Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   John Coleman and Jimmy Bell return to Stanley - Officially announced (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/john-coleman-and-jimmy-bell-return-to-stanley-officially-announced-66568.html)

choirboy 18-09-2014 09:09

John Coleman and Jimmy Bell return to Stanley - Officially announced

It is now on The fishy Site.....
John and Jimmy are back in charge at Accrington Stanley.....

There has been a lot of discussion.........views aired.........opinions made public..........?????????????

But come on all Accy Stanley supporters........
NOW IS THE TIME TO UNITE......:alc:
GET 100% BEHIND JIMMY AND JOHN AND THE SQUAD.:love::love::love:

John and Jimmy are fully aware of the constraints under which they will have to work and inevitably there will be some changes in the way we play and possibly/probably in the playing personnel too.....

Quote from the Fishy site from Chairman Peter Marsden.......
“One of the things that was vital in getting us established in the Football League was the emergence of the Ultras. The fans played a big part, got behind the team unbelievably well and the players responded to that support,” he explained.

To follow up what Peter Marsden says.....
NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE LEGENDARY ULTRAS TO GET FULLY BACK IN TO SWING.........
THIS IS A RALLY CALL TO ALL ULTRAS...ESPECIALLY TO JASON....GET BACK ONTO THE CLAYTON END GUYS.......BRING OUT THE FLAGS AT OUR NEXT HOME GAME AGAINST PLYMOUTH.......SING, SHOUT AND BLOW YOUR HORNS....
AND LETS BE THAT TWELFTH MAN THAT THE SQUAD HAS BEEN MISSING OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF SEASONS.
:theband:

Stop the silly squabbling everyone and get behind the club totally.:kiss8:
Can I suggest that we all make a real effort to get absent friends back onto The Crown ground and ALSO TO BRING SOME NEW FOLKS ON TOO.
:cheers:
COME ON YOU REDS .......:alright:
ON STANLEY ON:theband:

Gooneroli 18-09-2014 09:34

Re: John Coleman and Jimmy Bell return to Stanley - Officially announced

I'll be there 100% behind the team

tazzydjr 18-09-2014 09:42

Good Luck on survival i think they were sussed season after we relegated back to League 2, I really hope this doesn't end up being the season were it's a free for all for every opposition team which play you, I personally think your club deserves better than that.

DAV007 18-09-2014 09:59

Go back to your dump town near Manchester,
Super John Coleman will be taking us up to league 1 while you scallies will be heading back to the conference.

Stanley we back!

cashman 18-09-2014 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1117640)
[B]
Quote from the Fishy site from Chairman Peter Marsden.......
“One of the things that was vital in getting us established in the Football League was the emergence of the Ultras. The fans played a big part, got behind the team unbelievably well and the players responded to that support,” he explained.

To follow up what Peter Marsden says.....
NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE LEGENDARY ULTRAS TO GET FULLY BACK IN TO SWING.........
THIS IS A RALLY CALL TO ALL ULTRAS...ESPECIALLY TO JASON....GET BACK ONTO THE CLAYTON END GUYS.......BRING OUT THE FLAGS AT OUR NEXT HOME GAME AGAINST PLYMOUTH.......SING, SHOUT AND BLOW YOUR HORNS....
AND LETS BE THAT TWELFTH MAN THAT THE SQUAD HAS BEEN MISSING OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF SEASONS.
:theband:

Stop the silly squabbling everyone and get behind the club totally.:kiss8:
Can I suggest that we all make a real effort to get absent friends back onto The Crown ground and ALSO TO BRING SOME NEW FOLKS ON TOO.
:cheers:
COME ON YOU REDS .......:alright:
ON STANLEY ON:theband:

As fer the ultras, everyone wi two brain cells can see Jason has been well missed, Davo, i'm sure yeh know him well, use yer influence fer some good will yeh?;)

smobile 18-09-2014 10:08

Would love to see Jason back on the terrace.

