Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Footy manager (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/footy-manager-58036.html)

lukeogtfc 27-05-2011 08:00

Footy manager

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but it is to do with Stanley :p

I'm currently off work with a bad ankle so I'm taking the time to play a bit of football manager. I started a season a couple of days ago with Stanley and just missed out on the playoffs because of 1 team, yes you guessed it STEVENAGE :( So I've just started my 2nd season and I've resigned "the back bone" of the team but added a few quality additions and I'm currently unbeaten in the league after 7 games and sitting in 3rd position :p
"We're havin' a party when Stanley go uppp"

Anyone else play FM on here? I'm not a big fan and a bit of a noob at it so I thought I did wel seems though we was tipped for relegation

Kiwi John 27-05-2011 08:04

Re: Footy manager

I play Trophy Manager, thats seriously addictive...

theresonlyoneaccy 27-05-2011 08:31

4-1-4-1 and Stanley went up first. But I arranged too many contracts ahead of League One and couldn't be bothered sorting out this mess...

SamF 27-05-2011 11:02

Not played any of the latest ones but my old trick was go to prem teams and get 3 reserve/youth players on year long loans - don't even offer to pay their wages. Try and get 1 CB, 1 CM and 1 STR this way. You can play up to 5 loan players in a game - so get another 2 loan players on short term loans, again from big clubs. I know on FM09 stanley were linked with Liverpool and so could get a lot of players from there.

Apart from that look for players approaching end of contract that are worth a lot of cash - offer a 10th of the value - you might just get it.

Then go after ex-stanley players who are out of contract (ie Brett Omerod).

Finally after the first season look for the players you had on loan from big clubs who have been released - offer them a contract they are more likely to sign for you if they have played for you before on loan.

lukeogtfc 27-05-2011 12:09

that's what i did and ended up buying 4 of the 5 lads i had on loan :) .. I'm currently in the playoffs but I've just lost my last 2 :(
boooo Lukeo out!

BLACKBURN RAVER 28-05-2011 13:00

i too finished 8th in my 1st season as stanley boss, signed fabien brandy on a free and he banged 29 goals in 37 games.and similar in his 2nd.worth a look at him, his stats are a bit :ooh: but he certainly bangs em in . 2nd season i got loads of free sigings and loans, 2 very good mids from manc utd, james and a.n other (the name evades me) and middleborough have just offered his contract clause (1.2 mill, which i thought no 1 would offer) for him so looks like he's off to better climes unfortunately but the money will be well spent, plus ben mee from city at the back, played 3 central defs, 2 wing backs, 3 central mids and 2 up front, i finished 2nd and obviously got promoted, and was only 2 point off winning the lg, im currently on an 18 game unbeaten run, but my 1st game in lg 1 starts when i next play so here's hoping lol....

BLACKBURN RAVER 28-05-2011 13:25

oh and the best way to improve is to hire coaches with high stats in a specific field, and keep pestering the board for more coaching role positions, it works beleive me

lukeogtfc 29-05-2011 22:38

I don't take the game to serious but i'll look into that hehe, I bought the likes of Anthony Elding but he don't get a regular game even though i'm playing 4-3-3.. Brandy has already been snapped up but i'll try pinch him in January :p I'm currently 3rd i think, 11 points clear of 8th :) Happy days