Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Gerrard... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/gerrard-5508.html)

Smiffy16 06-09-2004 15:22

Gerrard...

According to the Stanley website we are going to sign Anthony Gerrard, Steven's cousin, on a months loan....looks promising.....

Bad news is Hacker is out for 6 weeks but Proccy is back in training.....

See here www.accringtonstanley.co.uk

JEFF 06-09-2004 15:35

Re: Gerrard...

At 18 years old he is hardly the experienced centre half that we have needed, and now need more than ever with the injuries that we have. But having said that let's all get behind him and give him a good welcome to Stanley and judge him on performances. Let's hope that there is more to come.

AccyStanFan 06-09-2004 16:31

neither was kempson, id still love to see him bak.

Outback Ozzy 06-09-2004 17:10

As has been said in other threads about J.B. - lets give the lad a chance and hope he comes good.

smudgie 06-09-2004 17:22

if hes as good as his cousin then i think the conference better watch out hehe

Jimbo T Hornblower 06-09-2004 17:40

His CV certainly sounds impressive - fingers crossed eh?

And if Hacker wants me to nip up to Crawley and break some legs - how long will it take him once recovered to get match fit?? :( Pee off Barra and bring back Smithy..

Jimbo T :horn8: blower

Staveros 07-09-2004 13:36

I've never seen him play myself but judging by reports i've had from friends who watch everton reserves youre gonna be in for a treat!!

Chester Guy 07-09-2004 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staveros
I've never seen him play myself but judging by reports i've had from friends who watch everton reserves youre gonna be in for a treat!!

Unfortunately the premiership reserve games are very different from the first team league games at this level. They just seem to be able to do what they want in those games. Young Steve Vaughan Junior (yes the chairman’s son, who recently signed for us) has proved that, as he seems to have no incentive to tackle anyone, which when your a right back is a problem, because, obviously in the reserve games he used to play for Liverpool there was no need to do much tackling... so he just backs off and backs off until someone else runs in to tackle them. Thankfully he didn’t play on Saturday... Best thing that can happen with him is that he's sent off to Vauxhall motors or somewhere on loan to mature, like happened to Danny Collins, who is now a defensive rock as a result of it.

Hopefully though, this Gerrard will do the trick for you and play well, but just don’t expect him to be fully matured to the physical side of the game straight away. though I really do hope he does play well for you

:thumbsup:

smudgie 08-09-2004 09:51

yeh i agree with chester guy, reserve football and first team are totally different, thats y i say get smithy back from barrow!!!

JEFF 08-09-2004 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie
yeh i agree with chester guy, reserve football and first team are totally different, thats y i say get smithy back from barrow!!!

Conference North football and Conference football are totally different, that why I say leave Smithy at Barrow

Whalley Red 08-09-2004 10:16

It took Kempson a few games to adjust to Conference football from Preston youth/reserve games, but he did so and he would be a popular player to get back on loan.

Unlike Jody Banim, Gerrard looks sure to start in the next few games. Let's hope he's a quick learner!

Willie Miller 08-09-2004 12:02

He's gotta be nicknamed "Stevie"...........................

KIPAX 09-09-2004 21:32

Gerrard now added to profiles on official site

LongLostSon 11-09-2004 22:56

Big, strong and a football brain - wouldn't be suprised if he were to make it big-time in a few years. Reckon Coley's dun great to borrow this talent for a few weeks.

Chester Guy 12-09-2004 13:08

So he was good then?