Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bury pre- match drinks Anyone? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bury-pre-match-drinks-anyone-24272.html)

maccawozzagod 21-09-2006 10:12

Bury pre- match drinks Anyone?

right then, first BIG away travel of the season for this one I would imagine.

First of all is there an Ultra mini-bus?

Second, anybody for a bit of a crawl in Accy beforehand?

Thirdly, back in Accy about 10:30, anybody having a drink afterwards?

Fourthly, anybody know of a good lock-in pub to celebrate 3 points?

southernred 21-09-2006 11:48

Re: Bury pre- match drinks Anyone?

Just a word of warning to people travelling to Bury.

There are major road works on the A58 from junc2 of the M66. Even at 6 o clock it will take 30 mins to travel approx 1/2 a mile to the junction where you turn for the ground.

Can I suggest you use either the old A56 via Edenfield, come through Ramsbottom or come off the motorway at junc 3 ( Pilsworth)

For pubs in Bury centre; there are loads. Wethespoons, O'Neills etc.

Loads of away fan friendly pubs close to the ground; Staff of Life, Pack Horse and Waterloo.

However my suggestion is the club social club ( I will double check away fans are OK, normally are they need the cash!) Good big room and reasonable priced beer.

Any more info required please PM me

Kisser 22-09-2006 14:42

Firstly, if there is an Ultras mini-bus can I be included please (just one way again please).

Secondly, definately up for a lot of a pub crawl before hand :) Finish work about 2pm...

Thirdly and fourthly are negative sorry.

Where would we go for a few bevvies in town?

Give us a green 22-09-2006 17:34

May i recommend the Waterloo 5 mins from the ground on Manchester Rd.

Owned by a mate of mine Keith who will offer a warm welcome to all fans and a cold beer or 2 ???

Or like southern Red says the official Bury FC social club is a good pint (Thawaites)

Give us a green to Pittimmons:D :D :D :D :D :D :D in the tunnel:Banane06:

denise 22-09-2006 20:49

Went to Bury market this morning, to avoid all road works we went the old way through Baxenden, still only took 20mins. Great little car park about 10mins walk from the ground [ always empty ] just off the main road, behind chippy on the right hand side. Thats where i'll be parking.

maccawozzagod 22-09-2006 21:27

might have known that l'il ol' kisser would be the first (and so far only) respondee to the offer of a booze up. So Kisser, my place or yours

PaulMullinsForehead 22-09-2006 21:33

Sounds good to me Rob, keep me informed, well up for up for it. One of the ones I was really looking forward to this.

maccawozzagod 22-09-2006 21:35

good lad ghosty boy! PM me your mobile I'll let you know where and when

John_Timmins 22-09-2006 22:32

Sounds good finish at 5 in preston so will meet u in the crown for a few in there hows everyone getting there as surely its pointless having a minibus???

will see wats happening tommorrow i guess

Doug 22-09-2006 22:36

I'll be driving, bu**er. Happy to have one pint just before before hand and maybe a j2o or two after.....:)

maccawozzagod 22-09-2006 23:04

RIGHT, JUST FOR ****S AND GIGGLES,

spoke to my mat the taxi rank geezer, Bury would be £15 each way (divide by 4, less than four quid each). Proper **** up followed by tailored transport including local drop offs afterwards. MUST let me know who definitley wants this form of transport and I will book accordingly.

Can then drink in Accy til 6:45 drop at the ground. Pick up from ground around 10, back in accy for 10:30ish. Numbers by Sunday please.

Diesel 22-09-2006 23:23

You just know lil' ol' alchy here is up fer it :P

Bazf 22-09-2006 23:40

Quote:

RIGHT, JUST FOR ****S AND GIGGLES,

spoke to my mat the taxi rank geezer, Bury would be £15 each way (divide by 4, less than four quid each). Proper **** up followed by tailored transport including local drop offs afterwards. MUST let me know who definitley wants this form of transport and I will book accordingly.

Can then drink in Accy til 6:45 drop at the ground. Pick up from ground around 10, back in accy for 10:30ish. Numbers by Sunday please.
Macca maths not your strong point? 15 each way is 30, divided by 4 equals 7.50 each. :D

mthead 23-09-2006 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernred

Loads of away fan friendly pubs close to the ground; Staff of Life, Pack Horse and Waterloo.

Yeah I can definatly recomend the Pack Horse and Staff of Life as I frequent them regular at F.C.United games.I know me and Tinks are going to the game and we will be in them boozers:D as there is hardly any walking distance between them(all of about 10 yards tops)There is also one called the Swan further down Manchester rd which is a decent boozer:)

maccawozzagod 23-09-2006 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthead
Yeah I can definatly recomend the Pack Horse and Staff of Life as I frequent them regular at F.C.United games.I know me and Tinks are going to the game and we will be in them boozers:D as there is hardly any walking distance between them(all of about 10 yards tops)

sounds like a plan see you there!