grown up and mature I see :)

Its an ambarresment to fans who spend half there life telling everyone what fantastic support they have.. thats my point

Your spelling and punctuation are the biggest embarrassment!

At least I have an education, sweetheart.

harwood red 17-08-2005 12:12

Quote:

whoah kipax you have an admirer!!!!!

Robaldo 17-08-2005 12:20

Quote:

Your spelling and punctuation are the biggest embarrassment!

Ok, so Kipax's spelling and punctuation ain't so good, but then we don't pay a tenner each week to watch Kipax write! You have to pay a tenner each week to watch that herd of donkeys kick a ball around!

Why are these pub-team supporters so reluctant to talk about the match? Is it cos they're rubbish and got beat?

...and as for getting robbed of the result, how about you shuv the controversial goal up yer arses, and we'll take the two supposedly offside goals instead? Either way, we have the three points, and you're another step on the way to the Unibond.

KIPAX 17-08-2005 12:22

Alltogether now sing....

Ohhh I can't read and I can't write but I can drive a tractor!

:)

DanTheMonkey 17-08-2005 12:32

[QUOTE=Alty365]Stevenage are streets ahead of you and you'll do well to finish top five. If you do then fair play to you. [QUOTE]

And If You Finish Anywhere Other Than Back In Conference North, Fair Play To You

You Seem To Know More About Stevenage Than Alty, But Then Again, That Aint Hard.

And When You You Was "Outclassed" Against Stevenage Away, Please Sleep Easy Tonight Knowing This :

You Will Be AGAIN Outclassed At The Interlink :D :D :D

Alty365 17-08-2005 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robaldo
Ok, so Kipax's spelling and punctuation ain't so good, but then we don't pay a tenner each week to watch Kipax write! You have to pay a tenner each week to watch that herd of donkeys kick a ball around!

Why are these pub-team supporters so reluctant to talk about the match? Is it cos they're rubbish and got beat?

...and as for getting robbed of the result, how about you shuv the controversial goal up yer arses, and we'll take the two supposedly offside goals instead? Either way, we have the three points, and you're another step on the way to the Unibond.

Ha ha! So much anger there! We outplayed at times last night and you were lucky to get the win. How's that? A draw would actually have been the fairest result in all honesty.

Thought your centre-backs were very composed and it took good play from our midfield/forwards to create the chances we had. The dead ball situation was a bit grim from both teams and the free kicks at both ends looked more likely to break windows than hit the net.

As I said previously in this thread, it was a really good game of football. I'll pay a tenner to watch us play football like that any day of the week, and more often than not we'll win playing like that.

I think we're doing ok for a skint club. You've gone pro and from what one of your fans told me on confguide, it's later in the season when it really pays dividends.

Come on Alty!!!!

KIPAX 17-08-2005 12:43

We finished 10th in our firsts season in conf.. as part timers.. why are you just happy to survive..

for the record if you care to look... I tipped alty to be at least mid table on this very messageboard before the season started...

Alty365 17-08-2005 12:49

Quote:

We finished 10th in our firsts season in conf.. as part timers.. why are you just happy to survive..

for the record if you care to look... I tipped alty to be at least mid table on this very messageboard before the season started...

And I very much hope your prediction comes true!

We would be happy to survive. Those of us who aren't stuck in the past realise that by current standards we are a very small fish in the conference. Whilst we dream of one day knocking on the door of the football league, we are realistic enough to realise that we're not ready for it. We don't have the money or the crowds to justify league football, but by consolidating and playing our football at the highest level we realistically can, we might begin to work towards that.

I've got to go as I have a mountain of paperwork to do, but I'll come on later and expand on this slightly!

Cheers for now.

DanTheMonkey 17-08-2005 13:34

Dont Rush Back, Why Dont Alty Have There Own Messageboard !!!

Alty all over britain 17-08-2005 13:54

[QUOTE=KIPAX]We finished 10th in our firsts season in conf.. as part timers.. why are you just happy to survive..
QUOTE]

Cos we cant afford to pay teh cream of part time players £500 a week like you were in your first season in the conference. We've had a sugar daddy before, its never a long term solution as you'll find out eventually.

KIPAX 17-08-2005 13:56

Oh dear.. more fairy stories... there not even on that full time let alone part time... do you dream this up just at night or do you daydream as well ?

Alty all over britain 17-08-2005 14:02

Quote:

Oh dear.. more fairy stories... there not even on that full time let alone part time... do you dream this up just at night or do you daydream as well ?

No I just know two of your players from that season, keep your head in the sand.

Alty365 17-08-2005 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey
Dont Rush Back, Why Dont Alty Have There Own Messageboard !!!

I was asked a question to which I responded with a sensible answer. do you only like talking to people you know and/or agree with all the time?

That's how inbreeding starts. What a coincidence!

your wife is your brother is your dad is your sister is your gran..etc...etc

Jimbo T Hornblower 17-08-2005 15:38

Inbreeding now is it? I thought that was Barrow...

Anyway, come on everyone - its only right that Alty, only having played 2 games in a higher division expect results isnt it..

Smiffy16 17-08-2005 15:41

Quote:

That's how inbreeding starts. What a coincidence!

your wife is your brother is your dad is your sister is your gran..etc...etc
Its always funny how Alty fans resort back to something thats totally nothing to do with their team and the result.......

0-1 :) thanks cya at the interlink :)

Alty365 17-08-2005 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
Inbreeding now is it? I thought that was Barrow...

Anyway, come on everyone - its only right that Alty, only having played 2 games in a higher division expect results isnt it..

Just look at the state of yourself!

Jimbo T Hornblower 17-08-2005 16:01

Nothing ever changes does it? How many teams did we beat last season and their fans bombard our mb with their drivellous tripe?? You can always rely on Alty for this... and they wonder why they get so much grief.. but thats ok theyve got huge support and always have had...

To be honest, people arent helpin by quoting wot they are saying on their site on here. Mr K - turn the other cheek (even if its personal insults) - who gives a crap wot Alty of all fans are saying about us/me/you.. None of it will be complimentary so why bother looking? Let them wallow in their own muck..

The only thing that matters is that we got what everyone went down the M60 for - end of story as far as Im concerned...

PS Havent had a wash today...

Smiffy16 17-08-2005 16:28

Neither have I Jimbo :D thats two of us :)

Robaldo 17-08-2005 17:29

Yeah, come on folks. They're only some crappy pub team's supporters.
We're better than this, just ignore them. They'll soon crawl back into their hole.

Willie Miller 17-08-2005 18:05

I said as much on the coach home, Conf North forum last year was just Alty fans deflecting abuse & every second thread was them squabbling they have been doing it for years

Alty played very well last night, there fans were in good voice, stewards cool, Mick Hucknall the burger man was a gent,

we on the pitch shocking off it well, it might not be everyones cup of tea, but we made people sit up, we got behind the team, we brought banners both home made & professionally made, everyone from Accy went home happy, we sang cheered & generally had a ball...

Whats up Alty? you happier when 2 men and a dog travel to Moss Lane from Vauxhall Motors or Radcliffe Boro??????