Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   out and about in the schools (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/out-and-about-in-the-schools-62603.html)

maccawozzagod 04-10-2012 12:10

out and about in the schools

ASFC News Story > 4974

its probably no more than we done for a few years now, but its important to keep getting these stories out there. Unless your child is one of the visited children you'd not know our club do these types of visits and would probably fall into the "Stanley don't do owt" category.

The best thing for me about watching these is looking at the children, and that they seem to send the whole school to see the players, and the fact that they all want autographs. It doesn't seem to matter whether the child is a footy fan or not, they want the autograph. Its FANtastic to see and is one of the massive impacts that the club will feel in years to come - the town will embrace the club more than it does now regardless of whether they attend games or not.

cashman 04-10-2012 12:13

Re: out and about in the schools

Agree 100% rob, from little acorns imho.:)

smudgie 04-10-2012 12:38

Superb to see.

FrankMoody 04-10-2012 15:25

Agree with all the above, the players are such an asset in building up relations with the local community,especially the kids.

I think the club should use the players for this type of thing a lot more along with promotional ticket prices for kids on match days so they can see their 'heroes' who visited their school.

Keep up the good work

cashman 04-10-2012 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMoody (Post 1020996)
Agree with all the above, the players are such an asset in building up relations with the local community,especially the kids.

I think the club should use the players for this type of thing a lot more along with promotional ticket prices for kids on match days so they can see their 'heroes' who visited their school.

Keep up the good work

Yeh a BOGOFF may be worth considering?:)

Pendle Red 04-10-2012 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMoody (Post 1020996)

Keep up the good work

I think the Club are already doing special prices on these visits for children and an accompanying Adult, there is a tremendous concentrated effort going on at the Club at the moment with these visits, posters going up more regular and probably more self Google Page Ranking than for a long time but it has to be sustained whether that is through things like the Gimme Five promotion but I want to see it go deeper and further there is nothing to lose but everything to gain.

The players as said above are the asset the stars and heroes and need to be at the forefront of everything as well as Cooky and Leam at the end of the day what goes on the pitch is the product that people come to see everything else spins from that.

You have to bang your own drum cause no one else is going to do it for you!

mab 04-10-2012 16:39

:) Would also like it reaching out as far as clitheroe and the out lining villages,a vast untapped fan base :)

maccawozzagod 04-10-2012 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1021016)
:) Would also like it reaching out as far as clitheroe and the out lining villages,a vast untapped fan base :)

totally agree Mab. We do need to take Accy back as soon as possible but at some point in the future we need to take a good hard look at the various darklands and see which ones are vulnerable to a campaign. For example Rishton and maybe Great Harwood are traditionally Rovers fans and not as open to persuasion as perhaps Clitheroe - which is further away! But the Ribble Valley is in a funny place where there isn't really a 'local' FL team to latch onto.