Colour Party for the Plymouth Game :)

DarwenRed 18-09-2014 10:10

Over the moon at this appointment, the place used to be buzzing on a Saturday afternoon! Not had that for years, can't wait!

football19 18-09-2014 10:26

100% behind the appointment and it will be another roller-coaster of a ride!!.
They will play long if its required but they do like to play on the deck.
At southport it would of been easier to go long and battle for survival,they didn't and got footballers in and played their way to safety(vouch for this!).
It will be interesting to see which players respond to their unconventional methods,but i expect players like Aldred to be right up their street,as they love passion.
As DAVO once said,give um ten games !!! :)

Alvin the chipmunk 18-09-2014 11:39

Marsden gets the utmost respect from me. He has eloquently put into words what the club has been lacking since JC's departure. It was that passion that git him hooked and he could see as much as anybody the lethargy on the Crown.

Where is that huge King Coley banner? Time to dust it of for the Cobblers!! :)

keep the faith 18-09-2014 12:02

It's time now to get behind the club, managers and team as we all have a part to play in restoring some stability at the Store First Stadium. We have reached a point where the whole future of our club remaining in league two depends very heavily on belief in the management over the next eight months.

I don't give a toss about the opinions and ridiculous/nasty comments of a small minority of people who regularly post on Stanley forum, some of whom I know have only been supporters of the club a relatively short period of time.
What about the likes of Bill Parkinson and Jack Barrett who in 1967/68 created the dream of Accy Stanley returning once again to the football league. There are still people amongst the crowd on match days who have regularly supported this club through thick and thin since 1968 who haven't once posted any opinionated drivel on this forum. They are the true heroes at this club, taking whatever comes, good or bad, in their stride and just getting on with giving whoever might be in charge their full loyal support.

Over the past six days, there have been some very foolish remarks made on here. I am very interested to know if these people are prepared to stand by what they have said or be prepared to bear the embarrassment of not backing up their words with action.

Whatever happens, I'll be there.

On Stanley On

Gremlin 18-09-2014 12:15

Not being a football fan and I don't know much about the game so I can't post anything constructive about Accrington Stanley.
What I can do is wish the Club, Manager, players and all involved in Stanley all the very best wishes for the future.
My late wife used to tell me about sitting on her grandfathers shoulders watching the games before the old Club collapsed.
It would be fantastic if at the end of the season the new manager got the team at least to the play offs for Div 1. You deserve it.

Wynonie Harris 18-09-2014 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep the faith (Post 1117673)
It's time now to get behind the club, managers and team

Of course we're all going to get behind the club. What do you think we're going to do - go into hiding in South America?

smobile 18-09-2014 13:53

Wonder how much Compo we're paying.............. :rolleyes:

Club Statement - John Coleman | Sligo Rovers Football Club

yerself 18-09-2014 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile
Wonder how much Compo we're paying..............:rolleyes:

Too much!

DAV007 18-09-2014 14:53

A few weeks wages?

winstanley asfc 18-09-2014 16:36

It's good to see them back!!:cheers:

keep the faith 18-09-2014 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1117683)
Of course we're all going to get behind the club. What do you think we're going to do - go into hiding in South America?

A bit tongue in cheek that one Wyn. Just keep quiet and get on with your guinea pig sandwich!!!

Greeny 18-09-2014 19:06

so the grass was not greener on the other side of the fence!!! Well I for one am sitting on that fence , only time will tell if this is a good move or not . On tonights radio JB says he has been to a few Stanley matches and the atmosphere is not the same as it was , he is right of course the air is no longer blue.

mab 18-09-2014 20:41

Quote:

A compensation package for the move has been agreed.
And there was i think that Stanley had no spare cash available for players wages :(

Tin Monkey 18-09-2014 20:45

Well I'm delighted to see the gruesome twosome return. I love the statements I've read so far, especially the ones about bringing back the passion on match days.

We all know that Stanley are grade A tinpot, but they're our tinpot club. Coley is an ideal fit for this club and those who are bleating about his misdemeanors are missing the point. Rival fans hated Coley and they hated us, but that only made us stronger.

Aiming for professionalism is a noble aim, but it's by clawing and scrapping that we'll survive this season. The Marquess of Queensbury may have created the rules, but give me a brawler in a street fight any day.

