Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New central defender (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-central-defender-28032.html)

K.S.H 26-01-2007 14:48

New central defender

Portugese central defender Mauro Alexandreda Silva Almeida
See fishy site.
I'm calling him MASA, aint gonna try to pronounce that lot :)

SamF 26-01-2007 15:54

Re: New central defender

Great news :D

Go to spain... sign a portuguese bloke... makes sense :p

Kiwi John 26-01-2007 16:37

4 yellow cards in 15 games for FC Zwolle,should fit in well (for a while) . :)

Jimbo T Hornblower 26-01-2007 16:42

Hmm - we wont sign anyone whilst in Spain eh.... Apologies forthwith please....

Jimbo T :horn8:blower

melonhigh 26-01-2007 17:05

Never mind his name. You'll spot him. He's the one with "Souvenir of Spain" on his shirt.

shakermaker 26-01-2007 17:13

I wonder if he can play in the net aswell

Maverick 26-01-2007 18:43

Jimbo I never said we wouldn't sign anyone I just thought hoped we hadn't given up cos we'd missed out on all our targets and went on holiday!

Glad he's a defender. I was worried with all that crap about Donaldson and strikers from Scotland cos it's at the beck were our problems are. Hopefully he's a foreighn lad who actually gets a game and not just here to warm the bench like Julian was. Still think we should've kept him.

Jimbo T Hornblower 26-01-2007 21:36

Never mentioned any names Mavvy :) Guilty concience? ;)

I was going to add that its a defender too.... (NOW Im going to mention names) .....

Jeff... :)

Jimbo T :horn8:blower

Kiwi John 26-01-2007 22:30

Dosen't actually say they have signed him.He could well have 'hitched' a ride back to visit an elderly aunt in Dingleland.

Bagpuss 26-01-2007 23:57

Jiffy Bag how did you miss predicting this one, have your sources failed you?

MikeA 27-01-2007 07:33

I've found a photo (I think)! Does anyone speak Romanian?
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&cd=20.

maccawozzagod 27-01-2007 11:53

It says ' will cope admirably with cold wooden benches in the middle of Western European winters.'

bit of pedigree about him by th elooks of things, I hope he's here to stay. Club statement please!

AccyMad 27-01-2007 12:23

Just been up to the ground watching the lads train - really brought in the crowds, must've been all of a dozen people there! Not much to report really, the new lad looks good from what we saw, tall and strong looking. Good to see Cav training, not fully with the rest of the lads but still it looks like he's almost there.
Also nice to see Leighton McGivern & Danny Ventre making tentative steps on to the pitch, poor Leighton at one point looked like a toddler learning to kick a ball for the first time. No sign of Bavs, Fearo was in the nets - he did ok as well.

Paper Boy 27-01-2007 16:20

Dunbavin was there, but just sat in the stands. I saw McGivern, Ventre and him having a stroll in their tracksuits on my way to the ground. McGivern also tried to jog at one stage, but had a very bad limp and gave up after about five strides, so I can't see us playing him for a long time yet.

The only other interesting thing about this morning was watching Toddy try to explain what the next training drill was to the new bloke. It was a case of talking slowly and loud in pigeon English which always seems to help!

shakermaker 27-01-2007 16:41

Yea, I was told afterwards that Bavs was there but was in physio most of the time. Don't know why Toddy was talking like that to the new lad, according to Eric he is fluent in three other languages apart from his own, English, French & Spanish.