Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   vs Bury (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/vs-bury-51017.html)

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:05

vs Bury

Mornin/.arvo all
TEAM 1. Dean Bouzanis
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif26. Tom Lees
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif12. Phil Edwards
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif5. Darran Kempson
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif15. Dean Winnard
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif17. Sean McConville
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif8. Luke Joyce
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif14. James Ryan
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif6. Andrew Procter
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif19. Michael Symes
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif11. Robert Grant
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gifSUBS 25. Ian Dunbavin (GK)
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif20. Peter Murphy
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif7. John Miles
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif18. John Mullin
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif24. Gary King
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif31. Jonathan Flynn
http://www.sportinglife.com/images/f...yer_divide.gif9. Billy Kee

redsocks 28-12-2009 14:06

Re: vs Bury

Evening KJ hope you had a good Crimbo

MichiganRed 28-12-2009 14:09

Happy Monday, everyone.

Chimer 28-12-2009 14:10

Hi there Stanley International ...

redsocks 28-12-2009 14:12

Good day to you Chimer Michigan Red

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:13

Fantastic thank you REDSOCKS. hope you and all other Stanley lovers did too.

sparkie 28-12-2009 14:13

Well today was officially the first time I could have made the game in weeks due to a sleepy little person, but little person had already had her nap today so thought I'd take her. She however has other plans, and thinks its too cold and she would rather watch a dvd in the warm at home, typical!!!!

On the other hand, when we have made games this season we've lost, so maybe its right to stay at home, for the sake of the team!!! LOL

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:15

Chimer...you're posting this early !!

redsocks 28-12-2009 14:16

Yes great Christmas thanks, boxing day win over morecombe certainly sweetened the deal!

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkie (Post 772802)
Well today was officially the first time I could have made the game in weeks due to a sleepy little person, but little person had already had her nap today so thought I'd take her. She however has other plans, and thinks its too cold and she would rather watch a dvd in the warm at home, typical!!!!

On the other hand, when we have made games this season we've lost, so maybe its right to stay at home, for the sake of the team!!! LOL

You back from Bristol already ??!!:confused:

redsocks 28-12-2009 14:17

1-0 Symes yesss

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:17

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA here we go

redsocks 28-12-2009 14:18

And live table shows us in a play-off spot it doesn't get much sweeter

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:19

Look at this...automatically updated on FOOTBALL365

Rochdale
Bournemouth
Rotherham
Dag & Red
Notts County
Aldershot
Accrington Stanley
Chesterfield
Shrewsbury
Morecambe
Bury
Crewe
Burton Albion
Port Vale
Bradford
Barnet
Macclesfield
Torquay
Northampton
Hereford
Lincoln City
Cheltenham
Grimsby
Darlington

Chimer 28-12-2009 14:20

This is where the nerves cut in properly ..

sparkie 28-12-2009 14:21

Yeah came back yesterday evening to avoid the traffic, good job too coz theres over 3 hrs delay on there today!!! UK also wanted to go to the game, so early drive home!!

And a cracking start for us too.

MichiganRed 28-12-2009 14:22

Keep them coming. 1 - 0 looks good but 3 - 0 or 4 - 0 look much better.

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:27

I see LANCSDAVE has gone to the game..so whats our record like when he attends,anyone know?

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:29

And I'm not happy with your hubby SPARKIE,,, he gave me a good old pasteing in the Fantasy League...

sparkie 28-12-2009 14:33

that'll be first Kiwi, he hasn't looked at his side for weeks!!!

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkie (Post 772824)
that'll be first Kiwi, he hasn't looked at his side for weeks!!!

That REALLy makes me feel better:o

redsocks 28-12-2009 14:42

Burton just equallized against Notts County. If things stayed same we would be 6th place tonight

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:42

Burton have just equalised against Notts which means we move up yet another place to 6th !!

LongLostSon 28-12-2009 14:43

am I correct in thinking Luke Joyce will now miss the cup game ?

