Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   A Fresh Start? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/a-fresh-start-56806.html)

shakermaker 12-02-2011 19:43

A Fresh Start?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Miller (Post 882865)
Its one thing after another.... Player registration fiascos, club mascot fiascos, tax bill fiascos, ground grading fiascos, ownership fiascos, more player registration fiascos, players not being paid, managers not being paid, small companies not being paid......

There is nothing to feel proud of about being Stanley, bar Coley & Bell

I find the last sentence of this post haunting, mainly for the brutal truth that resonates so loudly from it. After taking a step back from the immediate defence of our club when we were presented with the hateful post from the Stevenage lot, I found myself in total (albeit begrudging) agreement with the majority of their (obviously not well put) points.

We are an embarrassment. Whereas before we could laugh off such accusations and ridicule the jealousy of established clubs, now we can only nod our heads in shameful agreement.

More and more I feel like our rise to the Football League was a swindle; our story of the phoenix forever tainted. It is simplistic but not unfair of other clubs to state that we only got to the Football League (and stayed in it) by not paying our tax or other creditors; that we were effectively bankrolled by money that did not belong to us.

This ownership saga that has gripped our club for almost two years has seen brothers and sisters shy away from the Stanley family. We have a person who was once worshipped as the saviour of our football club seemingly trying to kill it. We have people who have given their all for the club in their own respective ways either pushed to the fringes or totally banished. We find ourselves on a never-ending trail of lies and disappointment. The two gallant knights who we thought could save us all in one-fell-swoop are faced with a deep and dark forest of thorns (also known as Accrington Stanley's past accounts). The fans' organisation, though well meaning, seem powerless, even with a seat on the board.

Is it time to bite the bullet and start over?

I'm talking about the club folding and starting anew; a brand new company started with what is left of the pure soul of Accrington Stanley, probably applying for membership of North West Counties.

Obviously, this would mean incredible sacrifice. It would mean losing our God-given management duo. It would mean losing the best players to ever take the field in the name of our club. It would mean undoing the hard work of all those who fought from 1968 to 2006 to get us 'back where we belong'. It would proabably mean losing some 'fans' who don't see a non-league team as worthy of legitimate support.

However, the gains to me at this moment in time seem immeasurable. We'd drive out the rats that bring such a plague to our club, we could regain the pride of the town, the respect of local businesses, we could be a real community club... But above all, we could regain the love and pride for our club. No longer would we be ashamed.

Please know that I am a Stanley fan through-and-through and would not suggest such dramatic action flippantly. The Football League is indeed the holy land, but some things are more important; pride, honour and truth. These feelings have been building up for a long time and perhaps today's events of the Southend faithful being allowed to travel all that way without warning has been the proverbial 'straw'.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

:hidewall:

lancsdave 12-02-2011 19:53

Re: A Fresh Start?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 882945)
Please know that I am a Stanley fan through-and-through and would not suggest such dramatic action flippantly.
:hidewall:

As most know I'm not a Stanley fan through and through, BUT they are very much my second team, enough I think to butt in :o

I really don't think you need to go all the way of starting again. I'm no financial genius but I reckon if the clubs biggest creditor called in his loans and then negotiated with the administrators for re-purchase it will be good enough not to lose football league status and get rid of the clubs 2 biggest problems. Yes it may mean a 10 point deduction this season or starting with a 10 point deduction next season but I think thats a small price to pay to go forward. Not sure how much of what I said is feasible or even legal but something has to be done, the problems aren't going to budge.:mad:

maccawozzagod 12-02-2011 20:02

Shakey, that is the worst post I have ever read on this forum.

However, that is not to say that is poorly written, or unsubstantiated crap. It is the worst post I have ever read simply because there is nagging feeling that you might not be too far off the mark with it.

and with the biggest but I can muster I'd like to add that taking such a grave and terminal step absolutely must be the final step that it is possible to take.

On the back of this revelation from a dyed in the wool Red fan I would urge every single one of you that has been sickened to the core by the ongoings at our club to join in with a march of protest from Accrington town centre on the saturday of the Torquay game (details to follow)

This has to come to an end this season. Bolloxks to the Back the Boys campaign - we aren't going up and we aren't going down (unless we get thrown out). It's now time for the Jog On Do'n campaign. If we allow this farce to continue past this summer then I fear that even if Ilyas was able to gain control of the club that too much damage will have been done and that even his millions and vision will not be able to rescue the sinking ship.

For all that care, for all that used to care, for all the blood, sweat and tears that have passed before, for Freeman Jack Barrett, for Jimmy Hinksman and the class of '70, for Coley and Bell - we stop them here.

Rob Heys has started the ball rolling, intentionally or otherwise, and now is the time for the OSC, ASSF, SU and every other man, woman and child borne of the Stanley spirit to step up to the mark and help rid our beloved club of the blight of Messrs Whalley and O'Neil.

lancsdave 12-02-2011 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 882955)
On the back of this revelation from a dyed in the wool Red fan I would urge every single one of you that has been sickened to the core by the ongoings at our club to join in with a march of protest from Accrington town centre on the saturday of the Torquay game (details to follow)

No offence to any of you, but a Stanley fan has actually grown some :)

huncoatred 12-02-2011 20:13

So far 3 excellent posts. All different solutions but all united in the same goal.

shakermaker 12-02-2011 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 882956)
No offence to any of you, but a Stanley fan has actually grown some

Seconded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod

This has to come to an end this season. Bolloxks to the Back the Boys campaign - we aren't going up and we aren't going down (unless we get thrown out). It's now time for the Jog On Do'n campaign.

