Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   premiership players (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/premiership-players-4911.html)

baldy 12-07-2004 20:51

premiership players

do anyone no who they are

cant wait eh smiffy and fearon

hehehehe

Fearon1 12-07-2004 20:57

Re: premiership players

Make sure you al go to the Rochdale game on wednesday.....
you will be surprised when you see the two players on triall at stanley,

I wonder who they are????????
I cant wait till April next year we will be pressing on for the title... hehehe

baldy 12-07-2004 20:59

yeah i WONDER who these players are

i wont be losing any sleep tonight

Fearon1 12-07-2004 21:06

me neither baldy...

cant wait till WEDNESDAY i will have to SAVE up.

baldy 12-07-2004 21:10

does anyone have anyone in mind

Fearon1 12-07-2004 21:23

We will give them some more clues tommorrow if no one knows who they are...

The press will be around Accrington every day if we sign them.

Davor 12-07-2004 22:26

Fearon, how come you've posted on the Burnley board who one of them is but you won't tell Stanley fans, that's cruel!!

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/lo...mid=2144393860

simon 12-07-2004 22:48

Well if it is him, one thing is for sure, He is EXPERIENCED................ Champions league etc...

Come on Coley :);):)

Fearon1 13-07-2004 07:37

Im not supposed to tell any1 i have been told by someone at the club, so you will have to guess who they are but i still cant tell you.

Wynonie Harris 13-07-2004 07:44

If you're not supposed to tell anyone, why have you posted the name of one of them on a rival club's message board? Or is that a smokescreen to keep other clubs off the trail?

...or are you showing your true colours - claret and blue?

KIPAX 13-07-2004 09:20

Putting Burnley before Accrington.... tsk.

slater_scott 13-07-2004 09:43

That would be a good signing for accy. Didnt do much at man utd, but i believe he was ok for burnley last year.

Fearon1 13-07-2004 12:01

i was told not to tell anybody on this message board, they didnt say i cant on other message boards.
I am a burnley fan but i like stanley as well, i go to every burnley game and i help out at stanley on matchdays. This season when Burnley are away stanley are at home so i can watch both teams.
I play for Burnley under 16's and i live in Accrington and like stanley a lot.

If you dont want me to post on here just say so, but IMO i beleive everyone has a right to post on it especially when i have nothing against Stanley.

Wynonie Harris 13-07-2004 12:36

Surely, they only told you not to post on this messageboard because it didn't even occur to them that you would post on a rival club's messageboard. What's the point in keeping it secret from Stanley's own fans, if fans of other clubs know about it? It's obvious that it would eventually get back to us (as indeed it has).

Having said that, I would much prefer a Burnley fan (or a fan of any other club for that matter) who attends Stanley matches than one who doesn't. There are plenty in Accy who wouldn't even give the time of day to the club. So I hope you keep on coming (and keep on posting).

AccyStanFan 13-07-2004 13:50

the thing i found is its kept secret for a reason and ur undermining the clubs wishes to keep it secret if what youve sed is true.

Whalley Red 13-07-2004 13:54

I wonder what type of wage these ex-premiership players will be wanting. JK was refused an increase in his wages of £100/week, so Eric is hardly likely to break the bank for these players and nor should he.

Fearon1 13-07-2004 14:44

I was posting it on the Burnley message board because people keep wanting to know were the players that have been released are now......

And i didnt tell anyone on this message board, you found out for yourselves by someone else posting it........

Wynonie Harris 13-07-2004 14:59

Do you have to have it spelt out to you? It was supposed to be kept SECRET. Coley didn't want anyone else to know, because he didn't want to alert other clubs to these players. You, and you alone, caused the problem in the first place by posting it on a Burnley messageboard. I'll bet nobody at the club ever tells you anything in confidence again...and who can blame them?

Fearon1 13-07-2004 15:11

Ur rong there mate......
Every club in the country gets a list of all the players that are on a free and how they can contact them... so i think they will be well aware of the players on a free

Wynonie Harris 13-07-2004 15:27

Quote from John Coleman on the offcial site: "To be honest we would prefer to keep it quiet until we have had a chance to speak to the players, otherwise there is always the danger that somebody else will sneak in before you."

Quote from tonight's Telegraph: "The defender and goalkeeper whose identities the Reds boss wants to keep a closely guarded secret for fear of them being coaxed elsewhere..."

Still, if you know better than Coley...

Fearon1 13-07-2004 15:37

I wiss say it again.........

