Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Symes Video (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/symes-video-46306.html)

fc:stanley 20-03-2009 20:59

Symes Video

Found this from someone else but its when Symes scored 2 goals for Bradford back in 2004 :rolleyes: You never know, he could do the business, we all thought Jimmy Ryan wasnt going to be good before he came! Supposdly a Shrews reject.
However here it is:

YouTube - Bradford City 3 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Oct 29 2004

Tin Monkey 20-03-2009 21:03

Re: Symes Video

I don't remember anyone saying Ryan wasn't going to be any good. Maybe it's my memory going, but I seem to remember me saying that a Shrewsbury supporting mate of mine told me that he couldn't believe they'd let him go.

Maybe it's just me. ;)

fc:stanley 20-03-2009 21:05

I remember you saying that Tin Monkey!

Another of him taking a penalty , this was years back though.

YouTube - Shrewsbury v. Chester final minute

Tin Monkey 20-03-2009 21:09

Incidently, I've also been told that recently Symes has been playing centre midfield for Shrewsbury reserves. He's also not really a target man, despite his size and he likes to drop deep and 'create', rather than playing the 'typical striker' role. Symes isn't seen as being a like-for-like replacement for Mullin, as he's a different sort of player.

He's also one of the players expected to be released at the end of the season, so maybe this is an opportunity for him to kickstart his career again?

Haggis316 20-03-2009 21:38

Thanks for reminding me of that nightmare.:eek::eek::eek:

I knew there was a reason why the prospect of facing Michael Symes caused me to a degree of apprehension whenever Sheffield Wednesday played Bradford.:o:o:o

Must have been Paul Sturrock's second league away game in charge soon after Wednesday got a thumping away win at Wrexham in his first match.

They caught one of Wednesday's defenders in possession to win the return game very late on as well.

I remember Paul Sturrock saying "we have a defender who thinks he's a footballer first and a defender second".

fc:stanley 20-03-2009 22:07

Good post Haggis however your d.p makes me sad :(

cashman 20-03-2009 22:31

well seems he can take penalty's, which could be handy.:)

Haggis316 21-03-2009 08:01

If Michael Symes does as well for Stanley as he did for Bradford against Sheffield Wednesday we will do okay.

Thought the other Bradford scorer in the 3-1 win over Wednesday was Schumacker from memory.

Redash 21-03-2009 08:11

Michael or Ralf, (going off, how you described the Wednesday defence)