Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   When should we know who's staying? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/when-should-we-know-whos-staying-64155.html)

smobile 03-07-2013 09:16

Re: When should we know who's staying?

Been badgering Franny on Twitter this morning asking him if he's fixed up for next season or if he's coming back.

He said he's got nothing fixed up and he is available but isn't the one who makes the decisions.

cashman 03-07-2013 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1065203)
Been badgering Franny on Twitter this morning asking him if he's fixed up for next season or if he's coming back.

He said he's got nothing fixed up and he is available but isn't the one who makes the decisions.

So who made the decision to reject the offer?:confused:

smobile 03-07-2013 09:59

That's what's puzzling me Cashy - Club said offers had been made to ALL players except those that had been released.

Can only mean he has rejected the clubs offer.

Would be a shame if he doesn't get sorted, cos Carver and McCarten would learn plenty from him and the gaffer.

AccyMad 03-07-2013 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1065208)
So who made the decision to reject the offer?:confused:

Maybe his agent? :rolleyes:

maccawozzagod 03-07-2013 10:07

"we'll give you £500 per week"
"make it £800 per week Gaffer and I'll sign"

technically a rejection but ball in Stanley's court?

I'm hoping that when the initial budget was decided it would have included reasonable offers to Linganzi and Molyneux, so maybe without those now signing we would be in a position to return to Boco and Jeffers with improved terms? Certainly Boco would have been holding out for an offer from elsewhere but time is ticking on and they obviously haven't been offered what they would like or they would have signed somewhere, so maybe an improved offer would now illicit a better response?

cashman 03-07-2013 10:22

I can live wi that Rob, if poss hope the club can.

Fourth official 03-07-2013 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1065212)
Maybe his agent? :rolleyes:

Or his wife:rolleyes:

SamF 03-07-2013 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1065214)
"we'll give you £500 per week"
"make it £800 per week Gaffer and I'll sign"

technically a rejection but ball in Stanley's court?

I'm hoping that when the initial budget was decided it would have included reasonable offers to Linganzi and Molyneux, so maybe without those now signing we would be in a position to return to Boco and Jeffers with improved terms? Certainly Boco would have been holding out for an offer from elsewhere but time is ticking on and they obviously haven't been offered what they would like or they would have signed somewhere, so maybe an improved offer would now illicit a better response?

If the club were to offer Jeffers "better" terms it should include a condition on number of appearances... he's a gamble with injuries and the likelihood of getting himself sent off.

cashman 03-07-2013 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 1065229)
If the club were to offer Jeffers "better" terms it should include a condition on number of appearances... he's a gamble with injuries and the likelihood of getting himself sent off.

Agree wi appearance money, But sent off only 3 times in his career, last time was 3/4 yrs ago, so don't see how thats justified?:confused:

Redraine 04-07-2013 07:28

Morecambe fans forum treating the Pod move as though it's a state secret. Almost blushing. What's the big deal?

cashman 04-07-2013 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1065292)
Morecambe fans forum treating the Pod move as though it's a state secret. Almost blushing. What's the big deal?

Possibly embarrassment? seeing how many of their acquisitions turn out to be similar?:D

Div3North 04-07-2013 10:52

Is the Podge move about money, or playing time? Anybody know?

SamF 04-07-2013 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1065276)
Agree wi appearance money, But sent off only 3 times in his career, last time was 3/4 yrs ago, so don't see how thats justified?:confused:

I am surprised at that - the few games he's played for us IMO opinion he's got so wound up a few times he looked like he was going to swing for someone.

cashman 04-07-2013 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 1065310)
I am surprised at that - the few games he's played for us IMO opinion he's got so wound up a few times he looked like he was going to swing for someone.

Well its correct sam, i checked his record out, that just shows how commited the lad was to our survival effort n only doin it fer expenses.;)

maccawozzagod 04-07-2013 12:57

Th'Observer states that Jeffers has now left the club and BT is resigned to losing Rommy. On the plus side we have earmarked a big name signing to play alongside Shay. "he is expected to be a well known Football League striker"

and we have the man himself.

Amond and Redshaw? who are they?