Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   merchandise (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/merchandise-65043.html)

cmonstanley 29-09-2013 10:07

merchandise

is there a problem with the stanley online merchandise site ?

cashman 29-09-2013 10:16

Re: merchandise

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 1077449)
is there a problem with the stanley online merchandise site ?

Yeh Labours caused it.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::

deeayess 29-09-2013 10:26

I don't think it's worked for months.

mab 29-09-2013 10:36

Mr T is the man to ask cmonstanley or stanleyhouse!! I think the problem is no ones available to up date it as with when lew was working full time in the store :(

Mr T 29-09-2013 10:58

If you ring the friendly staff we'll attempt to find solutions to all things "retail" or even call down during office hours.

On online retail store was very "labour intesive" for a number of reasons. Over the close season it was causing more problems than sales so we have closed it.

The new commercial staff I suspect will be tasked with "solutions"

Mr Matthew 29-09-2013 10:58

This old China???

Pendle Red 29-09-2013 11:22

Official EBay Shop a possible solution short term?

lancsdave 29-09-2013 15:54

It's fair to say the retail side will take a bit of getting back up to speed. It is very labour intensive and there are a few of us now working on finding solutions.

We have put around 6 new lines of clothing in the shop recently and these will be added to, the arrival of the kit will make the place look far better than it has for a while.

I can think of a few short term ways of dealing with the online issue but a permanent method needs proper planning.

Things are happening :)

fc:stanley 29-09-2013 16:15

Football league club without an online shop. Jeez. , embarrassing! Was going to buy a shirt but i think il leave it! Last time I nipped to the shop during office hours i was met by nothing but a ball of straw whistling down the carpark! Sad state of affairs down at the ground!

cmonstanley 29-09-2013 16:36

hopefully something will happen. how are people away from the area going to look at the stock:confused: I would think it would be up a couple of months before Christmas.

DaveinGermany 29-09-2013 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 1077489)
hopefully something will happen. how are people away from the area going to look at the stock:confused: I would think it would be up a couple of months before Christmas.

For once I can agree with C'mon on something! :eek: :) We were over the other week, went to the shop before the game to pick up tickets & do a bit of shopping, a new club shirt, a polo or two, maybe a hoody, what did I come away with? Well none of the above sadly, despite the friendliness of the lads in the shop & the assurances there'd be kit in by "next week". I went away with money in my pocket that I'm sure the club could've better used.

And the advice to check the website for updates didn't really fill me with optimism either, I've been doing that for a few months now without any real hope or joy. As C'mon points out "People away from the area" & I think my residence here in Germany fits that description aptly are reliant on a functioning on-line ordering & dispatching service. So I'd assume getting things up & running should take on a tad more urgency, as every day the site is down is another day of potential lost sales or in extreme cases a loss of customers.

lancsdave 29-09-2013 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1077499)
For once I can agree with C'mon on something! :eek: :) We were over the other week, went to the shop before the game to pick up tickets & do a bit of shopping, a new club shirt, a polo or two, maybe a hoody, what did I come away with? Well none of the above sadly, despite the friendliness of the lads in the shop & the assurances there'd be kit in by "next week". I went away with money in my pocket that I'm sure the club could've better used.

And the advice to check the website for updates didn't really fill me with optimism either, I've been doing that for a few months now without any real hope or joy. As C'mon points out "People away from the area" & I think my residence here in Germany fits that description aptly are reliant on a functioning on-line ordering & dispatching service. So I'd assume getting things up & running should take on a tad more urgency, as every day the site is down is another day of potential lost sales or in extreme cases a loss of customers.

Bit confused about the polo's. Did you not like the ones that were in or just didn't have them in the right size ?. Hoodies are due to go in next couple of weeks. We decided that as were enjoying the long hot summer the urgency wasn't quite the same, must be colder in Germany :).

Out of curiosity, how important is it to people that club merchandise clothing is the branded 'kit' supplier merchandise, or are people happy to have the club's own badged clothing? ( I'll ignore the impending comments about just having something to buy in the first place would help ;) )

Exile on Spencer St 29-09-2013 17:52

[QUOTE=lancsdave;.
Out of curiosity, how important is it to people that club merchandise clothing is the branded 'kit' supplier merchandise, or are people happy to have the club's own badged clothing? )[/QUOTE]

As an exile, I always try to buy something from the shop when in Accie, and my main purpose is to give some money to the club. It's the club's name and badge that's important to me, not the name of some other 'brand' (which you can see on plenty of 'rivals').

lancsdave 29-09-2013 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1077502)
As an exile, I always try to buy something from the shop when in Accie, and my main purpose is to give some money to the club. It's the club's name and badge that's important to me, not the name of some other 'brand' (which you can see on plenty of 'rivals').

I'm with you on that. Lots of merchandise is spoilt by the manufacturers branding

DaveinGermany 29-09-2013 17:56

Sizes mainly Dave, plus differentiating between male/female fits. As to branding if the quality is good enough (and from your good self it normally is), club branding will do it for me, can't speak for other folk though. :)

Oh & just to be necky, a wider colour option maybe. ;)