Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New Striker (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-striker-48369.html)

yerself 17-07-2009 08:23

New Striker

Stanley set for striker debut (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Come on you insiders (or speculators). Who is it?

Outback Ozzy 17-07-2009 08:26

Re: New Striker

Some kid from Stockport County on loan

maccawozzagod 17-07-2009 08:42

Matty McNeil?

I'm still hoping for Lee Hughes!!

and Brett Ormerod!!

AccyMad 17-07-2009 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 729010)
Matty McNeil?

I'm still hoping for Lee Hughes!!

and Brett Ormerod!!

Greedy :D I'd be happy to settle for just Brett.

Reamer 17-07-2009 13:43

Seeing as how everyone's having their two pennerth here.......can we please, please, please have Gornell back! :)

mab 17-07-2009 14:13

:)see players sign up thread:)

Tin Monkey 17-07-2009 14:43

This must be a different player to the one from Leicester, as he doesn't join us until the 1st August and this report says he'll be at Halifax tomorrow. It also says a League 1 striker and Leicester are now in the Championship.

VALAIRIAN 17-07-2009 14:52

Think that this one is Matty McNeil, as Macca has hinted at....

fc:stanley 17-07-2009 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 729085)
Think that this one is Matty McNeil, as Macca has hinted at....

I think it is too valairian! i dislike the bloke for his attitude however he could be a very good signing and a good player for the club. We shall see what happens :):)

fc:stanley 17-07-2009 16:34

Just heard, its Billy Kee on a 6 month loan !! :) I was talking to a foxes fan and they rate him as one of their up and coming youngsters!! Been told hes a stocky lad who likes to get stuck in and wins headers and also can finish very well! Looks a good signing if im being honest!! :)

Found some links about him:

League Football Education (LFE) - Apprentice of the Month - October

Leicester City | News | Latest News | Latest News | Kee Makes It Perfect Ten

fc:stanley 17-07-2009 16:56

Double Post, Please delete.

fc:stanley 17-07-2009 16:59

Kee, who has scored an incredible 44 goals in 42 games for Leicester's successful Academy team over the past two seasons, has rejected the club's offer for professional terms.

Kee, the Northern Ireland under 19 captain, has attracted interest from clubs including Exeter, Wycombe, Bradford, Millwall and Bournemouth after his goalscoring exploits.

Hicks= Kee - they got the names mixed up.

YouTube - Chelsea Youth v Leicester City Youth (H)

Haggis316 17-07-2009 20:27

Looks a great signing. Thanks to Nigel Pearson, Leicester Manager a player I saw many times captaining Sheffield Wednesday.

Sky Sports | Football News | League 1 | Leicester City | Stanley land Foxes starlet

Haggis316 17-07-2009 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 729128)
Kee, who has scored an incredible 44 goals in 42 games for Leicester's successful Academy team over the past two seasons, has rejected the club's offer for professional terms.

Kee, the Northern Ireland under 19 captain, has attracted interest from clubs including Exeter, Wycombe, Bradford, Millwall and Bournemouth after his goalscoring exploits.

Hicks= Kee - they got the names mixed up.

YouTube - Chelsea Youth v Leicester City Youth (H)

Foxes fans after that game

QUOTE (detari74 @ Apr 26 2009, 07:12 PM) http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/st...t_snapback.gif
I was at the game and Chelsea struggled to cope physically. Billy Kee played really well causing the defenders problems and Liam Moore impressed throughout the game. Chelsea included a midfielder that apparently was brought for £1million but he was not that great. The only player that played well for Chelsea was their right midfielder (don't know name ). If Leicester forwards released the ball quicker they would score loads more

Kee seems to have made quite a difference since his return from injury in the second part of the season. It'll be interesting to see how Liam does given that we have an ex-centre-back as manager.

He really is a big, powerful lad and very dominant aerially. We'll just have to see how the rest of his game develops. Who scored for us?
Billy Kee got 2 goals and Elliot Chamberlain scored a screamer. Liam Moore is a centre midfielder so wont play centre back through lack of pace. The new players signed for next year are George Taft (CB) Kevin Knight (LB) Ellis Tebbut (CM) Liam Moore (CM) Shane Bryne (CM) Oliver Norburn (CM) Raj Gill (GK) and Jeffrey Schlupp (CF). They have high hopes for a few but as you can see by positions they will need to be adaptable

A report after Leicester's last Saturday's friendly

An experienced Leicester City side ran out 3-1 winners against local side Loughborough Dynamos.
Young striker Billy Kee stole the show and opened the scoring before winning a penalty that was converted by Paul Dickov.
Loughborough pulled a goal back only for Nicky Adams to complete the win for Nigel Pearson's men.

Haggis316 20-07-2009 19:15

Comment in Leicester Mercury today:

"He is a quality striker and NP should keep him at the club but I think he will take league two by storm."