Let's do it. :)

LongLostSon 12-02-2011 20:20

good post Shaker - from a distance, am I right in supposing that the local media feel unable to run a campaign requiring Messrs Whalley & O'Neil to spotlight just what makes them incapable of resolving the ownership transaction ? They seem to regard themselves as unaccountable (if you excuse the pun ) and avoid exposing themselves to daylight.

Stanleymad 12-02-2011 20:22

I've been saying it for ages but either was ignored or dismissed so did my own by not attending matches since mid December. Power to the fans is always the way to apply pressure, worked for Liverpool :rolleyes:

maccawozzagod 12-02-2011 20:34

we all pretty much agree that something has to happen and we have done for a long time. The problem with trying to organise something before now was that not enough of the support would have joined in with it. Yes we all agreed that things were not good enough, but not enough people had actually been annoyed or upset by the goings on. Now I think that pretty much every genre of Stanley fan has been suitably upset at the constant ridicule and derision we are subjected to.

I don't mind other clubs hating us because we've mugged them on the pitch, or had some handbags off the pitch etc etc, but when we are Hated because the loons who run the place can't get a game on when its been a bit muggy then its taking the mick.

Orf with their heads

Redraine 12-02-2011 20:37

Not before time, Macca. I mooted the idea on here a long, long time ago but the feeling at the time seemed to be that because Ilyas was urging patience with the new "regime", such actions would not have been helpful. Well time is well and truly up and now we really need the Ultras on board as they surely cannot still have any fond, nostalgic feelings towards the EW era? What really worries me now is the lack of any communication from Ilyas to the fans, as sure as eggs is eggs we are going nowhere without his backing.

Revived Red 12-02-2011 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 882961)
from a distance, am I right in supposing that the local media feel unable to run a campaign requiring Messrs Whalley & O'Neil to spotlight just what makes them incapable of resolving the ownership transaction?

I have commented before that the situation is ideal for a good investigative journalist to delve into the goings-on at ASFC. I can only conclude that there is no such journalist to be found in the area, or that the two charlatans have some kind of weird hold over the media with the latter being capable only of repeating meaningless claptrap from press releases.

lancsdave 12-02-2011 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 882967)
What really worries me now is the lack of any communication from Ilyas to the fans, as sure as eggs is eggs we are going nowhere without his backing.

I just think with the current stalemate, for some reason he can't disclose, his hands are tied. I was speaking to somebody very close to him last week and got the impression his vision is still the same.

Sparkologist 12-02-2011 20:50

A most eloquent & erudite post which echoes my feelings & fears for our town team.

maccawozzagod 12-02-2011 20:51

I've emailed Ilyas to make him aware of what is about to happen and also to request clarification that he is still committed to the cause. Were gonna look very silly if we run O'Neil and Whalley out of town and Ilyas has disappeared :eek:

.... and I don't think you'll need to worry about SU ;)

ukcowboy 12-02-2011 20:54

Thread of the year for me,

Roll on the Torquay game.

Redraine 12-02-2011 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 882972)
I've emailed Ilyas to make him aware of what is about to happen and also to request clarification that he is still committed to the cause. Were gonna look very silly if we run O'Neil and Whalley out of town and Ilyas has disappeared :eek:

.... and I don't think you'll need to worry about SU ;)

Good luck with that. I pm'd him a while ago asking for reassurance, but he didn't reply. I guess Dave's post above explains things. Fingers crossed.

Wynonie Harris 12-02-2011 21:02

Cheered up a bit reading this thread (although still hopping mad!). :enough:

Just name the time and starting place, Rob!

maccawozzagod 12-02-2011 21:03

:)

VALAIRIAN 12-02-2011 21:21

Macca, you are a god!!!

Well said Shaker............

cashman 12-02-2011 21:45

Best thing ive heard since the day was saved in London.:)

lancsdave 12-02-2011 21:49

Lets hope it's not raining :)

Peter Shaw 12-02-2011 22:03

Ilyas has been in the U.S.A. all week and is not expected back before tomorrow evening.

cashman 12-02-2011 22:33

Shakers idea, whilst i understand his point, i cannot agree wi, reason - would be grossly unfair on all the hard work Coley @ Jimmy have put in to achieve the status we have gained.;)

Redraine 12-02-2011 23:25

Shows what we are up against in stirring things up when only about 13 of us can be arsed to voice their feelings.
Any other club's forum would be buzzing if their fans had to endure the continuing shambles that we have to suffer.:(

cashman 12-02-2011 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 882995)
Shows what we are up against in stirring things up when only about 13 of us can be arsed to voice their feelings.
Any other club's forum would be buzzing if their fans had to endure the continuing shambles that we have to suffer.:(

know what yer mean, but thread wasn't posted till 8-43 n it is sat night.:)

carpon 13-02-2011 00:18

Whilst acknowledging the present situation warrants drastic action, sorry, for me at least, the "fresh start" idea is a non starter.:(

40 odd years without a football league team had it's detrimental factors....and I don't see how condemming the town to another potential eternity without a league side would solve anything.:o

The current apathy towards the club from the general public of the town may result in the club lurching towards a repeat of '62, however, to me, the way the general public views the club is a self inflicted wound / ailment.

