Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Home game v Morecambe (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/home-game-v-morecambe-66684.html)

Swansea Jack 20-10-2014 21:31

Home game v Morecambe

Hi, I'm a Swansea fan and I'm in Liverpool for our game against Everton on 1/11/14. My wife, 11 year old son and I will be travelling up to your game the night before. Which is the best part of the ground for families and is it best to buy tickets before hand or on the night? Also, what's parking like - is there street parking?

Chubbyman 20-10-2014 21:39

Re: Home game v Morecambe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swansea Jack (Post 1121518)
Hi, I'm a Swansea fan and I'm in Liverpool for our game against Everton on 1/11/14. My wife, 11 year old son and I will be travelling up to your game the night before. Which is the best part of the ground for families and is it best to buy tickets before hand or on the night? Also, what's parking like - is there street parking?

I think our famous Mr T will answer all your points

stanleyticketing 20-10-2014 22:27

Hello Swansea Jack,

Our Jack Barrett Memorial Stand is our recognised family stand but if you wish to experience something different I certainly would suggest the Sophia Khan Stand (Clayton End) . This is a half standing and half seating stand which give you the choice.

Tickets are just pay on the turnstile on the night and if you wish to park there is a small charge on the local Accrington Amateurs pitches next to the ground on Livingstone Road.

Home you enjoy your visit and feel free to nip into our club store and make yourself know to any member of staff I'm sure they will make you feel extremely welcome.

Swansea Jack 21-10-2014 18:53

Is the Sophia khan stand the home of the Stanley ultras. If so we may go in there. Sad, but true, my son has never stood on a terrace to watch a match and after driving from South Wales I'll probably feel like stretching my legs. When my son goes to football training he loves wearing football gear nobody else wears (his wardrobe is full of kit from obscure Icelandic and danish teams etc)......so a trip to the club shop is a must. As it's a derby game so I'm looking forward to it even more. Cheers and "up the Stanley".

stanleyhouse 21-10-2014 21:44

Under 12s are free if in Halloween fancy dress for the morecambe match.

AccyMad 21-10-2014 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1121658)
Under 12s are free if in Halloween fancy dress for the morecambe match.

Only under 12's? And there was I busy planning my fancy dress costume - not gonna bother now :rolleyes:

Shrimpster 21-10-2014 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swansea Jack (Post 1121638)
When my son goes to football training he loves wearing football gear nobody else wears, so a trip to the club shop is a must.

:rofl38:

andyd 22-10-2014 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimpster (Post 1121668)

Get a life can,t wait to play your horrible hostile club and fans and take 3 points.

Exile on Spencer St 22-10-2014 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swansea Jack (Post 1121518)
Also, what's parking like - is there street parking?

As someone said, you can pay to park but there is street parking around the ground. Hope you enjoy your visit, Swansea Jack.

AccyMad 22-10-2014 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimpster (Post 1121668)

Laugh all you want mate, question is how many kids will be seen around Swansea wearing a Morecambe shirt - answer, 1 less than will be seen wearing a Stanley one :p

smobile 22-10-2014 08:02

It's that grim, even Eric Morecambe's statue tried to escape the other week.

Chubbyman 22-10-2014 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1121689)
It's that grim, even Eric Morecambe's statue tried to escape the other week.

Foot loose and fancy free !!

Swansea Jack 22-10-2014 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1121688)
Laugh all you want mate, question is how many kids will be seen around Swansea wearing a Morecambe shirt - answer, 1 less than will be seen wearing a Stanley one :p

I wasn't being disrespectful. There'd simply be no reason for any child to have anything other than swansea shirts (with the exception of the odd barca, Madrid or Man utd chucked in). There will now be an accrington Stanley shirt at his training.....and certainly nothing with morecambe on it.

deeayess 22-10-2014 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swansea Jack (Post 1121713)
I wasn't being disrespectful. There'd simply be no reason for any child to have anything other than swansea shirts (with the exception of the odd barca, Madrid or Man utd chucked in). There will now be an accrington Stanley shirt at his training.....and certainly nothing with morecambe on it.

I'm sure no one took it that way. I'd guess it was aimed at the Morecambe fan.

It may be worthwhile checking the shop have one his size to avoid disappointment.

AccyMad 22-10-2014 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swansea Jack (Post 1121713)

I certainly didn't think you were being disrespectful, the jibe was definitely aimed at the Morecambe fan who thought that your comment was hilarious - we'll see who's laughing a week on Friday when we take the first installment of our guaranteed 6 points from the Shrimps.
Hope you & your son enjoy the game, should be a cracking atmosphere.