EVERY CLUB IN ENGLAND GETS A LIST OF ALL THE PLAYERS THAT ARE AVAILABLE FOR FREE.... cant beleive you didnt already know that

AccyStanFan 13-07-2004 15:47

maybe but if a division 3 club see that someone like may will go to stanley then they might swoop.....

Owd Bob 13-07-2004 15:52

Premiership goalkeeper with international experience sounds great but rumours seem a bit flowery to me

Wynonie Harris 13-07-2004 15:55

The fact remains that Coley didn't want their identities leaking. That's why you were told in confidence. You betrayed that confidence. How do you plead?

Fearon1 13-07-2004 15:55

If a club wants a player they will approach him... they won't wait to see who else offers first.....

AccyStanFan 13-07-2004 16:00

when rivaldo was on about goin bolton a few premiership clubs showed interest.......they already knew he was on a free but they didnt realise hed go anyone like bolton.......

Fearon1 13-07-2004 16:07

well put it this way.... they are on trial we are not going to sign them before wednesday they are just on a trial, so on wednesday everyone will no about the 2 players and thats before we have signed them...
what they gonna do on wednesday disguise them so Rochdale dont know who they are so they dont offer (even though they are well aware that they are both on a free).

Wynonie Harris 13-07-2004 16:17

OK, mate, fair enough. Coley and the club are wrong. You're right. Happy?

Fearon1 13-07-2004 16:21

very funny.......

and i didnt say they were rong

so are you happy?

Wynonie Harris 13-07-2004 16:25

Well, if you say there's no point keeping it a secret, and they're so keen to keep it under wraps they must be "rong", musn't they?

Happy? I'm ecstatic, mate, looking forward to the best season ever.

Fearon1 13-07-2004 16:27

so am i especially when we win the league with the squad of players we have

Redders04 13-07-2004 16:29

o r u
lol
jiggy lad

Redders04 13-07-2004 16:40

wat u want a big hat? lol only buzin

Fearon1 13-07-2004 20:17

who is this??????

less than 24hours to go before we find out who the players are.......

Perran 13-07-2004 22:51

10 out of 10 for persistence Fearon1 ! Can't help yourself can you? Just gotta keep at it even when we have all got the point!

screech 13-07-2004 23:50

Well apparentley we arent allowed to say who the players are! As far as the goalkeeper goes i think that his initials are K P if that helps anyone! Has played in the premiership but more recently in lower divisions! I hope that hasnt revealed too much information! And hey i may even be wrong!

Footiegirl 14-07-2004 09:39

Heard a rumour that it was Mark Crossley, 35 year old from Barnsley played at middlesborough 2 seasons ago, been at Nottingham Forest for many seasons. But i dont no why he hasnt been offered a new contract wherever he is currently.

Smiffy16 14-07-2004 09:43

I can tell you it is definatley NOT Mark Crossley.....

Fearon1 14-07-2004 09:44

Mark Crossley is currently on trial at a championship club.

Footiegirl 14-07-2004 09:52

Okay, okay!!!!! It was just a rumour

slater_scott 14-07-2004 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearon1
well put it this way.... they are on trial we are not going to sign them before wednesday they are just on a trial, so on wednesday everyone will no about the 2 players and thats before we have signed them...
what they gonna do on wednesday disguise them so Rochdale dont know who they are so they dont offer (even though they are well aware that they are both on a free).

Harry redknapp disgusied a player last year, amdy faye and he even kept him at his house so no other clubs would get him.

Whalley Red 14-07-2004 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by screech
Well apparentley we arent allowed to say who the players are! As far as the goalkeeper goes i think that his initials are K P if that helps anyone! Has played in the premiership but more recently in lower divisions! I hope that hasnt revealed too much information! And hey i may even be wrong!

Kevin Pressman?

Ceejache 14-07-2004 11:02

That's who I was thinking of WR...

These are just rumours so let's just wait and see what happens eh? Remember the stuff about Ginola a couple of seasons ago?

Ceejache 14-07-2004 11:15

Just been on BBC Sport and they have run a story on it - David May and Kevin Pressman. Hardly a secret anymore now! Let's not start thinking anything has been done yet though.

Ceejache 14-07-2004 11:16

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ey/3893089.stm

Peelparker 14-07-2004 11:52

It looks like David May in central defence. He said he was retiring from the game but Coley has changed his mind. He would be an .excellent signing.

Fearon1 14-07-2004 12:09

I wonder where bbc got the story from........

