Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Barrow today--Any details? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/barrow-today-any-details-64458.html)

ddevil2006 27-07-2013 18:26

Re: Barrow today--Any details?

to be fair, dawber pulled off some great saves today, belive me it could have been more than two nil

smudgie 27-07-2013 18:39

Agreed with Redraine !

football19 27-07-2013 19:06

Listened to JBs match view,looks and sounds like we're going long ball and picking up the seconds.Anyone got Paul Mullens number?? :)

Redraine 27-07-2013 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1068686)
Listened to JBs match view,looks and sounds like we're going long ball and picking up the seconds.Anyone got Paul Mullens number?? :)

OH dear, back to the dark ages then. If that's the case we need more skilful players than Joyce and Murphy picking up the pieces in the middle of the park.

cashman 27-07-2013 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1068686)

I never got that impression, one i got was how yeh play depends on conditions etc, also get the impression football19 that you aint much of a beats fan,? from other stuff yeh have said.:confused:

football19 27-07-2013 22:46

Wouldn't say that Cashy,and your right,conditions do influence set-ups,but the games I seen we seem to be adopting these tactics of going long to get in behind/turn there defenders or contest the second ball.Beattie may think this suits the players we have,but its not my cup of tea ---once again,all about opinions,it could prove to be successful,but previous managers got hammered for this style !!!

carpon 27-07-2013 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1068709)
but the games I seen we seem to be adopting these tactics of going long to get in behind/turn there defenders or contest the second ball.Beattie may think this suits the players we have,but its not my cup of tea ---once again,all about opinions,it could prove to be successful,but previous managers got hammered for this style !!!

Previous managers ??? We've had three in fourteen or fifteen seasons!!! You could also say three in just over 18 months !!!;)

Pre season results don't really mean a lot to me.....the real business starts next Saturday at Newport !!!

If we play a lttle more direct and come back North with three points I won't be grumbling !!!;)

Pendle Red 27-07-2013 23:59

Thoughts on today

We were second best to a team that were physical but workmanlike unlike the Oldham game we struggled to keep possession of the ball and so many passes went astray, we struggled with dead ball situations.

We struggled down the flanks and were far too narrow in midfield and the front two struggled on scraps.

The midfield were bypassed for large parts of the game and failed to dominate.

It was a vey lacklustre performance but the sign of a good team is one that bounces back straight away so we move on to Stalybridge on Tuesday Night with a chance to put it right straight away. :)

cashman 28-07-2013 06:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1068709)
Wouldn't say that Cashy,and your right,conditions do influence set-ups,but the games I seen we seem to be adopting these tactics of going long to get in behind/turn there defenders or contest the second ball.Beattie may think this suits the players we have,but its not my cup of tea ---once again,all about opinions,it could prove to be successful,but previous managers got hammered for this style !!!

Going long aint my cup of tea either,am prepared to accept managers do it to suit opposition or pitch, if it became a regular occurrence, i would certainly not be happy.:eek:

bdc 28-07-2013 15:32

It was a very poor performance by most of the players yesterday, first real test of JB's management coming on Tuesday to see if he can get the correct reaction from the players. Barrow completely bossed the midfield and we couldn't cope with their physical play.

Fair play to Barrow they played to their strengths and deserved the win.

DAV007 28-07-2013 19:04

Is Joyce really the answer? Or will this be his season to shine?

It will be his 5th season with us and I'm still to be convinced.
He has had the opportunity, been made captain, plays in his preferred role.

Maybe I expected to much of him that he would dominate games, but he simply hasn't done it.

Pendle Red 28-07-2013 20:28

On his day Luke is a good player & is an integral part of the Stanley engine room the key is finding the player to fit alongside him.

DAV007 29-07-2013 02:33

And thats the problem pendle red, 'on his day'.

He has more off days than on days.

smudgie 29-07-2013 18:27

Agreed with Dav !