Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Lies, damn lies & statistics! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/lies-damn-lies-and-statistics-3709.html)

Redskin 07-04-2004 23:07

Lies, damn lies & statistics!

Out of curiosity I have calculated (primitive maths I know) that we have only taken 14 points from a possible 39, since the turn of the year! I'm beggered to be able to put my finger on the missing ingredient that was obviously so influencial prior to Xmas. Answer on a post card to Coley & Co, IES, Accy.

SuperAccyStan 08-04-2004 09:16

Re: Lies, damn lies & statistics!

it's all the suspensions we've had

loweiy 08-04-2004 09:26

too much Turkey

lindsay ormerod 08-04-2004 17:21

Possibly something to do with amount of matches crammed in such a small space of time,bearing in mind the lads work as well and don't get to train as often as they would like. :rolleyes:

AccyStanFan 08-04-2004 17:32

i have to say the excitedness (hehe) has gone down, weve just settled middle table and accepted it because thats were we hoped for at the start of the season.

hopefully next year we'll hope for playoffs and make them.

AccyRed 08-04-2004 17:55

Quote:

Possibly something to do with amount of matches crammed in such a small space of time,bearing in mind the lads work as well and don't get to train as often as they would like.
I have to agree with you Lindsay, They will be getting tired now and I think they have been slowing down for a while now. All these matches in this short space of time will take it's toll on the lads. Lets just be thankful we're where we are in the table and not fighting a relegation battle. I think the team have done us proud for a first season in the Conference. :) :)

Well Done Lads :bow8: :bow8:

Jimbo T Hornblower 08-04-2004 18:16

I agree with the impressions I get on here but in the same vein, I reckon we can hold onto 8th - its not over yet... They are a good side with a few hefty challenges to boot ... :moon: :bootyshak :thumbsup:

Jimbo T :horn8: blower

asfc babe 08-04-2004 18:20

i also think that teams have got to know us and how we play. At the beginning we where the new boys and we where on a high and know-one really knew us. Things have changed and I agree, loads of games in short amount of time doesn't help matters.

But on the other hand it has been a great season and we have proved to everyone that we are no push overs. Well done the lads and the management

ab:)

AccyStanFan 08-04-2004 18:27

maybe we was underestimated at the start of the season.

SuperAccyStan 08-04-2004 18:31

I think that's right, we were underestimated. We aren't any more and we know that. Also we are the second highest semi-pro club in the conference, not bad going. Still, our disciplinary record has let us down :(