Ceejache 14-07-2004 13:04

Probably from a reliable media source......

Wynonie Harris 14-07-2004 13:22

Looks like they're not coming tonight anyway, according to tonight's Telegraph.

Redskin 14-07-2004 14:36

McEvilly on a mission
NEW Accrington Stanley signing Lee McEvilly is looking forward to turning friends into foes tonight.

The striker will square up to his former team-mates when the Reds entertain Coca-Cola League Two side Rochdale in their second pre-season friendly at the Interlink Express Stadium (kick-off 7.45pm).

And the 22-year-old is looking forward to building on the good start he made against Burnley on Saturday.

"I thought we played well at the weekend, especially in the first half," said McEvilly, who picked up the man of the match award after the game.

"It was nice to get that, but that's not what these games are about. It's about blending with the players and getting match fit."

He added: "I'm looking forward to the game tonight and seeing the lads again. I'm still in touch with Kevin Townson and Gareth Griffiths but it was just time to move on at the end of last season.

"It should be fun. Accrington have played pre-season friendlies with Rochdale before and they are usually good games.

"But at this stage it's not all about winning. It's just important to get used to kicking the ball and things like that.

"We haven't seen much of the balls yet in pre-season training so it's good to get games under our belts."

Meanwhile, Stanley's hopes of taking two former Premiership players on trial this week appear to have been dashed.

Manager John Coleman was aiming to field ex-Blackburn Rovers, Manchester United and Burnley central defender David May in tonight's friendly, as well as former Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Kevin Pressman.

However, Pressman has been signed by Coca Cola League Championship side Leicester City, while May has not been in touch with the club.

"We asked David to come in and do a couple of days training then play tonight, but he hasn't been back to us," Coleman said.

"It was the same situation with Pressman.

"But we've got quite enough players as it is at the moment."

Tin Monkey 14-07-2004 14:38

I still think Stanley need to rethink their Google Page Ranking strategies.

I don't see how all these false starts helps the image of the club. There appear to be too many people with large mouths.

Redskin 14-07-2004 14:40

I hope I'm wrong, but it appears we have "egged" ourselves again!

Ceejache 14-07-2004 16:06

I agree - all this speculation that amounts to sweet f.a. is going to make us look stupid if it carries on much longer.

Outback Ozzy 14-07-2004 17:23

Well according to the BBC sources, Kevin Pressman aint comin' to Stanley tonight or any other night, he@s just signed a one year deal with Leicester City.

simon 14-07-2004 21:57

There is a train of thought that "There is no such thing as bad publicity" ?

Ceejache 15-07-2004 09:04

True, but look at how much publicity Jodie Marsh gets - I don't know about you but I know what I think of celebrity chasing, publicity seeking, thick as f**k little slappers like her.....

simon 15-07-2004 09:28

I agree with you on the fact that some people that don't deserve to work at McDonalds are now highly paid "celebrities"..Hence my point.. But for the mass that hate "jodie marsh" there is an equally large number that love,admire and idolise her :( which would never have been the case without all that Publicity ;)

How many people love Man U from all over the world ?????

How many people hate Man U from all over the world ?????

All a result of publicity...I agree that it is a sad reflection on life but it is a fact...

As stanley get bigger :) :) We will get more fan's and more enemies :(

Publicity is our freind and our enemy.........:) :(

Creweboy 15-07-2004 14:02

who loves, admires and idolises Jodie Marsh...apart from her mother? sorry for straying from the point!!

Tin Monkey 15-07-2004 14:32

I think the point has already been strayed from mate. :biggrin8:

My view is that by constantly misleading the public/fans, then Stanley are in danger of being seen as a club who make a lot of noise, but do very little. It also makes us appear a very amateurish setup, which of course is the image we've tried very hard to get away from.

I believe that 'secret' negotiations should be kept secret and not 'leaked' out to all and sundry. The same goes for announcing signings before they are in the bag.

LongLostSon 15-07-2004 17:33

well said TM - also doesn't do the blood pressure much good when you suspect pies in the sky. Trouble is, we're all thirsty for latest info and perhaps management feel browbeaten into providing snippets.

ossyclogger 15-07-2004 17:42

Who's Jodie Marsh ?

Ceejache 15-07-2004 19:01

That was exactly my point TM...you articulated it somewhat better though! I'd rather us have a good rep than a bad rep....even though either means we have a rep!

Ossyclogger - if you don't know then you aint missing much, but think Jordan...only cheaper...