Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Do you think the height of our players is a major concern? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/do-you-think-the-height-of-our-players-is-a-major-concern-62234.html)

accybeme 27-08-2012 07:50

Do you think the height of our players is a major concern?

I think we have an exciting bunch of lads this season, but I think the lack of height was a big factor in the defeat by Exeter, your thoughts please

cashman 27-08-2012 08:10

Re: Do you think the height of our players is a major concern?

Think a bit more height wouldn't do any harm, But don't think its that big a factor, to me its more how yeh play the ball,to the players yeh got.

Redash 27-08-2012 08:24

There were many factors in our defeat to Exeter, height being only a small one. The problem with having too many tall players is that it's too easy to go route one, which is neither entertaining nor enjoyable. If we had a strong and tall striker we'd be too tempted to lump the ball forward at the first opportunity.
We currently have a decent blend of mainly skilful players who are best playing the football on the ground, with a good passing technique and ability to accept the ball whilst under pressure. This is what the vast majority of the fans want to see, We cannot win every game we play nor would we want to (it'd be boring). The main thing is to win more than we lose, and that is achievable with what we have.

This league seems to be very close, this season, as all the results have proven over the last week, any team in this league, can beat any other team in this league, on any given day.

Outback Ozzy 27-08-2012 09:02

I would have liked to have seen Bohan Dixon thrown on for the last 10 minutes on Saturday. I know we got beat but I enjoyed the game for the attacking style of our play. The team kept trying but were beaten by the better team (oh and a useless referee who was only officiating at his third league match). I don't think we are a small team by any stretch of the imagination and lets face it, if Rommy is to sign for us this week, he isn't a six footer!! The team will have to take it on the chin and start again, starting with a hard match at Cheltenham this weekend coming

andyd 27-08-2012 09:07

None of Exeter,s goals came because of lack of hieght but because they looker a good side very quick to release their front player,s unlike us playing nice passing but too slow on the crucial killer pass in to the box.

smudgie 27-08-2012 09:39

Yet another rubbish post!

Absolute garbage.

Wynonie Harris 27-08-2012 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redash (Post 1010793)
We currently have a decent blend of mainly skilful players who are best playing the football on the ground

Exactly! And that's just what they should be doing!

Revived Red 27-08-2012 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1010788)
I think we have an exciting bunch of lads this season, but I think the lack of height was a big factor in the defeat by Exeter, your thoughts please

How tall is Messi? What's the average height of the Barcelona team?

smudgie 27-08-2012 09:54

Amen Revived.

Grimps 27-08-2012 10:19

Need a big ball winner / oldhead at back and up
Middle with joyce . Plus sum new loos / cleaner too may help.

johnc 27-08-2012 10:29

Dont think height is the problem, but we do look a little lightweight, men against boys at times

maccawozzagod 27-08-2012 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimps (Post 1010829)
Need a big ball winner / oldhead at back and up
Middle with joyce . Plus sum new loos / cleaner too may help.

and some lapdancers?

Wynonie Harris 27-08-2012 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1010838)
and some lapdancers?

ESPECIALLY some lapdancers!

DaveinGermany 27-08-2012 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1010839)
ESPECIALLY some lapdancers!

Can they be there for the Bradford game ? Please. :D

LongLostSon 28-08-2012 18:04

being marooned down south I do not have the benefit most have to comment. But, if we are against a taller side surely we keep the ball down rather than play to opposition's strength ? Corners will require a variety of routines of course.