To cut to the chase, get rid of the cancer that is slowly killing this club and it may have a chance of survival. Sit back idly and let it fester.......then it is doomed.:mad:

Whalley & O'Neill have some sort of vice-like death grip around the clubs throat. Mr Khan (and Mr Marsden ) put the money up to keep the club afloat / solvent when the sticky brown stuff was about to hit the fan. If either Whalley or O'Neill had any decency, they would step aside and let Mr. Khan and the club move forward.:o

Neither Whalley or O'Neill have the financial clout, nor I dare say, In my opinion, the inclination to take the club forward. Yet they both seem hell bent on sticking around, neither wants to lose face, but the bottom line, for me at least, their actions / inactions would probably see the club go tits up again.

But for Mr Khan's and Mr Marsden's generosity, neither Whalley or O'Neill would now have anything to squabble over. If, as it was brokered during the recent media articles, that means all sides sitting around the table and sorting this mess out once and for all, then the club and it's fans may have a glimmer of hope and a future in the football league.

I don't doubt, that without Eric Whalley's intervention, this club would still be languishing in the non-league. I am, like many others, grateful for what he did for A.S.F.C. back in the non league days.

However, I also remember, or did I dream it???, Whalley's statement, that once he got the club back to the league, he would step aside and let somebody better equipped move the club on to the next level. I don't see what either Whalley or O'Neill stand to gain by potentially presiding over the town's football league club going bust for a second time and securing historical infamy.

As the orginal poster said, we as a club have now become a laughing stock. The butt of jokes. Despised by fans of other clubs for the way we have conducted our business for the last few years. And when the buck stops, those are accusations that are laid fair and square at the door of the people who are presently "running" this club.:mad:

To me it's a case of put up or ship out. If either Whalley or O'Neill can't ease the situation, be it either financially, or by their actions and words; then it's time for both of them to clear off and give this club a chance. Step aside and let somebody who already has the backing of the clubs fans, try and take the club forward. I could use stronger words, however the rules of this forum dictate otherwise..

bdc 13-02-2011 00:43

A fresh start is not the answer to the problem, the simple solution is for Ilyas' plan for fans ownership to be put into action. If the share issue can be done then why can't we have it sorted so that we are rid of the ownership issue once and for all. Ilyas is the only man that can take the club in the right direction for the long-term future of the club.

Fans have fought for over 40 years to bring back league football to Accrington so to remove so sharply would be foolish in my eyes and ruin the legacy that JC and JB have created for the club. The thing that really concerns me is the short-term cashflow situation and I can see things getting back to the point where wages and the taxman aren't being paid. It doesn't take a genius to work out that we haven't had any money in for the past 2 months from matches so where has the money come from to pay for the ground improvements and wages for the loan signings? I just hope that Ilyas will break his silence and maybe help to lift the gloom that currently entwines the club and the fans.

Grimps 13-02-2011 00:43

if they turn up on the 26 th ban them from the club kick them all out. i was at stanley friday working on the tin pot bogs to get them running . with sum over pal for free the bogs need pullings down on the away end. its no good at all . i phone one lad up said game would be off on friday nite but he came down from morecombe . north west counties grounds run better than stanley . pm me if you want me to stop helping out

shakermaker 13-02-2011 00:49

Err, yes, carpon, we've all been saying the same thing for almost two years, albeit usually in fewer words ;)
It's been 'time' for Whalley & O'Neill to 'step aside', as you put it, for many a long month.
The sentiments and notions expressed in the opening post are there because there has been no movement; no change. The only way to turf them out, it seems, is to force them out by the major creditor calling in his debts. Whether this means closure or not remains unclear.
So, now we fans are all united, we must act. And we will.

Willie Miller 13-02-2011 01:02

Apathy is worse than anger.... only time will tell if we are wrong but fans must unite.

I/we used to be proud of our club. This is being eaten away by lies & incompetence. We are a professional club in name only.

I was proud of the rise from Unibond to the League, but our legacy since then is nothing short of disgusting

Shurm 13-02-2011 06:05

Seems funny in a way everyones stressing because a game got called off and that's what's triggered a lot of this on here let's be honest. I've felt like that since the Save Our Club fiasco when Oneil and Whalley didn't do anything to help our club and I vowed not to return although Ive come close on occasions.

Problem you have is that they trot out Jimmy and Coley (who have done a brilliant job) and ask you to get behind the team and hide behind them ruining the club. If your going to achieve anything you need someone to stand up and be counted to take over otherwise who is ?

