Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   4th RD DRAW (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/4th-rd-draw-51102.html)

cashman 03-01-2010 20:07

Re: 4th RD DRAW

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 775043)
Fulham only brought 300 fans to the Turf so I don't think there will be too many at the Crown, I don't think it will be a full ground.

could be a few reasons fer that, (1) a long way to travel to lose. (2) more likely didn't want to be associated wi dingles.:D

lancsdave 03-01-2010 20:16

Having a quick look on the Fulham boards none of them will be travelling to Accrington, they are more concerned with how many tickets will be allocated at Gillingham :rolleyes:

Mr T 03-01-2010 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 775061)
Having a quick look on the Fulham boards none of them will be travelling to Accrington, they are more concerned with how many tickets will be allocated at Gillingham :rolleyes:

Just looked myself, so funny.

Loyality points!!!!! Get real!!!:)

Some of them even remember travelling to burnley!! If they were disappointed there, wonder what they'll make of the Crown??? (IF we can progress, bl**dy snow!!!:()

maccawozzagod 03-01-2010 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by huncoatred (Post 775032)
A home friendly on 31st October 1955. Stanley won 2-0.Both goals scored by George Stewart.

you ******! have just spent half an hour trawling through the Breedons not realising it was already posted! so just to add to it there were 5,350 people on and it was a monday night. :p

huncoatred 03-01-2010 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 775076)
you ******! have just spent half an hour trawling through the Breedons not realising it was already posted! so just to add to it there were 5,350 people on and it was a monday night. :p

not quick enough.:tongueout

Grimps 03-01-2010 21:30

ive just looked thourgh fulhams board if we lose to gillingham looks like war will start down there ... so we must win to stop war

maccawozzagod 03-01-2010 21:50

i just read the same Grimps - funny how the cup always throws up games like that, and i hope it doesn't mean the omens are already in place.

For those that dont want to trawl through all the pages.

11 years or so ago a Fulham fan was killed (banged his head on the floor after being struck) away at Gillingham. The fight was at the end of the game outside the Gillingham end. Now some of the Fulham fans think that payback is in order because apparently some Gills fans still sing about that game.

Bad news and even more important now that we win!

Maidenhead White 03-01-2010 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 775091)
i just read the same Grimps - funny how the cup always throws up games like that, and i hope it doesn't mean the omens are already in place.

For those that dont want to trawl through all the pages.

11 years or so ago a Fulham fan was killed (banged his head on the floor after being struck) away at Gillingham. The fight was at the end of the game outside the Gillingham end. Now some of the Fulham fans think that payback is in order because apparently some Gills fans still sing about that game.

Bad news and even more important now that we win!

Yup the following season they were singing "Where's your Foxy gone" at us - following the murder of Matthew Fox in the game you mention (officially manslaughter I think in the end) - they are a horrible bunch of scumbags & yes you really have to beat them to avoid another inevitably unpleasant Gillyscum vs Fulham clash.

Grimps 03-01-2010 22:58

maidenhead white . if we are at full team we will beat gill .... and give fulham a good run for your money .... we had a good go at leeds but lost 2-0 .... so lets hope we beat gill

Outback Ozzy 03-01-2010 23:12

I see no reason not to beat Gillingham and I think that Fulham will not like the facilities at the Crown. Fulham fans won't be used to being on open terraces (Aw bless) but I am sure Stanley will give them a game, but to be honest, lets not jump the gun, we are not in round 4 YET!! Lets beat Gillingham next Tuesday night first.

Grimps 03-01-2010 23:18

we are in the 4th round draw accrington or gillingham v fulham lol

cashman 03-01-2010 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 775076)

me dad n i were 2 of them macca, but can't really remember it.

Maidenhead White 03-01-2010 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 775117)
I see no reason not to beat Gillingham and I think that Fulham will not like the facilities at the Crown. Fulham fans won't be used to being on open terraces (Aw bless) but I am sure Stanley will give them a game, but to be honest, lets not jump the gun, we are not in round 4 YET!! Lets beat Gillingham next Tuesday night first.

As a Fulham fan of well over 30 years I'd actually love the chance to stand on open terraces again! One of things I miss the most in the premiership is terracing. Not all Fulham fans are post premiership JCL's you know! :D

VALAIRIAN 04-01-2010 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidenhead White (Post 775122)
As a Fulham fan of well over 30 years I'd actually love the chance to stand on open terraces again! One of things I miss the most in the premiership is terracing. Not all Fulham fans are post premiership JCL's you know! :D

You can always come up for the Gills match, to get yourself in the mood.. Stand with the Stanley fans of course :wave8: :D

lancsdave 04-01-2010 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 775152)
You can always come up for the Gills match, to get yourself in the mood.. Stand with the Stanley fans of course :wave8: :D

They could have a mini-break up here. Stanley on the Tuesday and Blackburn on the Saturday :D