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 14:43

Snap

redsocks 28-12-2009 14:45

great minds think alike KJ

nige b 28-12-2009 15:13

2-1 bury can't believe this

MichiganRed 28-12-2009 15:16

That was quick. Come on, boys. Can't let them take the points in our own house.

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 15:16

&*%^^#&$%^&()*__%ye&%(*)()%$%*(&*)

Chimer 28-12-2009 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 772854)
&*%^^#&$%^&()*__%ye&%(*)()%$%*(&*)

Quite ...

LongLostSon 28-12-2009 15:20

what's occuring !? - the world 's just started to crumble. C'mon boys.

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 15:20

Still saying 1-1 on Football365 ???

nige b 28-12-2009 15:28

kj your lad's made it 2-2 come on boys!!!!!!!

LongLostSon 28-12-2009 15:30

Yesss - McConville

MichiganRed 28-12-2009 15:30

Yes! At least one more, please.

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 772862)
kj your lad's made it 2-2 come on boys!!!!!!!

McConville ??

Chimer 28-12-2009 15:32

Saying nowt ..

nige b 28-12-2009 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 772865)
McConville ??

yup but they've scored again 2-3

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 15:36

This is stupid...^&^%$@#%#Bury and my text commentry of 365 is slow as...

Chimer 28-12-2009 15:37

Oh good grief ..

LongLostSon 28-12-2009 15:40

sounds like a cracking derby game - currently chewing toffees like there's no t'morra

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 15:45

C'mon STANLEY

redsocks 28-12-2009 15:47

I take my dogs for a quick once around the woods and all hell breaks loose at the Crown. That'll teach me

nige b 28-12-2009 15:48

crowd 3138

nige b 28-12-2009 15:52

penno to bury 2-4 going to the pub!!!!!!!!!!

LongLostSon 28-12-2009 15:53

oh hollyhocks !

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 15:55

#@$*&()&&&&&&&&p_)*(&%$@#%^&t*(yo(*

bye

MichiganRed 28-12-2009 15:55

Not exactly the way I wanted my Monday morning to go...

Chimer 28-12-2009 15:58

Sounds like a cracking game, if a bit of a reality check. Wondering what the reports from the ground will have to say.

caretaker 28-12-2009 16:20

I thought missed chances in the first half cost us dearly,even though our goal was fortuotous , we were the better side. What happened at half time was Bury came out all guns blazing,our defence looked suspect. Our keeper beaten twice on his near post, I thought we may have salvaged a draw but a strange penalty at the end sealed our fate,they brought a few with them and must have been suited with the final score.

SamF 28-12-2009 16:32

No side that misses the chances we were gifted deserves to win a game but we were the better team. Sodje is dirty cheating scum should have had 3 yellows in the first half alone, along with fouling Symes in the box bearhugging him from a corner. Symes could also have Futcher done for sexual harassment the amount of feeling up he did. Terrible referee, missed a stonewall penalty for us again in the second half and while Kempson's foul was technically a penalty because he did pull the mans shirt if the ref gave that he had to give the 8+ in their area as well !

For what they did for us I don't begrudge the Bury fans the win but their players are nothing but talentless thugs off the ball.

Kiwi John 28-12-2009 16:38

Isn't that similar to what some MORESCUMers were touting on Saturday ? :)

smudgie 28-12-2009 16:41

Well i think a draw would have been a fair result. Tho they came out the traps flying in the 2nd half and deserved their lead.

Thought that Ryan Lowe up front looked a good player, but agreed Sodje should without a doubt should have been sent off.

All in all the back 4 looked knackered, not surprising with the amount of games and considering Bury havent played for ages the result wasnt surprising.

But who knows what could have happened if Grant took that chance in the 1st half.

Roll on Gillingham on saturday. Im assuming Kempson is suspended???

bfc72 28-12-2009 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 772916)
No side that misses the chances we were gifted deserves to win a game but we were the better team. Sodje is dirty cheating scum should have had 3 yellows in the first half alone, along with fouling Symes in the box bearhugging him from a corner. Symes could also have Futcher done for sexual harassment the amount of feeling up he did. Terrible referee, missed a stonewall penalty for us again in the second half and while Kempson's foul was technically a penalty because he did pull the mans shirt if the ref gave that he had to give the 8+ in their area as well !

