Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Boring (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/boring-4358.html)

Willie Miller 27-05-2004 15:43

Boring

this forum's dead, is it the close season??

Therefore, could I please have everybody's seasons highlights - I'll start

1. Bournemouth away
700 & odd Stanley fans outsinging 7500 Bournemouth fans - Mullins header, the players coming across & applauding, the pub beforehand excellent banter, a real top trip

2. Bournemouth Home
Broadhurst penalty landing somewhere on Lower Barnes Street, Haworths celebrations, then watching the game on Match of the Day with players, chairman etc & taking the Michael out of Jamo when he was substituted. Walking in at about 3am alittle worse for wear

3. Aldershot Away
Back in the big time, lovely sunny day, in the bar early for a good sing song, Proccys goal, the strange looks from the locals as we baked inthe sun screaming "Red & White Army"

Thats only 3 but three excellent days as a red. Haven't even mentioned Morecambe away both times (apart from the score) Clochester, Huddersfield at home, Daggers away win.

Anyone anymore?
Give us your highlights...
Jase

Wynonie Harris 27-05-2004 16:00

Re: Boring

Aldershot home
Standing on the Coppice End on a windy, rainy Accy afternoon watching us comprehensively demolish the Shots. At that moment, I really thought we could win the championship.

Dagenham away
The look of gobsmacked wonder on the cockneys' faces as we stole three points off them. Pure magic!

SuperAccyStan 27-05-2004 16:05

2. Bournemouth Home
Broadhurst penalty landing somewhere on Lower Barnes Street, Haworths celebrations, then watching the game on Match of the Day with players, chairman etc & taking the Michael out of Jamo when he was substituted. Walking in at about 3am alittle worse for wear

yeh that was a good night. Colchester at home was a cracker as well, even though we lost.

Ceejache 27-05-2004 16:06

I thought that for sheer atmosphere you couldn't beat the Colchester home match. The guy singing Nessun Dorma and 4,000 plus fans packed in. Magic!

Willie Miller 27-05-2004 16:10

yeh that was a good night. Colchester at home was a cracker as well, even though we lost.

Didn't we lose in Colchester (or was it a small town in Ipswich)

Jase

Wynonie Harris 27-05-2004 16:12

Barnet away
My first Conference away match and what a strange feeling - to be supporting Stanley in London. Sod Drolysden and South Elmsall, this is the life!

SuperAccyStan 27-05-2004 16:21

Didn't we lose in Colchester (or was it a small town in Ipswich)

Good point, but we didnt win, either :D

Bazf 27-05-2004 17:23

:rose8: Morecombe on boxing day, coming home to watch Stanley and what a good memory plus how the crown ground has changed in to a proper football ground. Another good one is the website and thanks to Kipax form us expats its a valuble sorce of news and gossip.

Smiffy16 27-05-2004 17:26

Exeter away was good when we humiliated the "spitting blonde"!!!!hehehehe......classic!

baldy 27-05-2004 17:43

barnet at home in the crown pub good banter with the barnet crew
and wen shotgun attempted to set a barnet fans pants on fire

and also exeter away nice weather seeing thae guy in the middle of the roundabout
sunbathing and wen we were singing to the spitting blonde

but overall i think it has been a good season 3rd round of da FA CUP justmissing off in the playoffs

we can only come back bigger and stronger

AccyStanFan 27-05-2004 18:26

err huddersfield home, goucks goal, the feeling on this forum that week.

glosterred 27-05-2004 22:43

1.bournemouth away for the amazing atmosphere and result....oh the chant of your french and you know you are....priceless

2. colchester home....my first visit to the crown ground

3. gouks shot flying into the net against huddersfield....was watching at home.

4.finally forest green away....cos i was home in time for 606 on five live!!!

MikeA 28-05-2004 06:49

Bournemouth away was brilliant with Paul's early goal and the Beatles' song at half-time.

Beating Hereford at home surprised a few people, and there was the comeback at Chester. And Shrewsbury and Hereford away were games that we could so easily have won.
<!-- / message -->