Welcome back JC and JB. I for one will be keeping the faith.

cashman 18-09-2014 20:55

I also like a street fighter, but i think you are missing the point T.M. You may forgive everything, your choice, But to say those who dont are bleaters, it don't say much about you. imho

bdc 18-09-2014 21:36

Not sure on whether JC can replicate the success he had in the 1st spell, but I for one wish him all the luck. He did a lot of good for the club and he knows how the club ticks so can see why he has been appointed. Glad that PS has been kept on as well.

shakermaker 18-09-2014 22:15

Look out, old Mack is back.

Brilliant news. Welcome home John and Jimmy.

I believe it was Descartes that said, "let's get party started".

cashman 19-09-2014 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1117768)

Brilliant news. Welcome home John and Jimmy.

I believe it was Descartes that said, "let's get party started".

Hope yer right shaker, the sligo rovers comments on facebook are as bad nearly as the Rochdale uns were.:eek::eek::eek:

Div3North 19-09-2014 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1117768)

McConville? Oh sugar ..................!:eek:

shakermaker 19-09-2014 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1117843)
Hope yer right shaker, the sligo rovers comments on facebook are as bad nearly as the Rochdale uns were.:eek::eek::eek:

Bet the Sligo fans weren't complaining after the Rosenborg victory :rolleyes: To be honest Cashy, I couldn't care less. I watched John & Jimmy's teams for 12 years - Sligo fans for little over 12 games. Nobody could tell me anything I haven't heard already at some point in time. Some fact, lots fiction. All I know for certain is that those two, in charge of my home town team, have given me delights far beyond what I could ever have expected when I attended my first game. Later, when at twelve-or-so years old, John Coleman took my 'On Stanley On' flag and stuck it firmly in the centre spot of Burton Albion's then Eton Park after victory in the Peter Swailes Shield, I knew - in a completely platonic, brotherhood kind of way - he was the man for me. There have been ups and downs along the way but nowadays I just look at it in the simplest way possible: 3 promotions, national football, Football League, to the brink of competing for more, and that bloody flag. The rest pails into insignificance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1117847)
McConville? Oh sugar ..................!:eek:

Afraid not, it was just a refrain from the chosen one's favourite karaoke number, which I look forward to hearing once again!

yerself 19-09-2014 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker
The rest pails into insignificance.

Coleman brought a bucket?:rolleyes:

Alvin the chipmunk 19-09-2014 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1117857)
Bet the Sligo fans weren't complaining after the Rosenborg victory :rolleyes: To be honest Cashy, I couldn't care less. I watched John & Jimmy's teams for 12 years - Sligo fans for little over 12 games. Nobody could tell me anything I haven't heard already at some point in time. Some fact, lots fiction. All I know for certain is that those two, in charge of my home town team, have given me delights far beyond what I could ever have expected when I attended my first game. Later, when at twelve-or-so years old, John Coleman took my 'On Stanley On' flag and stuck it firmly in the centre spot of Burton Albion's then Eton Park after victory in the Peter Swailes Shield, I knew - in a completely platonic, brotherhood kind of way - he was the man for me. There have been ups and downs along the way but nowadays I just look at it in the simplest way possible: 3 promotions, national football, Football League, to the brink of competing for more, and that bloody flag. The rest pails into insignificance.

Amen to that. From having the rise taken out of me for being the only Accy fan in school whilst our blue and white neighbours were buying the title and witnessing brutal 5-0 defeats by Bamber Bridge....to all the things mentioned above.

