Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   the Gas man cometh (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-gas-man-cometh-29026.html)

maccawozzagod 06-03-2007 19:46

the Gas man cometh

1 kazmewhatsit

2 Edwards
3 Leam
4 Williams
5 Almeida

6 Harris
7 Proctor
8 Todd
9 Boco

10 Mully
11 Mangan

Rogers, Welch, Cav and Whalley dropped

Doherty back on the bench as well, I hope he has recovered from his outofsortsness because he MAY just give us that bit of balance back. He still wont tackle and he still wont dribble but he was still a good outlet and fed Roberts quite well earlier in the season and maybe Whalley could play the Roberts role?

maccawozzagod 06-03-2007 20:28

Re: the Gas man cometh

buggaring eck one nil down

never mind eh three minutes left!

Doug 06-03-2007 20:33

Not good is it......:(

Doug 06-03-2007 20:36

Yes.........Whalley 1 - 1

Haggis316 06-03-2007 20:38

Phew that's a relief!!!

maccawozzagod 06-03-2007 20:46

go on my son!!!!!!

maccawozzagod 06-03-2007 20:48

3 and a half points clear of the drop zone now.

Growler 06-03-2007 20:54

...and a half?

Chimer 06-03-2007 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Growler (Post 393734)
...and a half?

Goal difference ..

Makes up a bit for frozen nuts in Bristol :D

SamF 06-03-2007 21:07

Scabbiest goal I've seen in a long time by us but we deserved it for our first half performance - it was like we were playing last year :D

Growler 06-03-2007 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 393735)
Goal difference ..

Makes up a bit for frozen nuts in Bristol :D

Ahhh... ;)

Outback Ozzy 06-03-2007 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 393741)
Scabbiest goal I've seen in a long time by us but we deserved it for our first half performance - it was like we were playing last year :D

Don't know which match you was watching, but that was one of the poorest Stanley performances I have ever witnessed. It seemed that the strikers were affraid of doing there job ie shooting at goal. I was soooo depressed I walked out at the 88th minute and missed the Stanley goal. Maybe I shouldn't turn up, but no that is not the answer. As one text message received on the BBC Radio Lancs stated, some of the players are not up to league standard and it is showing. The fitness levels are a yard short of most teams, the only saving grace is that the 3 teams below us are even worse!. We need a big striker up front to partner PM ( I know we are the 4th best scorers in the league) although the defence tonight was somewhat better, but tended to go walkaround in the second half chasing an equaliser and left some alarming gaps. Still a point is a point gained and not a loss.:eek: :eek: :confused:

Zero 06-03-2007 23:50

Don`t know how you can be so down on the performance tonight. For a start it was 4 goals to the good of the last encounter. Stanley enjoyed a majority of posession in Gas territory and had 10 shots on targets to Bristols 3 and to be honest all game the gas never created anything more than the half chances Stanley could muster until the obligatory mid 2nd half brain fade. Richardson and Harris back in the team caused more hustle and Rocky and Almeida didn`t do a lot wrong all night. I thought after Saturday`s tremendous atmosphere and abysmal performance tonight was a reversal with the lads looking to have a lot more desire and the crowd was pretty quiet most of the time (muttering and grumbling) when there should have been constant noise with only a few Gasheads. It could of just converted some of the half chances into winners.
Anyway I`m not down about it, back to making top teams look average rather than average teams look great.

Cart On Stanley !!

Revived Red 07-03-2007 07:37

A great team effort last night - and I can hold my head up high in Bristol this morning! But ..... we really have become very predictable when going forward. With the players we presently have, maybe that's not surprising. But here's a thought. How about trying Michael Welch as a strike partner to Paul Mullin? I wonder what others think of that.

Redraine 07-03-2007 07:45

It's worth a try - sort of Wright and Bright re-invented?