I don't see you have much choice really you either go and support the team through thick and thin or you refuse to go which financially cripples the club and would probably lead to it's downfall. I'm sorry to say I did the latter but that's just me cutting off my nose as usual.

I wish you all good luck but its their train set as they say and they have shown before they would rather it went bust than hand it over. They don't deserve the support of the excellent people on here or in Accrington who spend their hard earned money to watch the club and see it being slowly ruined.

Wynonie Harris 13-02-2011 09:16

Seems to me that this cancelled match may have its bright side if it turns out to be the turning point that galvanises us into action, especially as Macca seems to be having his "Jack Barrett moment"! :)

You may right, Shurm, and nothing will shift this contemptible pair, but we can't just stand by and watch them run our club into the ground. I'm still hopeful that Ilyas has something up his sleeve, but even if the worst happens, we'll at least know that we tried. The important thing now is to make sure as many of the Stanley faithful turn up for the march as possible. I realise that some can't, due to age, infirmity etc, but if we got 500 or more, it would certainly give 'em something to think about.

Also, Shurm, I would urge you and other stayaways to at least turn up for the march. If you don't want to go on the match afterwards, fair enough, but this is your chance to show your feelings!

Shurm 13-02-2011 09:26

If I showed my feelings I wouldn't be let in anyway and more than likely taken away in the back of a van !!!

cashman 13-02-2011 09:27

not just shurm, other members on here, i respect yer viewpoint n choice to stay away, but this March must be a must fer all that are fit n able, like wyn if yehs dont wanna go on after fair enough, but the more march the better chance of a result. IMHO. i know of others that dont come on here, shall do me best to speak to em before the Torquay game. "remember Egypt"

Greeny 13-02-2011 09:57

Egypt also had a lot of damage done in the streets etc,OK the demonstrators went back to clean up, but damage we don't want, just a march.with as much media coverage as possible, if this is to work .

While I'm here I am puzzled that IF David O Neil really has paid Eric Whalley so much money, why has David not sued Eric or asked for the money back ? it just dosn't make sense.

lancsdave 13-02-2011 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 883048)
While I'm here I am puzzled that IF David O Neil really has paid Eric Whalley so much money, why has David not sued Eric or asked for the money back ? it just dosn't make sense.

Probably becuase it was 'some sort of arrangement' and not one that would stand up in court

cashman 13-02-2011 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 883048)
Egypt also had a lot of damage done in the streets etc,OK the demonstrators went back to clean up, but damage we don't want, just a march.with as much media coverage as possible, if this is to work .

really greeny i was referring to the principle of the action not wrecking the town.:rolleyes:

Greeny 13-02-2011 11:41

I know that Cashy but it dosn't have to be a "marcher" to start anything , by standers are often the root and retaliation follows .Only needs a snide remark from someone .

cashman 13-02-2011 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 883074)
I know that Cashy but it dosn't have to be a "marcher" to start anything , by standers are often the root and retaliation follows .Only needs a snide remark from someone .

that may be the case, but i feel the march is something that must be done, using all publicity that can be procured, as its the only way the ordinary fan can send a message that just may be heard, cos owt else aint done any good.;)

Wynonie Harris 13-02-2011 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 883077)
that may be the case, but i feel the march is something that must be done, using all publicity that can be procured, as its the only way the ordinary fan can send a message that just may be heard, cos owt else aint done any good.;)

Quite right. I'm so riled up, I feel like starting to march now!

Greeny, we promise we won't drop any litter, honest! ;)

katei77 13-02-2011 11:59

i know feelings are running high n rightly so,but we do not want a tin pot march i would suggest that someone(macca maybe?) inform the police etc that this march is planned and that we abide by all the rules,regs health safety advice given.......that way at least the fans do everything by the book unlike the club

Im not be fussy but there will be all ages there from very young to the old we dont need any bad press for not doing it by the book

Pendle Red 13-02-2011 12:14

Some real heartfelt messages on this thread that bring a lump to the throat and are echoed by all fans or who hold ASFC dear to them.

Messages that have been building slowly on other threads for a while, questions that reamain unanswered and just keep choking the Club and fans by remaining unresolved.

I also share BDC's worries that having very little income over the last few months there will be pressing worries on what I can only imagine are already exhausted budgets with little revenue streams at the moment.

Which then it goes back to the catch 22 situation as put by Rob Heys in the Obby on Friday.

To come back to some of the other points a start up again scenario is not really the right path however I understand the feeling.

Taking a ten point hit is not really an option either in my mind as that could end up bringing about the same scenario.

There is only one plausible and true way forward and that is with the backing of Ilyas and the "Community Club" ethos.

I just hope that is still on the table?

Can protests help bring that about or will it hinder it by forcing people to perhaps dig their heels in more?

But as others have commented things like protests do sometimes work, the ones SM mentions at Liverpool were structured, well coordinated and communicated to the media, LFC fans, Police etc. and no doubt help to bring about the changes the happened.

Houses within the streets around Anfield, cars parked up all bore posters of what they were trying to achieve with their protests

Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union a look at their aims shows a lot of mirror images to our own.

Maybe a "68" moment is upon on us again?