For what they did for us I don't begrudge the Bury fans the win but their players are nothing but talentless thugs off the ball.

thugs??

come on calm down a bit it does sound like morecambe fans were saying about your team on boxing day.

i bet any of you would want sodje in your team anyway good luck for the rest of the season

Grimps 28-12-2009 16:50

just back from ************* 11 v 11 ok but ****** 14 v 11 **** ......

SamF 28-12-2009 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfc72 (Post 772925)
thugs??

come on calm down a bit it does sound like morecambe fans were saying about your team on boxing day.

i bet any of you would want sodje in your team anyway good luck for the rest of the season

Yes thugs. Wouldn't have him given.

Chimer 28-12-2009 16:50

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 772919)
Isn't that similar to what some MORESCUMers were touting on Saturday ? :)

Go Kiwi ..

bfc72 28-12-2009 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 772927)

give over define thugs please

does sound like sour grapes

smudgie 28-12-2009 16:55

abit over the top SamF that.

Thought it was a good game in general but Sodje should have gone.

cashman 28-12-2009 16:56

i agree wi smudgie a draw woulda been a fair result, think callin em thugs is well OTT, they did get away wi much fouling,jersey pulling etc, but why shouldn't they when the refs in yer backpocket.:mad:

bfc72 28-12-2009 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 772927)

Sam read this then reread yours about us

Morecambe Vs Accrington - The Football Forum - More Than Just A Game

SamF 28-12-2009 17:05

Still stand by it when you're defenders go for the man rather than the ball 75%+ of the time they certainly aint footballers... you can tell that they were all terrified of the ball.

Redraine 28-12-2009 17:15

Bury deserved the win for the way they attacked in the second half. As usual, when teams put us under pressure we can't pass the ball with composure out of defence. A great game of end to end football with our lads looking a little bit tired, unsurprisingly, although they gave it 100%. Anyone else getting worried by Boozer's seeming fallibility on his left side?

carpon 28-12-2009 17:24

As the old adage goes....If you don't take your chances, you're going to get punished. Whatever Knill said to Bury at half time worked wonders for them, they looked a different side after ther break. :(

Yet another totally inept fool who somehow passes for a football league referee in attendance today !!! How he can give a penalty for the foul on the Bury player late on and somehow ignore the incident where Symes was practically flattened beggars belief.:confused:

And as for Sodje....the cheat label he was given by another poster was justified.....Sodje went over like he had just been shot in the second half, obviously trying his best to get our lad booked...... what a surprise ......absolutely nothing wrong with him, then he has the temerity to try and look like he's totally innocent and has been hard done by !!!! I'd give him a good idea where he can stick that bandanna he wears.:rolleyes:

All in all, 4-2 was probably a bit harsh, if somebody who hasn't been at the game looks at that scoreline, it sounds like Stanley were hammered...not so...but for better finishing in the first half it could have been over as a contest at half time !!!:o

Pendle Red 28-12-2009 17:36

A couple of things that are starting to worry me:

Certain players were going down far to easy in and around the box, at times it was like Bambi on Ice today. The problem with that is it creates and I think it may have happened today, when there are genuine appeals thay are often overlooked more through what has perhaps preceded those appeals?

When we come up against physical sides (Bournemouth & Northampton spring to mind) we tend to lose shape and resort to playing the ball in the air bypassing midfield, when we got it down and played our stuff we were a genuine threat and created some good chances.

Other than that was a cracking game real end to end and fair play to Bury they came and set about Stanley in the second half playing some good football which was matched by Stanley but maybe a little fatigue set in towards the end?

If you would have said after five games we would have been in the Top Half come New Year most people would have been chuffed to bits with that, but after seeing what League Two has to offer this year I genuinely believe we should be Top Six.

