Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Coleman (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/coleman-65403.html)

rude-dog 06-12-2013 20:06

Coleman

A friend of mine has informed me that mr Coleman is a red hot certainty to replace Alan wright over at southport. I wander if davo7 can shed any light . Personally think he's much better than that

MikeA 06-12-2013 20:40

Re: Coleman

Quote:

Originally Posted by rude-dog (Post 1086579)
A friend of mine has informed me that mr Coleman is a red hot certainty to replace Alan wright over at southport. I wander if davo7 can shed any light . Personally think he's much better than that

According to the Non-League Paper today, it looks like it's a certainty: John Coleman Set For Southport Job | The Non League Football Paper - Daily football news

Club legend, former top-scorer, no travelling; it looks like the ideal job. Best wishes to Coley if he takes it.

Outback Ozzy 06-12-2013 22:26

Good luck to JC if he gets the job. Southport have been a bit of a yo yo club for a while now. As others have said, little travelling to get to the club. Would be interesting to find out if JB will leave Port Vale and rejoin him?

Redraine 06-12-2013 23:00

Who is this fella? Sure doesn't look like Coley to me!

John Coleman Set For Southport Job | The Non League Football Paper - Daily football news

MikeA 07-12-2013 07:48

Good luck to Coley in his new job:
Official Southport Website

No game until Salisbury away on the 21st so plenty of time to sort out his team.

Div3North 07-12-2013 12:33

How long before he signs Craney? :D:D:D

:alright:

maccawozzagod 07-12-2013 13:50

good luck Coley. I think Southport would be a good fit for him and I think he has a few quid to spend there. They have Nathan Ellington up front who is probably too good for that level, and also Richard Brodie who I think is the most expensive transfer fee to a Conference club.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he got them promoted out of that league inside of a couple of years.

smudgie 07-12-2013 14:06

With the size of the budget some of the clubs in that League have, it probably would be his greatest achievement.

Good luck to him.

DAV007 07-12-2013 15:07

Interesting move by Coley.
He has taken on a big challenge thats for sure.

As per usual, the conference is 2 mini leagues playwd out at the top by those who are full time and at the bottom by those who are part time.

Sadly for him, they have no plans to go full time.

I think they where joint 2nd favs for the drop?

He is better than a part time small conference club IMO, But it does give him the chance to show his footballing genius against all the odds once again

smudgie 07-12-2013 15:42

Yet Nuneaton are 4th and being run part time....

Chubbyman 07-12-2013 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1086642)

As per usual, the conference is 2 mini leagues playwd out at the top by those who are full time and at the bottom by those who are part time.

He is better than a part time small conference club IMO, But it does give him the chance to show his footballing genius against all the odds once again

DAV ......Is there any truth in the rumour you're going house hunting in Southport tomorrow ??? PS...Good Luck to Coley

smobile 07-12-2013 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1086642)

Stanley had no plans to go full-time until King Coley waved his wand :alright:

DAV007 08-12-2013 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1086644)
Yet Nuneaton are 4th and being run part time....

there is always an exception to the rule, but generally its full time top half part time bottom half.

I cant help feel sorry for Hyde, relegated by February?
Skrill Premier Latest news on the new Skrill Premier, North and South season

smudgie 08-12-2013 13:51

I dont feel sorry for them.

They (Man City) spent an absolute fortune getting out of Conference North.

Obviously not sustainable.

Alvin the chipmunk 08-12-2013 16:55

Any club that changes their name, colours and history to chase the dollar gets no sympathy from me...although the true fans do of course.

There is no doubt that the Southport public are even more apathetic than Accringtons. A lovely old club who were the last victims of the corrupt re-election system.

It would be a real trick for Coley to take them up although the Conference now is much harder than our time there and is now basically League 3. How Luton don't romp it every year is beyond me.

Up the Port!! :jimbo: