Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Middlesbrough match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/middlesbrough-match-thread-64717.html)

VALAIRIAN 07-08-2013 10:37

Re: Middlesbrough match thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1070320)
When is the second round draw? can't wait fer this un.:)

12:30 Thursday I think Cashy ? :)

cashman 07-08-2013 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianray (Post 1070324)
Well done the Stanley boys esp Ian Dunbavin also the 181 supporters the noise was unbelieveable...... I would not like to be a Middlesboro player going in for training today .

Will they not get a day off like our lads?:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Alvin the chipmunk 07-08-2013 11:22

Phenomenal effort from all involved. Worst five minutes of my life in injury time. Bavs was just inspired reminiscent of last season form before injury.

Yes he's prone to the odd error...but if he wasn't he wouldn't be playing for us. The unsighted one he flicked round the post was sensational. :)

cashman 07-08-2013 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk (Post 1070331)
Phenomenal effort from all involved. Worst five minutes of my life in injury time. Bavs was just inspired reminiscent of last season form before injury.

Yes he's prone to the odd error...but if he wasn't he wouldn't be playing for us. The unsighted one he flicked round the post was sensational. :)

True alvin, but yeh gotta remember, "Kenny" "Cisak" "Belford" also played fer us, but didn't seem to me to make as many.;)

Div3North 07-08-2013 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1070320)
When is the second round draw? can't wait fer this un.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1070325)

"About" 12.30, it being Sky ......... Being drawn by one of the Nevilles and someone else who has nothing much to do in the daytime :p Can't remember who .....

All the Big Boys (except those involved in Europe) come in at this stage :D

With our luck, we'll get Stevenage or Morecambe :o

Away

PS games to be played w/c 26th August

MikeA 07-08-2013 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1070325)

According to Competition Round Dates it's at about 1:30pm.

See post 50.

cashman 07-08-2013 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1070339)
According to Competition Round Dates it's at about 1:30pm.

See post 50.

Missed that un mike, was just back from match n still bouncing.:D

Alvin the chipmunk 07-08-2013 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1070332)
True alvin, but yeh gotta remember, "Kenny" "Cisak" "Belford" also played fer us, but didn't seem to me to make as many.;)

To be honest I think a maverick keeper who has games like that is worth more points over a season than a solid shot stopper who doesn't make ricks but would possibly have shipped 4 or 5 last night. :)

Alvin the chipmunk 07-08-2013 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1070337)
"About" 12.30, it being Sky ......... Being drawn by one of the Nevilles and someone else who has nothing much to do in the daytime :p Can't remember who .....

All the Big Boys (except those involved in Europe) come in at this stage :D

With our luck, we'll get Stevenage or Morecambe :o

Away

PS games to be played w/c 26th August

Doubt it they'll be unseeded like us. We're going to get Yeovil :)

Alvin the chipmunk 07-08-2013 14:24

Scratch That. Despite being Championship now the Glovers are still unseeded so we won't be left with a Tuesday night trip to deepest darkest Somerset.

We can get:

Everton, Liverpool, West Brom, West Ham United, Norwich City, Fulham, Stoke City, Southampton, Aston Villa, Newcastle United, Sunderland, Reading, QPR, Cardiff City, Hull City, Watford, Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Bolton Wanderers, Nottingham Forest, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Burnley or Birmingham City.

Once tonight's results are known, one of Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers or Huddersfield Town will be added to that seeded list, with the priority given to each club in that order of merit - i.e. if Leeds were knocked out, then Blackburn would become the seeded club if they won their First Round tie. :)

MikeA 07-08-2013 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk (Post 1070345)
Scratch That. Despite being Championship now the Glovers are still unseeded so we won't be left with a Tuesday night trip to deepest darkest Somerset.

We can get:

Everton, Liverpool, West Brom, West Ham United, Norwich City, Fulham, Stoke City, Southampton, Aston Villa, Newcastle United, Sunderland, Reading, QPR, Cardiff City, Hull City, Watford, Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Bolton Wanderers, Nottingham Forest, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Burnley or Birmingham City.

Once tonight's results are known, one of Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers or Huddersfield Town will be added to that seeded list, with the priority given to each club in that order of merit - i.e. if Leeds were knocked out, then Blackburn would become the seeded club if they won their First Round tie. :)

Starngely, the only link to the draw seems to be the one on Yeovil's forum that Alvin has posted. It says the seeds have been published by the League and also says the draw is at 12:30 so, if anyone can confirm whether it's 12:30 or 1:30, please tell us!

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Swansea City and Wigan Athletic get byes.

Div3North 07-08-2013 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1070346)
Starngely, the only link to the draw seems to be the one on Yeovil's forum that Alvin has posted. It says the seeds have been published by the League and also says the draw is at 12:30 so, if anyone can confirm whether it's 12:30 or 1:30, please tell.

Last night it was coming up as 1.30; today it seems to be "about" 12.30

We'll probably get Norwich or Reading away :o

stanley nick 07-08-2013 16:17

home draw please against a giant , live on sky, and by Friday season long loan signed up for Kal Naismith

bring on pompey

Alvin the chipmunk 07-08-2013 16:38

Burnley at the Turf please. Let's avenge what Bob The Butcher did. :)

maccawozzagod 07-08-2013 16:47

Blackburn or Burnley must SURELY be due out of the hat for us!!!

either of them away and no interlopers from tuther lot coming in our away end.