Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Cash bid for Conference striker (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/cash-bid-for-conference-striker-27751.html)

DanTheMonkey 16-01-2007 09:06

Cash bid for Conference striker

From 'fishy' site:
"Accrington Stanley have tabled an offer worth a five figure sum for a leading goalscorer in the Nationwide Conference, and are awaiting a response from his club."

From BBC:
"Accrington boss John Coleman has also lodged a cash bid for a striker from a Conference club."

Anybody any idea's on who it is....a leading goalscorer surely means that he is one of the top goalscorers, i for one hope its Donaldson or Mackail-Smith :D

Let the great debate begin... ;)

Tommy McQueen 16-01-2007 09:15

Re: Cash bid for Conference striker

York have slapped £500.000 fee on Donaldson, so I would'nt think it will be him. What about C McDonald from Gravesend, he is in the top goals Conference League,

DanTheMonkey 16-01-2007 09:17

Possible... but i would have thought it would have been a club that need the money more... and what with Dag & Red bieng top of the league, its unlikely that we will get Mackail-Smith.

Pity.

JEFF 16-01-2007 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey (Post 368590)
Possible... but i would have thought it would have been a club that need the money more... and what with Dag & Red bieng top of the league, its unlikely that we will get Mackail-Smith.

Pity.

Mackail-Smith linked with Peterborough

DanTheMonkey 16-01-2007 10:14

Every other striker in the league has been linked with Posh since they came into the money.

They have got a few now, doubt they will sign another. :rolleyes:

zayno14 16-01-2007 10:33

I read on the Posh site that they had agreed terms with Dagenham for Mackail Smith and Blackett but at the last minute Mackail SMith pulled out becuase "his heart is with Dagenham." So i doubt it will be him or DOnaldosn because York rejected a £100k bid from Posh and we have only offered a five figure fee..So i hope its Charlie McDOnald, he's quality..

DanTheMonkey 16-01-2007 10:37

Or Twiss... Morecambe could be tempted by a quick buck.

Whalley was...

shakermaker 16-01-2007 11:01

Grant from Aldershot.

KIPAX 16-01-2007 11:01

I really dont think anyone is gonna up sticks and move accross the country at this level..... my guess would be someone closer to home... look in maybe a 150-200 mile radius

DanTheMonkey 16-01-2007 11:16

Twiss from Morecambe....please. :)

Morecambe_Red 16-01-2007 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMonkey (Post 368619)
Or Twiss... Morecambe could be tempted by a quick buck.

Whalley was...

absolutely no chance. Twissy has just signed a contract to the Summer of 2010.
He is the difference between getting into the play-offs and making a minimum of £100,000 and not getting in. So why would we sell him for a 5 figure fee which could be £10,000!!
Sammy does not sell his best players and Accy shouldnt have sold their best 2 players.

Willie Miller 16-01-2007 15:28

Personally....

Wouldn't want Twiss (Too fat/Lazy) McDonald (Injury Prone) Clare (Money Money Money) & most certainly NOT Grant who is plain old ****

I vote Christie after Dale returned him to Kiddy he'll have a point to prove I'm sure:cool:

PS Nice avatar Morecambe Red;)

Kiwi John 16-01-2007 16:13

24 hours on and no news...JIFFY- whats the latest?? :)

AccyMad 16-01-2007 16:15

Sky Sports news earlier today were mentioning it could be Twiss - please God it's not!!

Morecambe_Red 16-01-2007 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Miller (Post 368753)
Personally....

Wouldn't want Twiss (Too fat/Lazy) McDonald (Injury Prone) Clare (Money Money Money) & most certainly NOT Grant who is plain old ****

I vote Christie after Dale returned him to Kiddy he'll have a point to prove I'm sure:cool:

PS Nice avatar Morecambe Red;)

you recognised the flags then !