Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

Twenty Eight 28-10-2020 21:31

Re: Bits & Bobs

He will be bothered. Proud man Coggie and a dream move for him to get back nearer the family being based in Sheffield moving from Bristol to Mansfield.
However stats dont lie.

andyd 29-10-2020 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1246210)
Southend have apparently settled their tax debt & the winding up order has been dismissed

Southend sit bottom of league 2 after drastically reducing their wage bill by getting rid of most big earners settle tax bill and still have a players wage bill of over £2 million twice that is Stanley, ok in normal times fans through the gate are a lot more than Stanley but just shows what spending above your means does chasing promotion and dreams when it goes wrong managers usually get the blame and get sacked, they have managed to wriggle there way through this time wonder if they will learn a lesson.

monkey hanger 29-10-2020 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246216)
So it's all the club's fault is it ?
He had a good cv.
He's failed 4 in 27.
He's sacked.
Reckon that's a lot to do with the individual.
He told them the squad needed a complete change.
They backed him.
Correct decision Mansfield.

in this case you are right. however there are plenty of other managers who have got the boot where there club is in the play off positions but not top of the league. if i was a football manager i,d be off like a shot for a better offer. you do not know whats round the corner at your present club and some club owners get itchy if their team has a poor run of results. football and loyalty are bad bed fellows both sides of the coin.

Twenty Eight 29-10-2020 11:18

If you were a football manager you would know precisely how it pans out.
If you want loyalty (both sides) buy a dog.
Enough managers have also walked away from clubs when doing well.

andyd 29-10-2020 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246236)

Sums up to me the core of most football problems money or lack of it exapparated by the pandemic but the problems of mounting debt through the pursuit of glory were already there and now it's reaching crisis point, end of October and the furlong scheme which a lot of clubs have still been using for a lot of non match day staff or others, plenty of redundancy,s will be imminent, manager,s could become vunerable to other factors than just form.

Twenty Eight 29-10-2020 12:22

Every club needs a Manager Andy.
No way will a club get rid of a Manager for covid reasons.

Look at what we did ......... we're all moaning about lack of funds but didn't stop us constructing a large squad and giving the Gaffer a nice 4 year deal.

cashman 29-10-2020 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246239)

Look at what we did ......... we're all moaning about lack of funds but didn't stop us constructing a large squad and giving the Gaffer a nice 4 year deal.

to me its not about a large squad, more about the cost to run it ?if this one is a deal cheaper whats the problem?

andyd 29-10-2020 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246239)

But we run completely opposite to the majority of clubs within our means and this squad has been assembled at less money apparently than last season have to take thier word on that, just shows what a good management team we have therefore tie them down. My other point clubs don't need manager,s when they have gone bust.

Twenty Eight 29-10-2020 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1246242)
But we run completely opposite to the majority of clubs within our means and this squad has been assembled at less money apparently than last season have to take thier word on that, just shows what a good management team we have therefore tie them down. My other point clubs don't need manager,s when they have gone bust.

I don't believe that to be the case Andy but happy to be proved wrong.

Twenty Eight 29-10-2020 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1246240)
to me its not about a large squad, more about the cost to run it ?if this one is a deal cheaper whats the problem?

Agreed but is it ?

cashman 29-10-2020 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246244)
Agreed but is it ?

I dont honestly know only assuming it is.

VALAIRIAN 29-10-2020 16:52

Good move :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54736847

:) :) :)

cashman 29-10-2020 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1246251)

it is good but its better when you can afford to do that imho.

monkey hanger 30-10-2020 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1246236)

just the same as i imagine all of us have done. walked away from one job for a better financial offer. most of us show some loyalty to a firm whilst you are there but once you are outside the gates for the last time thats it.

andyd 30-10-2020 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1246254)
just the same as i imagine all of us have done. walked away from one job for a better financial offer. most of us show some loyalty to a firm whilst you are there but once you are outside the gates for the last time thats it.

No loyalty were money is concerned apart from yourself and your family if you have one, fans show in the main loyalty to a particular club and look at the way they are treated.