I hope beyond all hope that we once again can have a Club that we are all rightfully proud of:)

lancsdave 13-02-2011 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 883088)
Can protests help bring that about or will it hinder it by forcing people to perhaps dig their heels in more?

It could also actually show support to those doing their best to get rid of the rubbish that they might want order a skip quicker ;)

Even the worlds hardest dictators have shifted due to public pressure :)

cashman 13-02-2011 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by katei77 (Post 883086)
i know feelings are running high n rightly so,but we do not want a tin pot march i would suggest that someone(macca maybe?) inform the police etc that this march is planned and that we abide by all the rules,regs health safety advice given.......that way at least the fans do everything by the book unlike the club

Im not be fussy but there will be all ages there from very young to the old we dont need any bad press for not doing it by the book

Spot on must be done in the correct manner, thats a lesson those 2 should have took on board.;)

lancsdave 13-02-2011 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by katei77 (Post 883086)
i would suggest that someone(macca maybe?) inform the police etc that this march is planned .

Probably end up starting on the Crown car park then ;)

Doug 13-02-2011 12:49

I'm not against a march; I think a properly organised event could do a lot for the future of the club and bring wider publicity of the situation; that said few outside the Stanley fold will be interested and there is all to often a negative element that will seek to disrupt such positive moves.

Organisation is the key and if it means delaying matters you should. This could be an arm for good if you can get the numbers marching and the people of the town on side. I've seem a post on Face book and a few posts on here; just an handful of people. Maybe a better option is to plan, organise and communicate with everyone possible and have a major controlled event with the blessing of the Police and the Council.

You could gain larger numbers; plus the non aligned towns folk walking in support; you could have more banners and flags available; you could have the support of local Brass, Pipe or Drum Bands walking in support; bring more people out to watch, TV and a sympathetic local press giving good positive headlines that could bring wider press attention.

Added benefit may include a larger gate on the day. What about after the March; why not demonstrate peacefully inside the ground, use T Shirts to get the message across without compromising the team; give thunderous support to the lads on the pitch and then turn your backs on the Directors Box at half time everyone displaying the message very clearly to the root cause that its time to go.

Don't boycott the Game, don't seek confrontation or permit agitation. Carry the people and the town's authorities with us and this can have a power of its own.

I think Stewards would be a good idea on the day and clearing up our own mess on the way.

katei77 13-02-2011 12:55

1 Attachment(s)
My daughter carried a banner on the walk to Rochdale i never thought it would be needed again after Ilyas stepped in i better dust it off for her

shakermaker 13-02-2011 13:15

It is imperative that this march is not a one-off. If it is it will mean nothing. It needs to be done before every home game until the end of the season. We need to make the press take heed and ask questions.

lancsdave 13-02-2011 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 883102)
It is imperative that this march is not a one-off. If it is it will mean nothing. It needs to be done before every home game until the end of the season. We need to make the press take heed and ask questions.

Why does it have to be a march ? Surely the sooner the pressure is applied the more chance you have of people taking notice. Why not make your feelings known outside the offices before and after the Crewe match, and even half time ?

shakermaker 13-02-2011 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 883103)
Why does it have to be a march ? Surely the sooner the pressure is applied the more chance you have of people taking notice. Why not make your feelings known outside the offices before and after the Crewe match, and even half time ?

Haven't said that it has to be a march at all. In fact, the more varied and frequent the protests, the better. However solidarity must be visible in all demonstrations.

Stanleymad 13-02-2011 13:37

We could do the march as planned and start at next home match outside ground before and after till message gets thro that the Stanley family ain't taking any more crap from the cardboard millionaire and twinny keeping the pressure it's bound to crack the foundations soon.

lancsdave 13-02-2011 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 883104)
Haven't said that it has to be a march at all. In fact, the more varied and frequent the protests, the better. However solidarity must be visible in all demonstrations.

Might be me worded it wrong. What I meant is there is a home match before the Torquay game, weather permitting :).. Never a wrong time for people to voice their and never few in enough in numbers. Believe me I've spent many an hour on Burnshaw Rd voicing mine, it's not all been Wembley ending seasons down our way :D

Pendle Red 13-02-2011 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 883109)
Might be me worded it wrong. What I meant is there is a home match before the Torquay game, weather permitting :).. Never a wrong time for people to voice their and never few in enough in numbers. Believe me I've spent many an hour on Burnshaw Rd voicing mine, it's not all been Wembley ending seasons down our way :D

That when Frankie was in charge?

Liverpool supporters plan Anfield sit-in protest against US owners | Football | guardian.co.uk

lancsdave 13-02-2011 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 883110)

Amongst other things yes :D

fatgaz182 13-02-2011 14:03

Count me in, its a shame that the only way to be heard is to protest on mass but then thats the only way to get a point accross:o

Pendle Red 13-02-2011 15:36

As other posts have voiced once the gas is running on demos it may have to be sustained there will be those who can't join in with a march, there is songs which again will be heard but might not be to everybodies tastes, there are banners.

It has to be something really easy that people can use to signify there discontent

Shoes Off has been done with if you "Love Stanley" by the Ultras and could work with other wording but not everyone will want to take their shoes off.

