Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Quality Fans (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/quality-fans-49053.html)

QPR Brad 26-08-2009 08:56

Quality Fans

Just wanted to praise the Stanley lot that travelled down last night. In all my time going to Loftus Road, I don't think I've seen a set of fans that could rival your lots. Stanley only had the lower tier, but never stopped singing and dancing. The closest anyone's come in recent years would be the Blackpool lot; they're always fairly vocal but considering the numbers you had, it was unbeatable! The flags etc worked to great effect. My girlfriend was saying "I wish I was over there with that lot!" Your team outplayed us and for spells of the game, and it was good to see QPR fans cheer the consolation goal and applaud your fans at the end. Good luck for the rest of the season, lads! :D

Outback Ozzy 26-08-2009 09:06

Re: Quality Fans

Thanks very much, we might have small crowds, but the Ultras make up for that in vocal support wherever we play.

maccawozzagod 26-08-2009 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by QPR Brad (Post 739326)
My girlfriend was saying "I wish I was over there with that lot!"

you should have sent her over - we'd have made her welcome ;)

in all seriousness, last night was great and was how football should be. There wasn't a hint of aggression from anybody inside or outside the stadium. Every QPR fan I spoke to around the pubs was pleasant and wished us luck. But what really made the night was the ovation we got as we walked past the Springbok pub - magic.

Thanks to everybody who went for a fantastic night and one that will be talked about for a long time.

fishy site recognition as well!

WOLVERHAMPTON REDS 26-08-2009 12:16

how many accy fans where at the match

cashman 26-08-2009 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 739366)
you should have sent her over - we'd have made her welcome ;)

in all seriousness, last night was great and was how football should be. There wasn't a hint of aggression from anybody inside or outside the stadium. Every QPR fan I spoke to around the pubs was pleasant and wished us luck. But what really made the night was the ovation we got as we walked past the Springbok pub - magic.

Thanks to everybody who went for a fantastic night and one that will be talked about for a long time.

fishy site recognition as well!

well pleased to hear that,was good that all the travelling numpties were at upton park.;)

sparkie 26-08-2009 14:12

on the subject of numpties, we are 1 of just 2 teams that did not incurr any banning orders last season. Have a look at the link it makes quite interesting reading.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/documen...08?view=Binary

Bagpuss 26-08-2009 14:42

Who were the two arrested at away games for alcohol offences?

MikeA 26-08-2009 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 739397)

Is this a new competition? Guess the numpty?

Outback Ozzy 26-08-2009 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 739397)

I think I could hazard a pretty good guess, but no names, no pack drill etc etc.

Back on the original topic, Accrington Stanley FC have been very gracious in applauding the attendees to the QPR match and publishing it on the web site. This is very much a step in the right direction in acknowledgment of the fan base that Stanley has.:D:D

Mr T 26-08-2009 19:29

So, so proud of the Accy fans last night, at half time wanted to come and join them, but couldn't find the exit!!!

When they were leaving the ground, everybody in the "posh bit" went to the windows to watch.

The QPR board have put in a transfer bit to try and liven up the "atmosphere" at Lofus road!!

When we scored, most of the fans that were left did stand to applaud, never ever seen that before!!

The songs were apt and the noise fantastic!!

THANK YOU AND WELL DONE:)

SEE YOU IN THE BARS FOR A BEER or two!!!!:p

sparkie 26-08-2009 19:35

I'm pretty sure I know who the two were!!! But I'm not gonna name names either.

Most important to remember is whilst everyone else in london last night was losing their heads outside (and judging by the damage to the seats inside) Upton Park, both our fans and those of QPR were giving a great demonstration of what it is to be a football fan in 2009 and representing their clubs with humour, dignity and pride. Not the violence thuggery and abuse that is more 1989 than 2009.

rob 26-08-2009 20:15

on a night that will be talked about for all the wrong reasons for days, weeks, months and perhaps years to come, we showed what football was all about.

of course we were all gutted that we didn't get the third round tie away at old trafford that would have solved all our problems, but i have spent all day taking calls and answering emails from new friends of the club, all down to the folk stood behind the goals.

we won a lot of support and respect last night from people that had only heard about us from some milk advert that i am too young to remember (?), we should all be very proud to be stanley today.

rob

lancsdave 26-08-2009 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 739470)
had only heard about us from some milk advert that i am too young to remember (?),
rob

Well done to all concerned, it's even had the effect of making some people so confused they have become deluded :D

Haggis316 26-08-2009 20:47

Quote:

we should all be very proud to be stanley today.

rob

Today and every day but especially today.

maccawozzagod 26-08-2009 20:55

Quote:

but i have spent all day taking calls and answering emails from new friends of the club, all down to the folk stood behind the goals.

well I hope we make some money from that in some sort of sponsorship!

you know em all by name Rob so remember em when your near the bar!!!!!!!