Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

cashman 20-07-2020 08:16

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242227)
Personally might be wrong can't see the open coppice end being used surely if you have paid for the Clayton end under cover you wouldn't fancy being picked out to stand still for a couple of hours in all weather,s not even Cashy would want that. So therefore I reckon if using 3 sides our limited capacity would be about 950.

true wouldnt want it, but sure as hell would put up with if had too, i was brought up getting soaked on coppice end up peel park.

Exile on Spencer St 20-07-2020 08:22

At least, with no one within 2 metres on the Coppice End, you could always use that high-tech solution to counteract getting soaked in the rain - an umbrella! ;)

andyd 20-07-2020 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242234)
true wouldnt want it, but sure as hell would put up with if had too, i was brought up getting soaked on coppice end up peel park.

Them wer days.

andyd 20-07-2020 12:45

No wonder they won't trail crowds at football Leeds fans "celebrations" lead to police officers being injured one seriously pillocks every one of them that turned up in this current climate why not celebrate at home words fail me.

Exile on Spencer St 20-07-2020 16:47

I was with you all the way, AndyD, until those last three words. After the last four months, I just can’t agree with that bit! ..:rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 20-07-2020 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242234)

Ain't you the proper little martyr, St Cashy of the Coppice! ;) :D

monkey hanger 21-07-2020 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242239)
No wonder they won't trail crowds at football Leeds fans "celebrations" lead to police officers being injured one seriously pillocks every one of them that turned up in this current climate why not celebrate at home words fail me.

could understand celebrations going a bit OTT if they had gained promotion at the end of a game they went too. just cannot see the point of them or liverpool fans coming miles to the ground just to celebrate something without players and management about.

andyd 21-07-2020 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242253)
could understand celebrations going a bit OTT if they had gained promotion at the end of a game they went too. just cannot see the point of them or liverpool fans coming miles to the ground just to celebrate something without players and management about.

Well me and you both possess what is called common sense sadly lacking in great parts of society.

andyd 23-07-2020 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242253)

Well the idiots were out at both Leeds and Liverpool again so called celebrations with drugs, alcohol and abusive behaviour among what some were arrested for, I,d like to believe genuine fans celebrated at home while these idiots use any excuse for anti social behaviour.

andyd 23-07-2020 15:29

China ditches showing Premiership games in its row over Hawaihu second biggest contributer to TV deal could have if not resolved big implications for the English game financially.

Twenty Eight 23-07-2020 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242337)
Well the idiots were out at both Leeds and Liverpool again so called celebrations with drugs, alcohol and abusive behaviour among what some were arrested for, I,d like to believe genuine fans celebrated at home while these idiots use any excuse for anti social behaviour.

Don't just blame the fans sir.
What about the players and staff on the open top bus ?

andyd 23-07-2020 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1242339)
Don't just blame the fans sir.
What about the players and staff on the open top bus ?

Apparently Leeds did that to help disperse the crowd quicker, well heard some good excuse,s in my time!

monkey hanger 24-07-2020 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242343)
Apparently Leeds did that to help disperse the crowd quicker, well heard some good excuse,s in my time!

if you believe that then you will believe all the experts around nowadays. unless leeds have their own open top bus they,d have to hire one from a few local companies who own them. you,d need at least a days notice to hire one.

Exile on Spencer St 24-07-2020 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1242338)
China ditches showing Premiership games in its row over Hawaihu second biggest contributer to TV deal could have if not resolved big implications for the English game financially.

Where did you hear of or read that, AndyD?

andyd 24-07-2020 15:31

Wigan's preferred bidder pulled out at the last minute according to the administrators, moving on to next options.