Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Dons going up? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/dons-going-up-26690.html)

Redraine 09-12-2006 17:51

Dons going up?

I thought their front men were terrific today and worried me every time they went upfield. Mind you, so did our lads at times although Mully was bashed and pulled all over the place without any help from the ref.
Never mind about a roof - we want a defence coach!

fc:stanley 09-12-2006 18:05

Re: Dons going up?

they wernt that bad today i thought rocky and leam did well. i thought there front men where alright but not that good

Tin Monkey 09-12-2006 18:09

Good to see a thread about today's game at last.

McCloud is pretty special, but the rest of the team were pretty average.

We have some serious problems right now and what the answer is at this stage I don't know. With Macclesfield winning again today, their tails are going to be well and truly up for next week. Boston had a good win too.

Redraine 09-12-2006 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 347978)
they wernt that bad today i thought rocky and leam did well. i thought there front men where alright but not that good

So if they weren't that good and our defence wasn't that bad, how come we let in 4 goals?

Doug 09-12-2006 18:13

I think we where unfortunate today, although the defence was shoddy second half they pulled themselves back up after Mangy’s goal and to be honest I think the lads made MK Dons fight hard for their win, there’s no doubt in my mind that Stanley will come back stronger and meaner over the coming months to finish high in the mid table.

yerself 09-12-2006 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine
how come we let in 4 goals?

...Dunbavin...

Redraine 09-12-2006 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 347988)
...Dunbavin...

Dunno about that. Couldn't blame him for the first goal, absolute stunner. 2nd goal I thought he was fouled. 3rd goal a mix up from Mcgivern's atempted clearance, and 4th goal 3 free headers for their front men. Can't be sure as a bit hard to see from the Clayton end - anyone have a better view of their 3 second half goals?

Doug 09-12-2006 18:48

I don't think we can blame Ian altogether, the second two came out of a shambolic defence, they let themselves down during the second half, but they are fighting back, sooner or later we’ll get a bit of luck and some decent decisions from the officials, after that things will come right.

Redraine 09-12-2006 19:00

Mangan's great goal alone was worth the admission fee. So the early leavers missed the best goal of the game again?
Todd man of the match by a mile for me - a fantastic skilfull battler.
I'm with you Doug - we played some great stuff today and would be fine if we could just tighten up at the back. How come Edwards was substituted, though?

Tin Monkey 09-12-2006 19:18

Funny isn't it? Whenever we lose it's either lack of luck, the fault of the officials, or a combination of the two. We must be the unluckiest team in the country.

Redraine 09-12-2006 19:23

Not bad luck or bad ref - just dodgy defending AGAIN.

Haggis316 09-12-2006 19:42

We started great and finished great.

Its a measure of where Stanley have come that Martin Allen was having kittens on the touchline. Some of the gestures were beyond me. He was worth the admission money alone.

The people who stayed away or left early missed a great match. Shame that the balance of scoring went against us.

I thought Jacobson had a great game on the left. When will MacDonald get a chance?

We have scored 6 goals in 2 games and only one point. But keep the faith.

There were disproportionate ante Bavs blame comments near where I was sitting near Coley (much about not commanding areas) but in fairness after this and the Shrewsbury match Elliot must start the next game.

In the Hartlepool game we played with 10 men for 8 minutes and in the Shrewsbury game we had an instance of below par goal keeping.

In this game we had to contend with both, minus our best defender for a lot longer and forwards who are way up on most Championship teams shopping lists and Scott Taylor and Clive Platts came off their bench!

I disagree with any implication that McGovern was average - he played well apart from one stray pass .

Whilst there is no room for complacency (I think Boston (finances permitting) and Macc will probably stay in the league) I expect us to stay up and from the spells where we played well I really think we will be pushing for promotion in the next couple of seasons.

Whalley and McGivern have shown enough to suggest that Coley's scouting network and contacts are as good as ever.

Our disciplinary record must improve. I was dismayed that Robbie Williams got himself sent off depriving us of his services when the defence is stretched. Great powerful run but I am not convinced McLeod would have scored and anyway was one goal worth the sacrifice?

I expect MKD to go up and there were a lot of positives from this game. Lets build on them, not get disheartened and look forward to Coley signing more gems in the transfer window.

Windass10 09-12-2006 19:42

Mk dons are a good side and they will go up no doubt.

Doug 09-12-2006 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 348033)
Funny isn't it? Whenever we lose it's either lack of luck, the fault of the officials, or a combination of the two. We must be the unluckiest team in the country.

I think we've had two fantastic games, we just haven't won. A few months ago I would have been ****ed off and depressed at losing because of the way we played or the ****** mid field left his glasses at home. What I want to see is passion, determination and a bit of skill. The last two home games I've been gutted for these lads seeing the game slip away, but I'm seeing them play increasing better each week for that I'd pay double.

Kiwi John 09-12-2006 20:08

Heartening words Doug and co. I enjoy these 'reports' after the match. but tell me,,, was the DRUM in attendence???