Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Message from Eric (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/message-from-eric-4577.html)

KIPAX 18-06-2004 09:16

Message from Eric

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER ie Me :)

I went to ossy mills today for the shirt launch.. (Pictures will be online in next hr.). I asked Eric about the non showing of the England game on thursday and he said that he was informed by the bar staff that the supporters club (Meeting last monday) had voted/decided against showing the game on Thursday. He says he wasn't pleased at all and couldn't believe they didn't want it on. He said he wants all the England games shown no matter what time and always has.

Eric asked me to post this message..

Ceejache 18-06-2004 09:45

Re: Message from Eric

What a bizarre decision? Why the hell not?

Cammy ASFC 18-06-2004 10:06

What a bloody disgrace that is then...... :mad: :swear8: :hitting8: :bangh8: :angry8: :nono8: :thumbsdow :fire: :evil: :whack:

loweiy 18-06-2004 10:17

are we on for the next game then?

KIPAX 18-06-2004 10:38

Every game...... I ahve no idea what time the club will open Monday... We will want to know the score from the france game..

Yes as far as I know its the sports bar Monday night... BIG BIG screen... Whos up for it?

Cammy ASFC 18-06-2004 10:39

Yes most definatley

simon 18-06-2004 11:16

That seems strange and unfair ?? Perhaps the question should have been asked at the france game :( as the people there would be the likely supporters of the next game :)

Thats history now anyway ;)

See ya monday when we win our group :) :)

KIPAX 18-06-2004 11:38

Like I say.. dont shoot the messenger.. I ahve absoloutly no idea what went on at the supporters club meeting and I would be very suprised if they had a vote and decided not to show it... The message is that this is what Eric was informed by the bar staff..

All seems strange... But roll on Monday :)

Shurm 18-06-2004 20:05

i'll be there, it was bob on last time, nice one Kipax

Smiffy16 18-06-2004 20:06

Yeh nice one I'll be there too........

Hope the club house isn't a jinx for England though.....

baldy 18-06-2004 21:25

eric get the pies in for shurm

hehehe

Shurm 19-06-2004 17:45

yummy yummy ;)

Henry Morton 19-06-2004 18:20

As Secretary of the Supporters' Club I feel obliged to respond to the reports in this thread.

The showing of England's Euro 2004 matches in the clubhouse was neither formally debated nor voted upon at our Meeting last Monday.

During a break in formal business, some Members and the Stewardess had a discussion about how Sunday's arrangements had gone ; the consensus was that it had been a very successful occasion and that credit was due to the organisers. Members were told, however, that nothing definite had been arranged for the following Thursday (one of the organisers, Rob, was away). The Stewardess told Members that she felt Thursday evening in the clubhouse would not be a success and that she thought it unlikely that the bar would open for Thursday's game. Members were disappointed to hear this.

At no time has the Supporters' Club attempted to influence whether England matches would be shown in the clubhouse or not. Quite simply, it is not within our remit.

I am dismayed that anyone should think we would sabotage something so obviously popular with Members and non-Members alike, and I cannot begin to understand how or why we have been so badly misrepresented.

(Don't worry - no messengers need fear for their lives)

Shurm 19-06-2004 18:42

More like she didn't want to work !!!! Me and Loweiy could have ran the bar hehehe Put it this way the Crown was packed out so why wouldn't the clubhouse be !!!!

Who's in charge down there seems like the tails wagging the dog !!!

Smiffy16 19-06-2004 21:49

The club house isnt really needed to open as early as it did last sunday because the France game is on at the same time as the mighty England at 7-45pm..........no early kick off on Monday..............