Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Today's game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/todays-game-44600.html)

AccyMad 26-12-2008 13:19

Today's game

Anyone know what coverage we have today?

ddevil2006 26-12-2008 13:37

Re: Today's game

todays team

Dunbavin
richardson
edwards
charnock
king
ryan
mullin j
procter
miles
mullin p
clarke

Subs
speare
murdock
grant
cavanagh
mahon

K.S.H 26-12-2008 14:37

1 - 0 down

Div3North 26-12-2008 14:47

Leylandii's at the game. Says Gornell would have had us 2 up but Clarke didn't. Miles just shot over. Doesn't sound like a lost cause

stanley convert 26-12-2008 14:52

Here we go again all the possession (bbc) and still 1-0 down,get clarke off!! sorry but he aint got a clue

Kiwi John 26-12-2008 14:55

C'mon Stanley

Kiwi John 26-12-2008 15:21

0-2.. not good

stanley convert 26-12-2008 15:22

Thank goodness for the season of good will to all men, Bournemouth and Barnet beaten, Luton and Grimsby getting beat and Rotherham only drawing. GO STANLEY GO

Grimps 26-12-2008 15:23

come on you reds a ponit will do for me not 3 just get a goal

Grimps 26-12-2008 15:24

**** make it 2

stanley convert 26-12-2008 15:25

Its not the same clown in black as we had last week is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwi John 26-12-2008 15:29

...Better put those Haddock fiddlers to bed on Sunday or else..... :(

stanley convert 26-12-2008 15:31

Spot on kiwi

Div3North 26-12-2008 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley convert (Post 663108)
... get clarke off!! sorry but he aint got a clue

Apparently we're making them look good and they ain't. Clarke put the ball over when faced with an open goal ....................

stanley convert 26-12-2008 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 663123)
Apparently we're making them look good and they ain't. Clarke put the ball over when faced with an open goal ....................

Suprise suprise :eek::eek::eek:

Kiwi John 26-12-2008 15:47

Must say ,I'm getting highly annoyed with LANKYDAVEs Dingles...everytime I chuck them in a multi, they loose (close to it at the mo...)

stanley convert 26-12-2008 15:57

Breaking news Eric gives squad and management team belated christmas presents after chester defeat!! a spade apiece to try and dig thier way out of the hole they are in. dig deep and throw well back lads

Deffo need a result now against the kipper lickers on sunday

Redraine 26-12-2008 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley convert (Post 663126)
Suprise suprise :eek::eek::eek:

Can anyone tell me why Coley persists in starting with Clarke????
Baffles me.:mad:

Grimps 26-12-2008 16:17

send clarke back to rovers and bring in one of the kids for the 6 poniter on sat day then bring in new players when windoor opens sorry for the spelling
:dflam::dflam::dflam:

Mr Matthew 26-12-2008 16:46

Clarke's not Scouse is he?

Wynonie Harris 26-12-2008 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimps (Post 663131)
send clarke back to rovers and bring in one of the kids for the 6 poniter on sat day

Grimps, whatever you do, don't turn up on Saturday...

...on second thoughts. maybe you'd be better turning up on Saturday...it'll be less painful. :rolleyes:

VALAIRIAN 26-12-2008 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 663130)
Can anyone tell me why Coley persists in starting with Clarke????
Baffles me.:mad:

I would imagine because he is on loan and is duty bound to play him!?!?!?

Tin Monkey 26-12-2008 18:08

Got back a little while ago and must admit to being disappointed by the result today, although not surprised.

Chester were a poor side, probably one of the worst I've seen this season, but they still had enough to beat us today. We had the lion's share of possession (especially in the second half), but we lack a cutting edge up front and apart from a couple of efforts from range, we never looked like putting the ball in the back of the net. Chester capitalised on some poor defending for their first goal and a silly challenge for their second.

I thought Mullin (P), Miles, Ryan and Cav (in the second half) all had very good games, but apart from the threat from midfield (Ryan and Miles both went close), we have no threat up front.

If Gornell had been playing today (and in the form he was previously), he'd have had a bag full.

madkev 26-12-2008 18:13

Another loss? Surely not :) Not looking good.:eek:

Mr Matthew 26-12-2008 18:15

Keeping positive.

We'll scrape through doing what we need to this season.

Come on Stanley boys!

VALAIRIAN 26-12-2008 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 663144)
Got back a little while ago and must admit to being disappointed by the result today, although not surprised.

Chester were a poor side, probably one of the worst I've seen this season, but they still had enough to beat us today. We had the lion's share of possession (especially in the second half), but we lack a cutting edge up front and apart from a couple of efforts from range, we never looked like putting the ball in the back of the net. Chester capitalised on some poor defending for their first goal and a silly challenge for their second.

I thought Mullin (P), Miles, Ryan and Cav (in the second half) all had very good games, but apart from the threat from midfield (Ryan and Miles both went close), we have no threat up front.

If Gornell had been playing today (and in the form he was previously), he'd have had a bag full.

Without stating the obvious T.M. (and I am not trying to put the boot in!) WE HAVE NOT GOT GORNELL so what are we going to do on Sat. that is going to get us the points against Grimsby!?????

Tin Monkey 26-12-2008 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 663150)
Without stating the obvious T.M. (and I am not trying to put the boot in!) WE HAVE NOT GOT GORNELL so what are we going to do on Sat. that is going to get us the points against Grimsby!?????

Thanks for the capitals. They helped me to understand you better.