On Stanley On:)

lancsdave 28-12-2009 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 772958)
Certain players were going down far to easy in and around the box, at times it was like Bambi on Ice today. The problem with that is it creates and I think it may have happened today, when there are genuine appeals thay are often overlooked more through what has perhaps preceded those appeals?

Got to admit that if they want to get as good as Droghba at it they are light years away, more practice needed :rolleyes:

As a neutralish I thought a draw would have been a fair result. stanley should have been 3 or 4 up in the first half. Not sure if the Bury manager gave his team a rocket at half time or actually gave them rocket fuel. The first 20/25 minutes of the second half they stepped up about 4 gears. As the game went on you could tell which team had played 48 hours earlier and which team had some time off.

smudgie 28-12-2009 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 772959)
As the game went on you could tell which team had played 48 hours earlier and which team had some time off.

Which is the main reason for the result IMO.

Roll on Gillingham on saturday

AccyAggro 28-12-2009 18:45

Good game today and good crowd of over 3000. Performance was not bad either i thought just hit by 2 quick goals and i couldnt see of it was a penalty or not, hopefully this defeat will get the players up for the gillingham game, up the reds

maccawozzagod 28-12-2009 19:12

Quote:

No side that misses the chances we were gifted deserves to win a game but we were the better team.

nowt more needs to be said

Tealeaf 28-12-2009 19:23

If you take out the first five minutes of the second half - when our defence decided to go to sleep (probably the mince pies at half time) and then take out the dodgy referee's calls, then by my reckoning we had the game 2-1.

cashman 28-12-2009 19:26

all in all i thought it was the best game of football ive seen this season up the stanley, shame about the result, we did miss some good chances n agree could have been well up after 45 mins, but will stick wi my thoughts a draw would have been a fair result. Bury had a better second half in my view.

Bernard Dawson 28-12-2009 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 772985)
all in all i thought it was the best game of football ive seen this season up the stanley, shame about the result, we did miss some good chances n agree could have been well up after 45 mins, but will stick wi my thoughts a draw would have been a fair result. Bury had a better second half in my view.

I think you're right Csshy, it was a good game. Stanley were the better side in the first half, Bury the better side in the second half.

Stanley have got 33 points going into the New Year, we would have all settled for that at the start of the season, and of course still in the cup.

There's still a lot to play for this season.

Wynonie Harris 28-12-2009 20:40

Disappointed, but not unduly worried. The officials were appalling (especially the liner on the cowshed side who Cashy christened "Mr Bean" :D ). The Bury fans walking down to the station with me agreed that we deserved a penalty and that theirs was no such thing.

Yes, it should've been a draw, but, Stanley, it's all about FINSHING FINISHING FINISHING! :mad:

Milesy 28-12-2009 21:04

Hi guys, Bury fan here in peace.

Part of me wasn't looking forward to going today, been to your place 3 times this season (v Darlo, v Crewe and v Us in JPT), and I'm an admirer of the way you attack and take the game to teams.

At half time i thought we were very fortunate to only be 1-0 down, you closed us down really well and we struggled to string 2 passes together.

As some people have said, we came out of the traps in the second half and looked like we wanted it.

being honest I don't understand all the comments about Sodje. He's an old fashioned centre back which maybe some people aren't used to these days? I can't comment on any penalty claims you claim against him as i'm sure you were a lot closer than I was, but it did seem to me that once you went behind you'd drop to the floor when challenged anywhere in and around the area. There was also one incident where some clearly dived (over towards the main stand area in the corner), and the ref quite rightly booked the player concerned.

The ref was poor - but although he gave us a lot of the decisions in the 2nd half, he gave you a lot of the decisions in the first half. Again, it was a fair distance away but the keeper seemed to be lucky on a couple of occasions when racing off his line - in the second half our winger tried to flick the ball over your last defender who blocked it with his hand and the ref gave nothing. Being honest it's probably a case of both sets of fans being biased and seeing it their way!

Ours was a clear cut penalty at the end though - Kempson had tugged at Lowie's shirt a couple of times already before the ref finally gave it for the third tug!

