Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   John Coleman (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/john-coleman-28816.html)

VitalStanley 27-02-2007 15:55

John Coleman

I was talking to a apparent 'Stanley Through and Through' man down in't town centre today and in the middle of a conversation about David Martin on-loan from Liverpool and his unluckiness, he blurts out "I think we should sack John Coleman he has took us no where!"

Is it just me that thinks this man is a can short of a six-pack? I said "I think Coley has been a great manager for us and he will keep us in the Fotoball League" and at that point he storms off muttering some things that weren't very nice under his breath!

Is it just me that thinks he's the right man for the job?? If not I hope you who think he should go aren't half as immature as that certain man was!

Martyn :Banane08:

Outback Ozzy 27-02-2007 16:05

Re: John Coleman

Could this be the same individual who thought it would be nice to decorate the pitch last week? If not, then the man is blind - JC has taken us from Unibond Div One to the football league, and given the supporters a lot of highs and a few lows. Hey he is learning his craft as well and is big enough to put his hand up and say I made a mistake. Yes we all have a moan now and again (me included) but JC is the manager, Eric is the Chairperson, so I assume he is the one making the hiring and firing decisions. Lets continue to support through thick and thin.

No.9 Dream 27-02-2007 17:48

Well they way I see it John Coleman has learnt and evolved over the time he has been with us. Never yet failed to take difficult decisions when rebuiling a team to do a job at a particular level ( and how many successful teams has he constructed now? )

He has brought us success we could only once dream of.

Lets face it Stanley lost crucial players at crucial times this season in the toughest league we have played in. I for one have every faith that God willing we survive this year the close season will offer a degree of breathing space for the club to re-access and regroup. Lessons will have been learned and I'm sure that, once league survival is ensured, we will see the ideas generated by this season improve Stanley in 2007-08.

Changing the manager is an affliction that affects many especially those supporters of established league clubs. They appear to believe that in order to appease the wrathful gods of relegation a human sacrifice is required. Does it always work?.....well for starters you could ask West Ham fans.

For the resources he has had and the work he has acomplished I for one say John Coleman is the man for Accrington Stanley.

Red-Osbornello 27-02-2007 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitalStanley (Post 389594)
I said "I think Coley has been a great manager for us and he will keep us in the Fotoball League"

Clearly he can't be that great a fan or he would have corrected you and told you we play in the Football League :D

baldy 27-02-2007 18:13

Sorry if i upset people but yeh i belive that coley shud be sacked, hes brought us up too many leagues on such a shoestring budget, whats he think hes playin at? we have no fans coz hes brought us up too quick, no roof coz of planning permission, close to relegation coz two bigger clubs from leagues above come to take two of our prized assets and yet again failed to replace them,

Jonny Coleys Red And White Army :D

Haz66 27-02-2007 18:36

Coleman has done well to stick it out, how many people would put up with the bad luck he`s had this season and still have the drive to carry on ?, ok we are struggling this season but i think most of us thought we would, and most said that staying in the league was the main thing for Stanley this season, i think there may be better mangers for the job but i dont think that any of them will have the same passion as JC, for me he`s done a fantastic job with ****** all money and even less luck, no matter which league your`e in if a team struggles the manager is always the fall guy and it doesn`t always improve things bringing in new staff, so for me may he long be at the helm.

maccawozzagod 27-02-2007 20:11

John Coleman -Messiah

the guy has took us to where no true fan of Stanley ever thought possible.
Along with Eric Whalley

He works with a nothing budget yet still turns out a squad that has been unlucky this season. And even Coleys' biggest detractors would agree that we have been unlucky with suspensions and injuries to key players at the same time as losing two of our most influential playmakers.

The club has had nothing but knocks this year but he still unearths gems in McGivern and Whalley?

The only people who would seriously consider sacking the best thing ever to happen to Accrington Stanley are part timers who know nothing about football much less Accrington Stanley

AccyRed 27-02-2007 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by No.9 Dream (Post 389700)
For the resources he has had and the work he has acomplished I for one say John Coleman is the man for Accrington Stanley.

Totally agree no.9 Dream, considering the money and resources hes doing a great job ...

The team may be having a bad run but it has to end somewhere, im sure we will get through this one. Take a step back and look at the last few years, We have been so used to winning over the last few seasons and this one is proving a lot harder for everyone involved. The team, management and fans alike...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion(I have mine on matchdays) but negativity cant be good for morale and i'll bet the lads are just as disappointed and frustrated as everyone else...

Keep at it JC, the results will come i'm sure of it :)

Keep the Faith

:D

Doug 27-02-2007 20:25

Glory hunters demanding the head of the man who give us our respect and pride back just because we're on a downer at the moment. Next time ask them what they have done for the club and the people of Accrington then tell them to **** off to Burnley........

Red-Osbornello 27-02-2007 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 389861)
Glory hunters demanding the head of the man who give us our respect and pride back just because we're on a downer at the moment. Next time ask them what they have done for the club and the people of Accrington then tell them to **** off to Burnley........

Well Said..

maccawozzagod 27-02-2007 20:30

every man woman and child who is a fan of stanley should tell these idiots exactly what Doug said.

As with everything else we as a club, Supporters club, and body of people, should be striving to acheive - lets take back this town from the claret and blue and white.

ACCRINGTON IS - WAS - AND ALWAYS WILL BE RED AND WHITE

remember that.

Red-Osbornello 27-02-2007 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 389878)
every man woman and child who is a fan of stanley should tell these idiots exactly what Doug said.

As with everything else we as a club, Supporters club, and body of people, should be striving to acheive - lets take back this town from the claret and blue and white.

ACCRINGTON IS - WAS - AND ALWAYS WILL BE RED AND WHITE

remember that.

HERE HERE! :Banane20:

Oggy 27-02-2007 20:38

Maybe it's just a Pavlovian reaction, you hear the "JC" and you want a crucifixion. Give him till Easter, at least. :rolleyes:

Johnny Coleman's Red and White Army

Red-Osbornello 27-02-2007 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggy (Post 389886)
Maybe it's just a Pavlovian reaction, you hear the "JC" and you want a crucifixion. Give him till Easter, at least. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that isn;t politically correct!?!!?!! ;)

Oggy 27-02-2007 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello (Post 389901)
I'm sure that isn;t politically correct!?!!?!! ;)

The good thing is, he'd be back in charge for the Hartlepool game ;)