Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   How Many Points Will We Need? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/how-many-points-will-we-need-63819.html)

cashman 20-03-2013 09:39

How Many Points Will We Need?

To ensure Div2 Football next season? My guess looking at the fixtures would be 48, If thats correct then another 5 pts from last 7 games should do it.

stanley convert 20-03-2013 09:52

Re: How Many Points Will We Need?

I would think 50+ but if we could come away on Saturday with at least a point and results around us go as you would expect for once, yer probably not far of the mark Cashy.

cashman 20-03-2013 09:57

Think last season twas 45 the cut off point? But this is the tightest Div2 i can remember, certainly since Stanley came back, a few of those now in the mix were in play off positions or just under, earlier in season.:eek:

carpon 20-03-2013 10:12

64 will do for me....meaning we win the last seven !!! That way no danger of getting relegated !!!;)

Realistically, I think we'll need 52 or even 53 to get safe. :o

Too many sides at the bottom getting results at the moment. Was gutted to walk out of the ground last night, to hear that yet again all results had gone against us.:mad:

cashman 20-03-2013 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 1047929)
64 will do for me....meaning we win the last seven !!! That way no danger of getting relegated !!!;)

Realistically, I think we'll need 52 or even 53 to get safe. :o

Too many sides at the bottom getting results at the moment. Was gutted to walk out of the ground last night, to hear that yet again all results had gone against us.:mad:

Oh i will settle fer 64.:D I wasn't pleased wi last nights other results, but not gutted, The fact that its in our own hands is fine wi me.;) I am convinced we are good enough, The thing we have lacked this season imho is consistency (Big Time) If we perform as i know we can,until end of term then safety will be assured.

carpon 20-03-2013 10:34

I suppose the fact that other sides keep picking up points is working in Leam's favour..as in we can't afford to take our foot off the gas in the sprint for safety.:o

I'd agree, the football we played at times last night ( and in parts on Saturday against Barnet) wouldn't look out of place for a side at the right end of League 2!!!

Just hope that the confidence that back to back wins should bring, steels them for the game on Saturday. If we carry on playing in the same vein, then there's no reason why we cant come back with a good result !!!:)

smobile 20-03-2013 11:20

I also reckon it will be nearer to the 50 mark.

Teams at the bottom are picking up points, but looking at some of their remaining fixtures, they will be taking points off each other.

Games against other bottom 9 sides -

Barnet have home game against Dagenham & away games at Afc Wimbledon & Torquay

York have away games at Torquay & Dagenham, Home games against Plymouth & Accrington

Aldershot have home game against Dagenham & an away game against Rochdale

AFC Wimbledon have a home game against Barnet & away game at Bristol Rovers

Torquay have home games against York, Barnet & Bristol Rovers

Accrington have away games at York & Bristol Rovers

Plymouth have an away games at York & Rochdale

johnc 20-03-2013 11:29

A team with 50 points has not been relegated going back to 1994, couldn't be arsed going any further back

But history is not going to keep us up even if we get to 50, we need other teams to start dropping points.

cashman 20-03-2013 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 1047937)
A team with 50 points has not been relegated going back to 1994, couldn't be arsed going any further back

But history is not going to keep us up even if we get to 50, we need other teams to start dropping points.

If yeh read smobiles post john, other teams are forced to drop points.;)

johnc 20-03-2013 11:41

I normally ignore smobiles posts :)

accybeme 20-03-2013 12:39

I can’t find my rose tinted glasses looking at our remaining fixtures we still have a tremendous fight on our hands to survive.
Can see us taking maybe 6 points from the remaining games, which will give us 49 points
The Oxford last game of the season could be very interesting depending a lot on what points are needed by both teams going into that match
Away to Gills (live in hope but we will be lucky to get anything from this game) no points
Away to Wycombe (maybe able to snatch a point) 1 point
Home to Burton (live in hope again) no points
Away to York (a must win game) 3 points
Home to Morecambe (even when not playing well we usually take points of them) 1 points
Away to Bristol (will not be easy they have found their shooting boots recently) 1point
Home to Oxford (let’s hope we are safe by this game) depends very much what is required on the day

smobile 20-03-2013 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 1047940)
I normally ignore smobiles posts :)

Best way John, then you'll never be in danger of learning owt! :p

ddevil2006 20-03-2013 16:47

one more that the bottom two

cashman 20-03-2013 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddevil2006 (Post 1047967)
one more that the bottom two

That musta took some working out.:p

DAV007 20-03-2013 17:34

50 points is essential, any less puts us in danger