Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wrexham 1 Shrewsbury 3. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wrexham-1-shrewsbury-3-a-28754.html)

jaytee 25-02-2007 15:39

Wrexham 1 Shrewsbury 3.

Did our best for you today. In all honesty, we were far from good. We play Wrexham at home again, a week on Tuesday. There is no love between our Club's, so there is no chance of us doing them a favour. Their Centre Half, Evans, was sent off for violent conduct, so that's three games out for him. They have some tough games to play, including, MK Dons, Bristol Rov, Macc, Notts, Lincoln And Walsall. Their last game of the season is away at Boston, which might be interesting!

maccawozzagod 25-02-2007 16:30

Re: Wrexham 1 Shrewsbury 3.

thanks very much Shrews. Wrexham are really struggling now, just a shame we can't seem to find the three points to pull away from all these other monkeys

Oggy 25-02-2007 16:54

More than hopeful that the Rochdale and Bristol Rovers games will see Stanley move up a bit, would be nice to overtake Bury, who seem to be in freefall. :)

Don't want to rely on other teams performing badly, but the last 5 games have seen Bury, Boston, Wrexham and Torquay pick up 4 points between them, one each, how bad is that?

Boston and Torquay would be the dream ticket, mileage wise. :)

Urban Spaceman 26-02-2007 10:50

I certainly don't want to see Torquay go down, despite the fact that they are six points adrift at the bottom. They have had no luck at all this season, and the off the pitch antics of the chairman and board of directors down there have overshadowed most of their season. It is a real shame for them, because they are not a bad side at their best, and I would love to see them stage their usual late recovery ! :)

For me, it would be justice if Boston went down, and for the sake of the Gulls, Wrexham could join them ! :)

jaytee 26-02-2007 11:42

In fact, it's even worse for Wrexham, Evans has got a FIVE match ban. Wrexham are at home to Boston in the last game, not away as I posted earlier.

WOLVERHAMPTON REDS 26-02-2007 16:01

wrexham allso have to play torquay thats a six pointer of all six pointers !!!!!!

Zero 26-02-2007 16:40

Do us a favour again on Friday Shrews and send the gas up here on the back of a good spanking.

jaytee 26-02-2007 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 388901)
Do us a favour again on Friday Shrews and send the gas up here on the back of a good spanking.

We'll do our best! It's a massive game for us as well. We've got our top scorer available again after suspension. I agree about Torquay, we always enjoy our match weekend stays there. If not, maybe Exeter will come up, they're going well. We still keep an eye on the Conference after our season down there. As you guy's know, it's a very good standard. I'd rather watch a Conference match on Sky, than some of the Premiership ****e.

Urban Spaceman 27-02-2007 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaytee (Post 388942)
We'll do our best! It's a massive game for us as well. We've got our top scorer available again after suspension. I agree about Torquay, we always enjoy our match weekend stays there. If not, maybe Exeter will come up, they're going well. We still keep an eye on the Conference after our season down there. As you guy's know, it's a very good standard. I'd rather watch a Conference match on Sky, than some of the Premiership ****e.

I agree with you about the Conference Jaytee. I have been to a couple of Forest Green Rovers matches this season (away at Aldershot on Boxing Day and home to Morecambe last Saturday) and they have been very entertaining. Even FGR (for whom I have a very soft spot) are getting a decent team together under Jim Harvey and dominated the first 25 mins of Saturdays match with Morecambe.:D Certainly, the 3-1 scoreline in Morecambe's favour flattered them, as it could so easily have been 2-2.