Maybe a simple and cheap option which most people probably possess already is a...

"Gloves Off" campaign in that people bring a pair of gloves and wave them in the air to signify the Gloves are off and their disapproval of what is going on.

maccawozzagod 13-02-2011 16:02

what would be nice to see would be the Main Stand really applying the pressure. The Clayton End willundoubtedly lead the way with any songs of malcontent but the Main Standers are right on top of the directors and it is they who will make life uncomfortable for O'Neil. Feel free to vent your own spleens off your own back or just join in when the songs arrive.

The hardship I would guess is that any supporters still in agreeance with Whalley or O'Neil are most likely housed in the main stand so you meet with a degree of hostility. However, to see the Main Standers rising as one against the bumbling cretins who are ruining our club will be a joy to behold.

The pressure starts at the next game. The march is an opportunity for all like-mindedness to pull together and display the oneness that was so evident earlier in the season. As sad an occasion as it was Cox's funeral showed that we are a United front and if you kick one of us we'll all limp.
I would detest the march to happen with only around a hundred people - it has to be a good few hundred people, and it has to grow from there. This must be the rolling stone THAT WILL gather moss.

I personally won't advocate a boycott unless I was given assurances by Ilyas that starving the club of its income is a viable weapon, but obviously many are already doing that anyway so it is up to the individual.

Police have been notified.

Ghostbuster 13-02-2011 16:05

With all due respect taking shoes and gloves off will not make the desired impact on these individuals.
The reason the two people came to our club was to feed their ego. They are not fans like us and only care about money and prestige.
To see them swan around the ground on matchdays has made a season-ticket holder like myself question my reasons for going to the match, never mind the walk-on supporters.
We need to find a way which makes these people feel as uncomfortable as possible and turn the focus on them. The excellent on-field management duo will appeal for us to not distract the players but without a serious series of demonstrations there will be no club or players.
We have known this day has been coming for a long time. At most clubs it would have come to a head a long time ago.
Let’s not be naive though, I can see Eric Whalley letting the club fold rather than back down to us. A protest needs put pressure on the men in power.

ukcowboy 13-02-2011 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 883121)
As other posts have voiced once the gas is running on demos it may have to be sustained there will be those who can't join in with a march, there is songs which again will be heard but might not be to everybodies tastes, there are banners.

It has to be something really easy that people can use to signify there discontent

Shoes Off has been done with if you "Love Stanley" by the Ultras and could work with other wording but not everyone will want to take their shoes off.

Maybe a simple and cheap option which most people probably possess already is a...

"Gloves Off" campaign in that people bring a pair of gloves and wave them in the air to signify the Gloves are off and their disapproval of what is going on.

Are you even on the same planet Google Page Ranking?

Good grief man, protest by waving gloves!

Sorry but no!

bdc 13-02-2011 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 883129)

Sorry but no!

Fair enough if you disagree with Google Page Ranking but your comment is hardly being helpful is it? Surely it is better to come up with suggestions even if you don't agree with them rather than slate somebody for trying?

Pendle Red 13-02-2011 16:32

Quote:

Sorry but no!

Alongside other things....

All I am trying to say Pete there is there are varying degrees of age groups at Stanley it needs to be something simple that most people can join in with and feel comfortable with.

Also the more ideas and diversities the more chance of it helping keep the attention of the fans & the media to crank up the heat.

It is only a suggestion

maccawozzagod 13-02-2011 16:44

Google Page Ranking I understand what you're saying and you're right. The Hispanic type regions protest by waving their hankies innit!

Pendle Red 13-02-2011 16:46

Also helped in Egypt with the shoes

lancsdave 13-02-2011 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 883125)
what would be nice to see would be the Main Stand really applying the pressure. The Clayton End willundoubtedly lead the way with any songs of malcontent but the Main Standers are right on top of the directors and it is they who will make life uncomfortable for O'Neil.

Thought he sits in the TV gantry ?

The pressure starts at the next game. The march is an opportunity for all like-mindedness to pull together and display the oneness that was so evident earlier in the season.

Getting a bit confusing now. Is the march the next home game or the Torquay game ?

fc:stanley 13-02-2011 17:01

Quote:

Sorry but no!

Totally Agree! Are we now joining a panto Google Page Ranking?

Il put my simple idea across:

Meet up at the FRONT of the Town Hall (1pm)
Banners, Chants, Scarves, Even Gloves On Show
Walk from the front of the Town Hall up Blackburn Road (past argos) and then turn left to go along Abbey Street
Walk along abbey street and along towards the Whalley Road Lights
Walk up whalley road towards the crown ground
Walk towards the Carpark and carry on the protest and chanting etc in the carpark while the so called chairman arrives.
Once kick off is about to start then if you want to go and watch the boys then go do so ( preferable idea) if not then carry on the protest outside the ground.

Easy but effective idea.

Banners need to be created and us ultras can do so. HOWEVER would be good if some signs on material cardboard, paper or anything to be made by either accyweb users or supporters of stanley for the protest.

I will make some posters to go around town etc , on street lamps etc for the public to view and to also be handed out to passers by, either going through town towards the crown ground or to the people going through the turnstiles at the ground.

