Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Good news! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/good-news-28434.html)

AccyMad 12-02-2007 13:58

Good news!

On fishy site now, Rommy has signed a deal to keep him with us till the summer of 2009 - brilliant :p

rude-dog 12-02-2007 14:19

Re: Good news!

Great news. hopefully this is the first of many. I believe alot of the squad is up for renewal this summer. we need to make sure all our best players are tied up before some1 else tries to lure them. Now rommy has signed i am hoping to see mullers, cav, rocky, toddy, leam, harris and dunbavin all following suit and showing there commitment to the cause. well done boco

JEFF 12-02-2007 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by rude-dog (Post 382493)
Great news. hopefully this is the first of many. I believe alot of the squad is up for renewal this summer. we need to make sure all our best players are tied up before some1 else tries to lure them. Now rommy has signed i am hoping to see mullers, cav, rocky, toddy, leam, harris and dunbavin all following suit and showing there commitment to the cause. well done boco

Who do you think that some1 else will try to lure away ? I don't think any of the ones you have mentioned will be lured anywhere.

Local Red 12-02-2007 15:07

Fantastic news. Quality player and a favourite with the crowd. Yippee!!

AccyMad 12-02-2007 15:12

While it can't be denied that this is great news, the cynic in me can't help but think the announcement of it has been timed perfectly before the q & a session tonight to maybe smooth the way a little?

Redraine 12-02-2007 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 382505)
Who do you think that some1 else will try to lure away ? I don't think any of the ones you have mentioned will be lured anywhere.

Harris and Toddy for starters.

kimberly-clark 12-02-2007 16:13

toddy is not a good footballer. he gives 100% but he is not any good at playing football.

JEFF 12-02-2007 16:17

Jay Harris runs around like he is lost and he cannot pass a ball. The last two games he has go 4 out of 10, and 5 out of 10 in the paper. I don't think that there would be a queue if he was put on the transfer list.

kimberly-clark 12-02-2007 16:20

i disagree with you there jeff. i think harris can play, if he had a better quality of player aorund him he would be a good operator. playin him in the middle with proccy is wastful, the ball gets passed around proccy and they both get stretched.

zayno14 12-02-2007 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberly-clark (Post 382562)
toddy is not a good footballer. he gives 100% but he is not any good at playing football.

what a joke...He's stood head and shoulders above the rest this season, you haven't a clue kimberly Clark..

Redraine 12-02-2007 19:01

Quote:

Are you the biggest wind-up merchant on this messageboard or just totally deluded?

yerself 12-02-2007 20:35

Are you a bog-roll ? The bog-rolls at work are called Kimberly Clark.

Oggy 12-02-2007 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 382700)
The bog-rolls at work are called Kimberly Clark.

..........and they're made in Barrow :eek: . Nuff said.

cmonstanley 12-02-2007 21:44

shes only trying to ward off anyone whos after our best players methinks...
i think jay harris is having a tremendous season our midfield is looking good a few months ago it was non existant ......:Banane27: :Banane27: :Banane27: :smilingfa hopefully we are staying up!!!!!

Wynonie Harris 12-02-2007 21:47

"she's" a he, bananahead.

cmonstanley 12-02-2007 21:49

:confused: no . no no.even i recognise toddy is one of our best players:D :Banane15:

Outback Ozzy 12-02-2007 22:46

:confused:
Quote:

:confused:

Jeez you will be slaughtered for saying that. Toddy is the best player by a million miles, agree on giving 100% - scored some timely goals and I for one worry about him being talent spotted. Player of the season for me so far
:eek: :eek: :eek:

kimberly-clark 13-02-2007 08:16

im not knocking toddy, i think he gives his all and thats why he plays well because he will give 110% and chase everything down and battle all day. but you lot are deluded if you think he is a talented football. he blatently not. he is all about effort not skill

pilki 13-02-2007 08:23

i think he's a very talented football....

zayno14 13-02-2007 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberly-clark (Post 382846)
im not knocking toddy, i think he gives his all and thats why he plays well because he will give 110% and chase everything down and battle all day. but you lot are deluded if you think he is a talented football. he blatently not. he is all about effort not skill

You said the sam about Craney to, look where he is playing now...Look how we've struggled since he has gone...You don't know much...

kimberly-clark 13-02-2007 09:06

no i said craney is a top confrenece player and an average league 2 player. he never got his move off his form this season because he ghosted it every time he played.

todd is not a good footballer its fairly obvious. but he makes up for that with his effort is what im saying.

AccyMad 13-02-2007 09:09

So you reckon Toddy is not a good footballer but from previous posts you seem to think Mangy is the answer to our prayers! Are you sure you've been watching the same games as the rest of us?

kimberly-clark 13-02-2007 09:10

sorry sent that before id finished typing. and we havent struggled just becsue craney has left or gary has left. its because the squad is not strong enough. when we went on that run at the start of the season lady luck was on our side. we won games were we should of drawn or lost. it wasnt because craney ws playing

FELIX 13-02-2007 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 382559)
Harris and Toddy for starters.

here here (...or is it hear hear?) either way, I couldn't agree more, particularly Mr Harris

Haz66 13-02-2007 18:34

I also agree that Toddy has been our best player this season and has worked his socks off for the team, i also think Harris is also a very hard worker and would be sadly missed i also think Mullin as given us his all as well this season, ok he`s not a brilliant player but you cant fault the guy on effort, Mangan for me is not a good footballer yes he`s got speed and in the conference he got away with coming on as sub and scoring a few, but he`s struggling this season against better defence`s, and i dont care if he comes on on Saturday and scores a bag full just to prove me wrong, i`m not anti-Mangan i just dont rate him, but we could do with the goals.