Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Nelson Tomorrow. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/nelson-tomorrow-64492.html)

cashman 05-07-2013 10:05

Nelson Tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing who is on trial wi stanley n how they shape up tomoz, Also was not aware Chris Turner was yon now. So would think n hope Chris will get a great reception from our fans.:)

sparkie 05-07-2013 10:32

Re: Nelson Tomorrow.

Last I heard Nat Taylor and Tom Anderton (sure we had a look at him too) were there too.

smobile 05-07-2013 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1065427)
Looking forward to seeing who is on trial wi stanley n how they shape up tomoz, Also was not aware Chris Turner was yon now. So would think n hope Chris will get a great reception from our fans.:)

Hope he doesn't make our full-backs look S***e :D

AccyMad 05-07-2013 12:11

Does anyone know if it's walkable distance from bus or train station?

cashman 05-07-2013 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1065458)
Does anyone know if it's walkable distance from bus or train station?

Directions To Ground Nelson - Nelson FC - The Admirals Online best i can do di,:)

AccyMad 05-07-2013 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1065459)

Cheers, been on journey planner & it reckons 20minute walk from Nelson station but I suppose that depends who's doing the walkin' :rolleyes:

maccawozzagod 05-07-2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkie (Post 1065440)
Last I heard Nat Taylor and Tom Anderton (sure we had a look at him too) were there too.

and Adam Stockdale, the young lad who got promoted from the youth team start of last season but quit his contract

Pendle Red 05-07-2013 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1065462)
Cheers, been on journey planner & it reckons 20minute walk from Nelson station but I suppose that depends who's doing the walkin' :rolleyes:

Best way to walk Diane is across from Bus/Train interchange past the Arndale Centre then left heading towards Barclays Bank on the corner if you turn right there that is Carr Hall Road follow it down under the motorway flyover, you will see the park turn left follow road along to Little Wembley probably about fifteen minutes walk downhill 20 minutes back up the hill.

Usually plenty of taxis about near Bus Station if you want to get a taxi

Pendle Red 05-07-2013 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1065474)
and Adam Stockdale, the young lad who got promoted from the youth team start of last season but quit his contract

On holiday I believe

ddevil2006 05-07-2013 15:57

20 past 1 tomorrow on nelson train station and i have willing to share a taxi

winstanley asfc 05-07-2013 23:10

I'd have loved to have gone to the Nelson match but i'm off on mi hols tomorrow:). It was supposed to be for 2 weeks but i couldn't miss the Everton game so i cut it down to 10 days!:D

I hope there's a good attendance,(hopefully it will be with the predicted nice weather) Nelson make a few bob, and Stanley impress!

See you soon!

maccawozzagod 06-07-2013 12:40

any coverage of the game anywhere? Sky, ESPN, Satanta, DanWeb even?

mab 06-07-2013 16:45

2 - 4 to Stanley :) on fishy site

cashman 06-07-2013 16:46

Overall a very enjoyable afternoon, of which Nelson played their part, The second by Nat Taylor was certainly a cracker, Didn't know who most of ours were, but quite a few of em impressed me. Young Dawber didn't have a cat in hells chance wi either of the goals in my view. our number 6 i thought did very well, 2nd half Carver n McArten put themselves about, get a bit of experience wi em, n could develop into half decent strikers i think.:)

caretaker 06-07-2013 16:57

A pleasant afternoon in the sun, with Stanley shading it, their goalie getting subbed seem to make the difference. Two errors in the Nelson defence gifted Stanley with a two goal lead before 20 minutes had past. It was all square when Nelson hit a great shot that left Dawber with no chance. Two more goals towards the end sealed the result for us. I am optimistic for the season ahead.