Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Today's Trialists (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/todays-trialists-22771.html)

Dan 08-07-2006 18:14

Today's Trialists

Ok folks, having watched the game etc it's part of the job for me to try to find out who these trialists are.
And I thought I might as well share what I've found.
In teamsheet order:

SIMEON HOWELL
Wore no. 6 in 1st half
20 year old midfielder released by Reading at end of last season after spells on loan at Farnborough and Forest Green Rovers (7 apps for FGR, 4 for Farnborough, none for Reading that I can find).

CHRIS SARGEANT (this is the spelling on teamsheet, possibly wrong)
Wore 7 in 1st half
Former Everton trainee released at end of last season. Midfielder.

JASON WALKER
Wore 10 in 1st half
26 year old striker formerly of Greenock morton and Dundee (the Scottish striker alluded to in Observer methinks) Is actually English. Signed 1st contract with dundee before moving on to Morton. Scored 15 goals in 40-odd appearances in last 2 seasons.

ASHLEY FOYLE
Wore 17 in 2nd half
think we already know a bit about this guy. Defender. Made 1 appearance for Chesterfield but was released.

NEIL SMITH
Played up front 2nd half - number escapes me
No idea:confused:sorry

AARON RATCHFORD
2nd half goalkeeper
Young keeper. Think he came from Stoke City originally, but not entirely sure.

Hope all this is helpful/interesting.

accymel 08-07-2006 19:36

Re: Today's Trialists

Who was no in the 15 shirt today ????????????? me & Harwood Red wanna know;)

maccawozzagod 08-07-2006 20:47

i thought Fearon was a better keeper than what he showed today.. Ha, he wasn't even on. Don't think we'll be busting a gut to sign him.

Outback Ozzy 08-07-2006 22:37

I suspect Neil Smith was the player with the 15 shirt on in second half.
For me, he, Simeon Howell and Jason Walker all deserve a second look thought they all tried hard. Cannot comment on t'other 2 as I did not notice them too much. Keeper - well others have said what they think. I will not comment - except to say looked a bit of a flapper

glasgow guy 08-07-2006 23:15

surprised at jason walker turning up on trial down here as he had a good season with morton although he got a bad knee injury and didnt score too many..(maybe knee was why he was released..?) I thought they may have kept ahold of him as can be usefull...

shakermaker 08-07-2006 23:21

I don't think Foyle/Ratchford deserve a second look - seemed very poor.
Jason Walker looked promising to me; got a good engine, tidy feet, however lacks in the shot unfortunately.

Whalley Red 09-07-2006 10:43

I think you can't really judge anyone this early into pre-season training, which is why the next game is another 10 days away.

DanTheMonkey 10-07-2006 10:16

Agreed with Shaker, but i think a tad to harsh on Foyle, give the lad time against Rovers and THEN make a judgement:)

harwood red 10-07-2006 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel
Who was no in the 15 shirt today ????????????? me & Harwood Red wanna know;)

More like we wanna know what was with the skin tight shorts!!!!! :D ;) :o

JEFF 10-07-2006 11:26

Just a little bit about Jason Walker

Quote:

Jason Walker admitted he would love to have stayed at Morton but couldn't battle homesickness any longer.

The 22-year-old was brought to Cappielow from Dundee by former Morton manager John McCormack in 2004, but is originally from Barrow-in-Furness in England.

"I'd been in Scotland since I was 16," Walker told the Telegraph. "I was really beginning to miss home and decided to go back to find a different challenge."

Walker also told the Telegraph he hadn't anything lined up with another club and was unsure how the Bosman ruling would effect him as he is under 24-years-old.

"I would like to play at a higher level than the Conference in England but I don't have anything lined up yet, I don't even have an agent.

"To be honest I'm not sure if an English club would have to pay Morton if I signed, I don't really know how it works."

Current Morton manager Jim McInally previously told the Telegraph : "It’s not a great position for him, because anyone who signed him would owe us compensation."

KIPAX 10-07-2006 11:28

Quote:

not a great position for him, because anyone who signed him would owe us compensation

oops :)

simonsm 10-07-2006 20:08

I was told that 15 was Andy Tretton and Neil Smith wasn't playing??

sparkie 10-07-2006 21:13

15 in the second half was definately not tretts!!! he had too much hair!! tretts has had his shaved off.

simonsm 10-07-2006 21:21

That's the last time I believe the person I was sat next to haha (you know who you are lol). Good job 15 didn't touch the ball much then!