Overall I think we were lucky to win - but only because by rights you should have had it sewn up by half time. I agree with other comments on here that the added break we'd had over your guys definitely helped us, but Colemans comments about us wanting it to be off are way off the mark! There's an image on our Message Board showing a ruler in the pitch - the snow comes up to past the 9" mark!

A Boxing Day clash with Bradford is financially very lucrative for us, if the game could have been on, it would have been! The areas around the Crown today were very treacherous - that was after a thaw, imagine our place before the thaw whilst it was still snowing!

I'd also like to thank all Accy fans who helped get this game on over the last couple of days.

Anyhow, good luck for the remainder of the season, the way you play means you should be in or around the play offs and your support is marvellous!

We also received the flag you donated to us today, so thanks for that!

Outback Ozzy 28-12-2009 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 773003)
Disappointed, but not unduly worried. The officials were appalling (especially the liner on the cowshed side who Cashy christened "Mr Bean" :D ). The Bury fans walking down to the station with me agreed that we deserved a penalty and that theirs was no such thing.

Yes, it should've been a draw, but, Stanley, it's all about FINSHING FINISHING FINISHING! :mad:

At least some Bury fans called it right, you could see from the Coppice end that we should have had a penalty and the decision for their penalty was a 50/50 chance, both players were pulling shirts, so how the ref could decide on the Stanley player was at fault, goodness only knows. As for the assistants, the less said the better. The one on the main stand side should have flagged for offside prior to the 3rd Bury goal, the player was a good 5 yards off, but the assistant who had ate all the pies could not keep up with play. One other thing, how come Kee got booked for simulation (diving) when Bury players got away with it all game, hell Kee wasn't even in the box looking for a penalty, but Sodje (who else) gave him a hearty shove in the back!!. As others have said 14-11 aint fair. No wonder Coley was apoplectic with the lot of them at full time, they certainly got the protection from the stewards that they did not deserve.

VALAIRIAN 28-12-2009 21:32

Should have had it won in the first half an hour!!! But as said earlier, we missed 3 or 4 good chances.. Second half Bury were on fire for the first 15 mins and that was enough. That said we still had enough chances after McConville scored.

We had played 2 days earlier, so why not use some of our squad - Billy Kee to name but one???

Anyway the 4th round beckons after we beat Gillingham, if they manage to get back from Exeter!!!

Highlight of the day for me was the Shef. Wed. Fans in The Clayton End - awesome (especially the big lad with his top off!) :) :)

EekyShaker 28-12-2009 21:44

Hi all, good game today.

I thought you guys totally outplayed us in the first half, we had a couple of chances.. but your defense totally bullied our attacking players.. Your number 5 won everything.. and our defense were HORRIBLE..

We sort of came out in the second half and played at 100mph for ten minutes and got the goals.. obviously.. but I thought the actual difference in the second half when the game settled.. was that our strikers actually started winning and holding the ball.. Morrell in particular had a fantastic second half and seemed to start winning everything.. Our defense was still just as terrible, we just managed to hold the ball up, further up the park.

Not sure about your penalty shout, I'm not actually sure which incident you fellas are referring to.. We had two pen shouts during the game.. And I have to say the first one.. down at your end in the first half.. was a total dive.. But the one at the end was a pen..

I'm not too sure why you lot seem to have a problem with sodje.. You should be questioning some of your own lads today..

How many of you saw when the ref was talking to our keeper and one of your lads down at your end.. and your lad grabbed his head like he'd been hit all of a sudden, when brown hadn't gone anywhere near him.. What was that all about????? The fool should have got sent of right there and then or atleast booked, that rubbish is worse than diving..

Anyway, all the best.

cashman 28-12-2009 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 773015)

Highlight of the day for me was the Shef. Wed. Fans in The Clayton End - awesome (especially the big lad with his top off!) :) :)

He by popular concensus was "Tango Man":D recognised from ewood n such places.:)

Willie Miller 28-12-2009 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milesy (Post 773005)
Hi guys, Bury fan here in peace.