Coley put Accrington as a town back on the map and as a proud Accringtonian I will be forever grateful to what the duo did for this decaying former mill town.

shakermaker 19-09-2014 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 1117862)
Coleman brought a bucket?:rolleyes:

Remind me yerself, how did the Aisle of Pedantry get on in they're referendum? :D

maccawozzagod 19-09-2014 17:17

13 managers in 5 years (or summat like that, cant be arsed to check) to one manager for 13 years.

defeats to Farsley to beating Forest
from What now? to Watford
Bradford Park Avenue to Bradford City (JPT first time, epic)
from RMI to QPR
from Fat Frank to Coleyoke
from the Railwaymen of Harrogate to the Railwaymen of Crewe

Shakeys childhood reminiscences show that Coley is our Souness in Istanbul or our flute playing Gazza. He has traits that few like and traits that many like, but once he has stamped his authority on the place then he engenders an attitude of comradeship amongst HIS players. One of the problems at SpottyTedLand up the road was that he fell out with Gary Jones who was a long standing servant of the club - rather like someone showing up and dropping Paul Mullin in his prime. Coley didn't stand it and Jones was on his bike. I ddont know the facts but if a player is undermining the manager then on his arse is where he should be.

Coley's right, there seems to be little passion around the place anymore - perhaps it was overcome by logic?

cashman 19-09-2014 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1117907)

Coley's right, there seems to be little passion around the place anymore - perhaps it was overcome by logic?

Or perhaps fer various reasons people stopped attending.

choirboy 19-09-2014 20:24

Some great comments coming in the posts guys.
I have just watched Coley's interview on the 'Fishy' site and I really liked what I was hearing........
Honest, realistic but above all else...PASSIONATE!!!!:):):)

Let's all look forward with relish to some passion returning to Stanley.
Come on all ULTRAS ........get behind Coley, Jimmy and the team....:theband:
ON STANLEY ON:alright:

choirboy 19-09-2014 21:05

Good luck to John, Jimmy and the team tomorrow....:alright:

3 points will be a great start....:theband:

VALAIRIAN 20-09-2014 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1117940)
Some great comments coming in the posts guys.
I have just watched Coley's interview on the 'Fishy' site and I really liked what I was hearing........
Honest, realistic but above all else...PASSIONATE!!!!:):):)

Let's all look forward with relish to some passion returning to Stanley.
Come on all ULTRAS ........get behind Coley, Jimmy and the team....:theband:
ON STANLEY ON:alright:

Agree Choirboy, great interview and he had a look of hunger about him :)

yerself 20-09-2014 12:35

I can't believe this. What are they trying to say about our new manager and his assistant. :rolleyes:

boards.ie - View Single Post - Sligo Rovers

Revived Red 20-09-2014 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1118008)
he had a look of hunger about him :)

No Hollands pies in Sligo?:rolleyes:

Willie Miller 03-01-2020 23:01

And another promotion eh?

All Hail the King

DAV007 04-01-2020 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1117652)
Go back to your dump town near Manchester,
Super John Coleman will be taking us up to league 1 while you scallies will be heading back to the conference.

Stanley we back!

DAV007 believed

Alvin the chipmunk 04-01-2020 10:25

If people listened to forums we’d be at home to Nelson this weekend with Beattie as chairman and James Gray as captain. 😂

Four promotions
Beating Burnley and Preston
Copious trophies
Third tier football
First ever FL promotion
Record post reformation gates
From looking up to Morecambe to one league below Blackburn
From Osset and Flixton to Sunderland and Ipswich

AccyWeb: “Useless and lucky.” 😂

Chimer 04-01-2020 12:15

I just don't understand why you lot think it's a good idea to try and start a civil war between different groups of Stanley supporters. It's been years since anyone on here criticised JC over anything other than day-to-day selection or substitutions, and everyone is fully aware of his record which will almost certainly never be equalled. I accept there are a couple of people around for whom some particular players can do nothing right, which should be an absolute no-no, but they are regularly shouted down, and a forum is surely about opinions, no?

If criticising a manager is not allowed, try looking back to some of your own posts from the interregnum ….

As for "useless and lucky", give me strength …… or quote a post.

Any chance of peace breaking out for the new decade, seeing as the club is in its best shape for 60 years?

cashman 04-01-2020 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1235307)
I just don't understand why you lot think it's a good idea to try and start a civil war between different groups of Stanley supporters. It's been years since anyone on here criticised JC over anything other than day-to-day selection or substitutions, and everyone is fully aware of his record which will almost certainly never be equalled. I accept there are a couple of people around for whom some particular players can do nothing right, which should be an absolute no-no, but they are regularly shouted down, and a forum is surely about opinions, no?