Another idea would be , if you go to the game, then after the game to carry on the protest for a little longer outside the offices.

I think one of the main things the protest shouldnt do is to effect the management duo and players.

For people who canne walk through the town etc and protest outside then i would suggest banners , signs etc for inside the ground or even a poster to hold up before the game?

I think we can all work together this week into putting a effective protest ahead!

Regarding the media. I have no contacts in this and im sure other people would be better at promoting it to them!! We need them on our side ! The more its broadcast the more effective the thing will be!
Only one rule. Beer afterwards :)

ukcowboy 13-02-2011 17:01

Neil, I do understand what you mean, my reply, granted rather ambiguously, was meant more tongue in cheek.

In hindsight, perhaps a cheeky smiley was required.

Pendle Red 13-02-2011 17:10

No worries Pete

FC
a couple of pointers

I would imagine you would need permission to put anything on street lamps etc.

you may also need to think what will be allowed in the Ground?

fc:stanley 13-02-2011 17:12

Course you would Google Page Ranking, its just cheeky posters on a street lamp etc. A few days before the protest. If they get taken off then so be it....

Yes, most things wont be allowed in the ground. 99% of the protest is outside of the ground...

The 1% would be some people holding up paper banners etc. Always see them at premiership grounds so i dont see the problem with a big piece of paper saying `DON OUT` on.?

Pendle Red 13-02-2011 17:23

Everything by the book is I would imagine is the way to go as the last thing needed with anything like this is adverse publicity.

lancsdave 13-02-2011 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 883155)
Everything by the book is I would imagine is the way to go as the last thing needed with anything like this is adverse publicity.

I think it's the constant adverse publicity everybody is protesting about :)

lancsdave 13-02-2011 17:29

I reckon a local shop could donate 14 t-shirts with one letter on each t-shirt, DON & WHALLEY OUT for the front of the march, and the same 14 people sat together on the ground :)

cashman 13-02-2011 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster (Post 883127)
Let’s not be naive though, I can see Eric Whalley letting the club fold rather than back down to us. A protest needs put pressure on the men in power.

after 24 hrs thought that is the crux of the problem IMHO. the DoN claims he has paid fer the shares n E.W. has not signed em oer! that being so, then nowt is gonna change until he does, why the DoN has not pursued legal action.......god only knows, as i said before summat stinks here, but should not the main focus be on E.W.? cos as i said nothing can happen whilst he has those shares, unless someone can tell me otherwise?:confused:

Rob249 13-02-2011 18:39

Just a suggestion, if the protest march could muster enough people, maybe if someone got in touch with sky sports and explained the whole saga which is going on at the club, they might consider filming it, and showing a little piece on ss news like they did with liverpool.It would also show to fans of other clubs that we want change, and arent prepared to put up with the same regime any longer, and that we are trying our best to change things for the better.

LongLostSon 13-02-2011 21:16

on the song front - - - don't I recall summat that contains "enough is enough is enough" ?
just an idea.

sparkie 14-02-2011 07:22

YouTube - No more tears (Enough is Enough) - Donna Summer

catchy bit starts at about 1min 33 secs and the lyrics seem to fit reasonably well, with a little tweaking we could have a winner here!!

sparkie 14-02-2011 07:37

YouTube - Moody Blues - Go Now

Or maybe this one, with a little ultras lyrical magic!!!!

maccawozzagod 14-02-2011 21:33

have been in contact with the Police regarding making a start on 'officialising' the march.

There are numerous hurdles but one of them is that we must provide some form of marshalling/stewarding.

Volunteers please.

Stanleymad 14-02-2011 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 883488)
have been in contact with the Police regarding making a start on 'officialising' the march.

There are numerous hurdles but one of them is that we must provide some form of marshalling/stewarding.

Volunteers please.

I can help, can get a vest easy enough lol what is required to keep police side happy? I Won't be in ground tho ?

maccawozzagod 14-02-2011 21:48

stewarding will just be up to the ground - once at the ground the public become the responsibility of the stewards there.

katei77 14-02-2011 21:58

get sum flyers out for the crewe game how many do u really need?

maccawozzagod 14-02-2011 22:26

as many as possible and people to hand them out. You want to organise it?

ukcowboy 14-02-2011 22:30

Macca, happy to help stewarding, however would find it hard to make the full march on foot for obvious reasons!

maccawozzagod 14-02-2011 22:34

well as a footnote (no pun intended) I was gonna add that should anybody wish to join the march but be unable to walk the distance then please join us as the hospital traffic lights. Please let people know as you talk to them but please stress that anybody more able really should join from town to swell the numbers

Owd Bob 15-02-2011 11:55

Just a thought!

I don't think a protest outside the main office would be a good idea, as you are on private land, and will probably get shifted. I am all in favour of peaceful protesting, but make sure of the legal aspect. A protest away from the terraces, but still within the boundries of the club may get difficult - as you would be causing an obstruction.

Sparks may fly, and it could get out of hand!

As I said, just a thought!