As for what I'd do for the Grimsby game, then I'd leave the covers off, let the pitch freeze over, get the game called off, then rearrange the game for a later date when we have had time to bring in some new (loan) players. Simple!

lancsdave 26-12-2008 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 663150)

I don't mind a small wager you won't get a single point against Grimsby on saturday :D

lancsdave 26-12-2008 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 663127)
Must say ,I'm getting highly annoyed with LANKYDAVEs Dingles...everytime I chuck them in a multi, they loose (close to it at the mo...)

So it was your fault jinx :rolleyes:

( PS I'm only 5' 7" :) )

VALAIRIAN 26-12-2008 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 663154)
I don't mind a small wager you won't get a single point against Grimsby on saturday :D

Please do not say that, I am clinging on to the hope that we can at least get something against them if nothing else!!!

madkev 26-12-2008 18:29

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3...807e9a9nm5.jpg

You have my permission to beat these on sunday :) Let's do it!

Wynonie Harris 26-12-2008 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 663158)
Please do not say that, I am clinging on to the hope that we can at least get something against them if nothing else!!!

Penny's not dropped, has it, Valairian? ;)

lancsdave 26-12-2008 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 663173)
Penny's not dropped, has it, Valairian? ;)

shush Mr H, I'm trying to make a few bob here :D

K.S.H 26-12-2008 20:42

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe I should post these every week eh :rolleyes:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1230327685

VALAIRIAN 26-12-2008 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 663194)
shush Mr H, I'm trying to make a few bob here :D

Fair cop you two!! Hope that you are right.

VALAIRIAN 26-12-2008 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 663152)
Thanks for the capitals. They helped me to understand you better.

As for what I'd do for the Grimsby game, then I'd leave the covers off, let the pitch freeze over, get the game called off, then rearrange the game for a later date when we have had time to bring in some new (loan) players. Simple!

Like the 'frozen pitch' idea T.M. (sorry abut the caps-just the frustration of another defeat,and what looks like another nailbiting season end)

Redraine 27-12-2008 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 663141)
I would imagine because he is on loan and is duty bound to play him!?!?!?

Yes, but so is Mahon!

Tin Monkey 27-12-2008 11:00

I've only seen Mahon twice as a subsitute and he's done nothing to impress me. JC has a striker problem at the moment (shame Blundell has the injury) and so has to play Clarke. Clarke has been a disappointment to me, but he's all we have until January.

Grimps 27-12-2008 11:25

just been on clitheroes web to see how a smith is doing and stanley have re called im back

shakermaker 27-12-2008 11:39

If that's true Grimps then it's good news.

DAV007 27-12-2008 12:24

we played well in spells today.
Last 10 minutes of first half and for last 30 mins of second half we where the more likely to score.
The final 1/3rd is where the problem lies, not only the strikers but also the final ball was not good enough.
I have thought this for a while, Paul Mullin was poor again IMO - I know he did better than Clarke but compared to his own high standards, the chester defence where on top of him all game.
The referee was poor. To many times Chester players made obvious fouls to break up stanleys counter attack - and the lack of any cards gave them license to carry on for the full 90 minutes.
John Miles and Jimmy Ryan played well, Charnock and King where on top. Richardson had a poor first half and Jamie Clarke does not look hungry to prove himself.
We really miss Craney.

Grimps 27-12-2008 13:36

wynonie harris thanks for the tip i was going to go to day we play alot better when we have back to back games can you remmber the games i was there my self at the two away games back in the day well ill put my new top back in the all unitll sunday and for my little chubby mat he would have **** him self if i gone to day saw lets keep it between us

afrikaaner 27-12-2008 20:49

Well mr H,it seems as though grimps has proved what i've always said about him,his posts are living proof of what i've always said that his brain reacts differently to everyone elses.Considering he was going to the fes today (saturday)it only goes to show what the effects of a solitary brain cell can do,he even asked me if i was going on saturday.I said no because i prefer sunday games lol and still he didn't catch on,but bless him he's convinced that accy will get 3 points on sunday so lets hope he's right,if he is it will be the first time he's got anything right.So come come accy lets get 3 points so grimps can get a decent nights sleep and replenish that brain cell that seems to be slowly disintegrating lol.

ACCY TILL I DIE.:hidewall::stupid::bingobang:signbeer::drink:: wave8:

Wynonie Harris 27-12-2008 21:15

Would've preferred the match today myself actually for purely selfish reasons - a quick trip up on the X41 would've suited me. Now, thanks to the vagaries of Sunday services, I'll be travelling home on British Rail via Hebden Bridge. Grimps is right about back-to-back games, though. A last-gasp draw at Droylsden and then a win at Whitby the day after...took us to within spitting distance of promotion. Let's hope for a three-pointer tomorrow! :cool:

shakermaker 27-12-2008 21:26

It was bloody cold in Whitby that day. Great game though!

Grimps 27-12-2008 21:52

lets just win the game and 3 ponits but if we dont its not bad becouse we are stanley unitll we die

WOLVERHAMPTON REDS 28-12-2008 14:12

1-0 accrington ...........jamie clarke

WOLVERHAMPTON REDS 28-12-2008 14:16

Accy 1
Grimsby 1...........****

Doug 28-12-2008 14:19

s***e...........

Come on Stanley, On Stanley On.

cashman 28-12-2008 15:58

great result, will have to tip em to lose again.:D 3-1

Redraine 28-12-2008 16:24

I will enjoy my big plate of humble pie tonight.
But we all knew he could do it if he can be arsed - well Coley had him well and truly arsed today.:D

shakermaker 28-12-2008 18:34

oops, wrong thread.

madkev 28-12-2008 18:43

Well done Stanley,had a happy journey home with two subdued town fans.:D