If criticising a manager is not allowed, try looking back to some of your own posts from the interregnum ….

Any chance of peace breaking out for the new decade, seeing as the club is in its best shape for 60 years?

quite correct certain managers were critisised by many who critisise people for calling the present duo, myself i call that arse kissing,

Spartacus2nd 04-01-2020 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1235311)
quite correct certain managers were critisised by many who critisise people for calling the present duo, myself i call that arse kissing,

Paul Cook was criticised for being a) crap and b) a snake. He was both, undeniably, and had never done anything to earn our respect
James Beattie was criticised for being crap, he was, and had never done anything to earn our respect.
Leam Richardson was 'alright' and never got criticised because he was thrown into a job he didnt want and did the best he could

Coleman on the hand, has his flaws but is the only manager in around 40 years that has won silverware. And lots of it. He gets the club. Lives and breathes the club. Loves the club. If kissing arse is paying respect to the person that put this club back in the limelight then i for one will blow raspberries into it. ##stickytongueemojiithingy##

cashman 04-01-2020 16:06

then theres people who talk through there arses as well. i give em respect as anyone who stands with me will verify, also if i see summat i dont agree with i say so, its called telling the truth.

Willie Miller 04-01-2020 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1235307)

Bit melodramatic, it’s just words on the internet.

Just drives me, and obviously quite a lot of old school Accyweb users who never post now, how the forum DOESNT reflect the current vibe around the ground.

We’ve never had it so good, yet there’s an undercurrent, in my opinion, that like the drama of a crisis/bad run

Anyway, I’ll leave ya all to it. Barrow 7 (seven) ??? Messiah better not relegate is now.

DAV007 04-01-2020 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1235326)
Paul Cook was criticised for being a) crap and b) a snake. He was both, undeniably, and had never done anything to earn our respect
James Beattie was criticised for being crap, he was, and had never done anything to earn our respect.
Leam Richardson was 'alright' and never got criticised because he was thrown into a job he didnt want and did the best he could

Coleman on the hand, has his flaws but is the only manager in around 40 years that has won silverware. And lots of it. He gets the club. Lives and breathes the club. Loves the club. If kissing arse is paying respect to the person that put this club back in the limelight then i for one will blow raspberries into it. ##stickytongueemojiithingy##

Incorrect
No one questioned Paul Cooks ability as a manager, he did well and has done very well to end up with the Wigan job.
Not everyone agreed with calling him a snake, a few real fans like DAV007 argued he made the right move for his career and families finances to move on from Stanley when he had the chance.

He is struggling at Wigan this season, they have the lowest chances created which is very poor for Paul Cook as his team's were known for creating opportunities but maybe he has accepted his squad at Wigan isn't good enough for the championship and he has to try and nick points where possible.

cashman 05-01-2020 09:56

Have to disagree Davo, he arrived from sligo, didn.t stop even 1 season sodded of with no feeling at all for our club, so SNAKE will do for me.

Spartacus2nd 05-01-2020 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1235333)
Incorrect
No one questioned Paul Cooks ability as a manager, he did well and has done very well to end up with the Wigan job.
Not everyone agreed with calling him a snake, a few real fans like DAV007 argued he made the right move for his career and families finances to move on from Stanley when he had the chance.

He is struggling at Wigan this season, they have the lowest chances created which is very poor for Paul Cook as his team's were known for creating opportunities but maybe he has accepted his squad at Wigan isn't good enough for the championship and he has to try and nick points where possible.

No one questioned him? He was terrible!!!!

I personall didnt 'mind' terrible, he had some qualities, but what got my goat was that HE implemented a policy of buy n develop youngsters. Nowt wrong with it in principle, a necessary evil here, but he brought a young inexperienced squad together THEN he bogged off straight away! Worse to follow was that he immediately circled for what was left of our experience, took Boco, tried to get Deano, tried to take Leam straightaway then came back for him at the end of the season. THAT is why he was a snake.