Part of me wasn't looking forward to going today, been to your place 3 times this season (v Darlo, v Crewe and v Us in JPT), and I'm an admirer of the way you attack and take the game to teams.

At half time i thought we were very fortunate to only be 1-0 down, you closed us down really well and we struggled to string 2 passes together.

As some people have said, we came out of the traps in the second half and looked like we wanted it.

being honest I don't understand all the comments about Sodje. He's an old fashioned centre back which maybe some people aren't used to these days? I can't comment on any penalty claims you claim against him as i'm sure you were a lot closer than I was, but it did seem to me that once you went behind you'd drop to the floor when challenged anywhere in and around the area. There was also one incident where some clearly dived (over towards the main stand area in the corner), and the ref quite rightly booked the player concerned.

The ref was poor - but although he gave us a lot of the decisions in the 2nd half, he gave you a lot of the decisions in the first half. Again, it was a fair distance away but the keeper seemed to be lucky on a couple of occasions when racing off his line - in the second half our winger tried to flick the ball over your last defender who blocked it with his hand and the ref gave nothing. Being honest it's probably a case of both sets of fans being biased and seeing it their way!

Ours was a clear cut penalty at the end though - Kempson had tugged at Lowie's shirt a couple of times already before the ref finally gave it for the third tug!

Overall I think we were lucky to win - but only because by rights you should have had it sewn up by half time. I agree with other comments on here that the added break we'd had over your guys definitely helped us, but Colemans comments about us wanting it to be off are way off the mark! There's an image on our Message Board showing a ruler in the pitch - the snow comes up to past the 9" mark!

A Boxing Day clash with Bradford is financially very lucrative for us, if the game could have been on, it would have been! The areas around the Crown today were very treacherous - that was after a thaw, imagine our place before the thaw whilst it was still snowing!

I'd also like to thank all Accy fans who helped get this game on over the last couple of days.

Anyhow, good luck for the remainder of the season, the way you play means you should be in or around the play offs and your support is marvellous!

We also received the flag you donated to us today, so thanks for that!

Pipe down Ben

(You only supposed to come on here & thank us for the best atmosphere in League 2...... :) )

carlmason 28-12-2009 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 772955)
As the old adage goes....If you don't take your chances, you're going to get punished. Whatever Knill said to Bury at half time worked wonders for them, :o

Strange thing is at half time Knill and Brassy went in with the team and then came out and stood outside the dressing rooms for about 10 minutes drinking brews.:) The Bury fans couldnt understand what they were doing but it obviously worked.

The game itself was typical of us. 1st half pants second half well up for it. Im not sure if we deserved a 4 2 win but I think being honest we just edged it with that second half performance.

Good turnout by our fans to with 1700 there and a few in the seats who thankfully behaved themselves.

carlmason 28-12-2009 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 773015)

How fat was that guy?? I could make him out well from the other end of the pitch? LOL!

Milesy 28-12-2009 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Miller (Post 773025)
Pipe down Ben

(You only supposed to come on here & thank us for the best atmosphere in League 2...... :) )

Touche ;)

AccyMad 29-12-2009 09:03

Very disappointed with the result yesterday, I agree with Cashy a draw would have been fair, yes our lads did switch off at the start of the 2nd half and Bury came out as others have said with all guns blazing but we really should have had it in the bag in the first half.
I know it sounds like sour grapes to moan about the ref but he really was a disgrace - don't think he was biased - just bloody awful at his job.
And I'm sorry Bury fans, don't begrudge you the win (well not much :) ) but whoever said that we'd want Sodje in our team - no way no how, he is & always has been a disgrace to whichever team he's played for and if we ever signed him I'd be off watching Clitheroe!
Rant over - roll on Saturday and our ticket to the next round of the FA cup :)

Redraine 29-12-2009 09:32

"How many of you saw when the ref was talking to our keeper and one of your lads down at your end.. and your lad grabbed his head like he'd been hit all of a sudden, when brown hadn't gone anywhere near him.. What was that all about????? The fool should have got sent of right there and then or atleast booked, that rubbish is worse than diving.."