Shurm 15-02-2011 12:15

Whilst I agree with the previous post, the sparks may fly bit is a little far fetched I think. Who in their right mind could disagree with what everyone thinks apart from maybe 2 people :D

JEFF 15-02-2011 12:36

As far as I see it, there is only one person causing an obstruction and that is the person who legally owns 51% of the shares. I think that any protests should be directed at him and continued to be directed at him until he steps down and let's Stanley go forward. As long as he has his 51% Stanley will go nowhere exept into non-league. The sooner he goes the better. O'Neill quitting will solve nothing so any protests directed at him will be wasted. The media must be informed in order that all of football will know that this person is not wanted by Stanley supporters and the community of Accrington.

maccawozzagod 15-02-2011 12:44

there may be a stumbling block with regards to the police. i have spoken with Inspector Claire Cooper who informs me that any lawful Protest March, whilst perfectly legal and we are entitled to, needs to have correct marshalling (stewarding) and must be covered by Public Liability Insurance should anybody be injured (for any reason) whilst under such a march. Any organiser (of whom technically anybody who has offered any sort of help, advice or ideas could be judged as one) could be held liable in the event of any injury or mishap.

i'll look into what insurance would cost (unless anybody already knows) but we might have to find an alternative.

Her advice was that a gathering in a place ,private or otherwise, would not need the various legal hurdles jumping, but would then be policed accordingly and only public disorder ramifications would come into play should anything happen.

And yes Jeff is correct, it is Eric that needs to go in order for anything positive to happen, but in my opinion O'Neil surely needs to go as well for he is the owner that hasn't a pot to pish in with regards to covering the bills

cashman 15-02-2011 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 883596)
As far as I see it, there is only one person causing an obstruction and that is the person who legally owns 51% of the shares. I think that any protests should be directed at him and continued to be directed at him until he steps down and let's Stanley go forward. As long as he has his 51% Stanley will go nowhere exept into non-league. The sooner he goes the better. O'Neill quitting will solve nothing so any protests directed at him will be wasted. The media must be informed in order that all of football will know that this person is not wanted by Stanley supporters and the community of Accrington.

Exactly what i said the other day, thats were the main focus should be no question.

Grimps 15-02-2011 15:09

why not sit in the stand 40 90mins all home games sing to him .

Exile on Spencer St 15-02-2011 16:28

Quote:

As far as I see it, there is only one person causing an obstruction ..any protests should be directed at him and continued to be directed at him until he steps down ...As long as he has his 51% Stanley will go nowhere exept into non-league. The sooner he goes the better. O'Neill quitting will solve nothing so any protests directed at him will be wasted. The media must be informed in order that all of football will know that this person is not wanted by Stanley supporters and the community of Accrington.

Bullseye, Jeff.
Don't need an 'insured' march, just make your feelings known before, during, and after the match.

Wynonie Harris 15-02-2011 18:32

Sure, EW needs to go, but that's only one part of the equation. Suppose, he was struck by a sudden bout of reasonableness and signed his shares over to DO'n, what then? As Macca quite rightly points out, DO'n doesn't appear to have the funds to run the club, and, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't want what Ilyas and most of us want - a move to a fans-owned community club and a related move to a new stadium.

It's definitely got to be O'Neill AND Whalley out!

shakermaker 15-02-2011 18:40

I thought that the actions of football fans in a town on a matchday were under the jurisdiction of local police anyway. :confused:
Ho hum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 883721)
Sure, EW needs to go, but that's only one part of the equation. Suppose, he was struck by a sudden bout of reasonableness and signed his shares over to DO'n, what then? As Macca quite rightly points out, DO'n doesn't appear to have the funds to run the club, and, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't want what Ilyas and most of us want - a move to a fans-owned community club and a related move to a new stadium.

It's definitely got to be O'Neill AND Whalley out!

Nail-on-the-head.

smudgie 15-02-2011 18:41

See my signature for the last year !

VALAIRIAN 15-02-2011 19:09

Quote:

Slightly confused at this one???

lancsdave 15-02-2011 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 883721)
DO'n doesn't appear to have the funds to run the club,!

Wehter he has the funds or not he categorically stated at a public meeting he wouldn't put any money in to the club, which in itself is a very strange comment for somebody who at the time had just claimed to buy the club :confused:

cashman 15-02-2011 19:18

Perhaps him n E.W. are blood brothers, nowt would shock me.

ukcowboy 15-02-2011 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 883751)
Wehter he has the funds or not he categorically stated at a public meeting he wouldn't put any money in to the club, which in itself is a very strange comment for somebody who at the time had just claimed to buy the club :confused:

Correct Dave, and so far thats the only TRUTH the man has ever spoken when it comes to Stanley!

I also recall Him saying, at the same meeting, that He wanted us to 'trust him'...............seems He has difficulty understanding exactly what that means lol.

Shurm 15-02-2011 19:59

Like I've said before they both should have disappeared with their heads bowed in shame when neither of them came to the rescue of Stanley at the courts. I got told to my face he had the money and that Rob was remortgaging his house !!! Biggest load of crap I've ever heard I later found out, what these people won't say to keep themselves in charge is unbelievable. The fans are just being strung along for as long as possible, whilst these idiots use Stanley as an ego boost.