Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Voodoo Hoodoo (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/voodoo-hoodoo-63610.html)

Exile on Spencer St 20-02-2013 12:45

Voodoo Hoodoo

It's impossible to find a thread that isn't turning into a dog fight between the pro/anti Leam camps, and I don't wish this to do the same.
But, given that the topic of the day (and the next two months) is Stanley's survival as a league club, has anyone else noticed that the last game, at home, is against....Oxford United ?

Who entered the league when Stanley resigned?
Who went out of the league when Stanley returned?

Just what kind of fixture ju-ju has brought about this ominous event?
:eek:

DaveinGermany 20-02-2013 13:01

Re: Voodoo Hoodoo

Kismet Hardy. :)

lancsdave 20-02-2013 13:46

Despite the strange set of circumstances regarding Oxford, the other point worth noting if the worst came to the worst, Oxford went out of the league and yet there last match this season is a LEAGUE game ;)

afrikaaner 20-02-2013 16:07

Always said i'd never post on here again,but i have to say what's the point of shouting for Liams head,at the end of the day he took over after judas Cook jumped ship to go to Chesterfield.Results started going down hill after that,perhaps it knocked the stuffing out of the team.Liam has been a good servant to Accy so instead of griping get behind him and the team,at the end of the day a manager can only tell the players what he wants them to do,what they do on the pitch is not necessarily what they should be doing.I know they are now close to the drop and i don't think some of the players are good enough to play for Accy,i can only hope Liam can pull them together starting against Cheltenham.Every game is now a 6 pointer,so i hope everybody gets behind the team on saturday and cheers them to a win.:hidewall::thumbsup:

Billy Casper 20-02-2013 16:46

" at the end of the day he took over after judas Cook jumped ship to go to Chesterfield.Results started going down hill after that,"

Just 2 small points

Firstly Results started to go downhill way before Judas left eg Oxford.

Secondly
IT,S LEAM

tonyalveston 20-02-2013 17:14

Is the only reason that we have waited to make a decision re' our management, is the thought of the compensation involved. The club cannot possibly find any money, least of all a payment to Leam, regardless of if he should go or not. Then again Directors, if you are behind him , untie his hands and provide the necessary funds. Alvi

yonmon 20-02-2013 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1043002)
It's impossible to find a thread that isn't turning into a dog fight between the pro/anti Leam camps, and I don't wish this to do the same.
But, given that the topic of the day (and the next two months) is Stanley's survival as a league club, has anyone else noticed that the last game, at home, is against....Oxford United ?

Who entered the league when Stanley resigned?
Who went out of the league when Stanley returned?

Just what kind of fixture ju-ju has brought about this ominous event?
:eek:

Curiously enough Exile...and with Oxford United in mind,
It crossed my mind at the time, and has been kept there by the countless posts attempting to pin-point just where the Reds started their 'fall from grace' !!...that at the moment when Oxford United scored their third and equalizing goal in the FA cup to secure a replay, then not only did this knock the stuffing out of the team at that time...but they never really recovered much of the composure they had shown previously to that game.
That last-minute goal was, as faces and drooping spirits
betrayed. so traumatic for the players,and totally destroyed their chances of a Cup run !....so I ask if this actually was the first straw that, along with many others, has placed the heavy burden of League survival on our team ??...is OXFORD UNITED a synonym for Nemesis ??.........we'll see !!