Totally agree. I never thought I would see one of Coley's players acting like a theatrical continental. Needs a good talking to.

AccyMad 29-12-2009 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 773127)
And if you could read properly, you might have worked out that Kiwi was actually complaining about the bleating and pointing out that it looked exactly like the sour grapes Morecambe came up with two days earlier ....

and I was agreeing with him.

I wouldn't rise to the bait Chimer - he/she obviously wasn't at Christie Park on Saturday or he wouldn't have had the need to use the word 'apparently' in conjunction with the alledged dirty tactics of our lads :rolleyes:.

Willie Miller 29-12-2009 10:41

Yeah listen to Diane, there are a few "new" Morecambe who sing we hate stanley & the old skool at MFC cringe....

Spent many a half hour in Hilton Park services with true Morecambe fans, many an hour with their fans team having a laugh....

True Morecambe love the rivalry but their is none of this hatred potrayed and I wish some of the true Morecambe would nip it in the bud like we do

Chimer 29-12-2009 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 773129)
I wouldn't rise to the bait Chimer - he/she obviously wasn't at Christie Park on Saturday or he wouldn't have had the need to use the word 'apparently' in conjunction with the alledged dirty tactics of our lads :rolleyes:.

You're absolutely right ...

I must not respond to the troll

VALAIRIAN 29-12-2009 11:23

Just been reading Johnk post about "That bloody song!" And got to thinking about those Wednesday fans - "If you don't f****** bounce, if you don't *****bounce then your a Blade" Talk about songs stuck in your head, I woke up at 2 this morning with that going round in my head!!! :eek: :eek: :)

smudgie 29-12-2009 12:14

Simply Brilliant, The Wonderful Michael Symes, is CONSTANTLY going round my head!!!

SWFC261279 29-12-2009 14:23

Thanks for fantastic day out lads

YouTube - Accrington Stanley v Bury 28/12/09

Grimps 29-12-2009 14:35

come again

VALAIRIAN 29-12-2009 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWFC261279 (Post 773184)
Thanks for fantastic day out lads

YouTube - Accrington Stanley v Bury 28/12/09

That bloody song again!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Willie Miller 29-12-2009 14:42

Nice Video lads, see you again hopefully.....

We'll try get an away game for Wednesday if we can repay the favour

On Stanley On!

fc:stanley 29-12-2009 14:53

Heyyyyy Hooooooooooooooooo!

smudgie 29-12-2009 17:37

Superb video!!!

VALAIRIAN 29-12-2009 17:46

Owl fans at Accy Stanley. - Sheffield Wednesday FC forum from footymad.net

:)

Pendle Red 29-12-2009 18:44

The Speaker in the middle of the Clayton End also seems to have developed flatulent tendancies:eek:

Maybe too many sprouts over Christmas:D

Please somebody fix it as it is blooming annoying:)

choirboy 29-12-2009 19:19

:)Went to Morecambe and Bury match. We played well at times in both games. Morecambe though were no where near as committed as Bury were. I agree that had we taken just one or two of the chances in the first half then I tkink we would have held out better in the second half.:confused:
Three comments;
1) Forwards should stop diving, attempt to keep on their feet, go honestly on to try to chase the ball, then referees may be more likely to give the free kick or penalty.:p
2) I thought Referee v Bury in first half was soley intent on letting play go on when after a number of incidents he should have pulled play up and warned or booked players.:( Consequentially general play got more and more rough; :eek:arms used, shirt pulling and stupid diving.etc.:eek:
3) Bury keeper Brown was highly unprofessional when ref was talking to Grant after a tumble on the edge of the box, for which some refs would have given a free kick to Stanley. Brown retrieved the ball from several yards away and when he saw ref close to Grant he went and stuck his face twice right into Grant's trying to get a reaction that would have got Grant sent off. No place for that from a fellow professional. Brown should be ashamed.:mad::mad::mad:
Must have been a great match for neutrals to watch.:rolleyes: Morelike an old fashioned 3rd round cup tie really. Great banter with the Wednesday fans calling in and joining the Ultras.