Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Glasses - half-full, half-empty, rose-coloured? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/glasses-half-full-half-empty-rose-coloured-66716.html)

Chimer 01-11-2014 13:38

Glasses - half-full, half-empty, rose-coloured?

So, as we won't be eating our fingernails this afternoon, what are we hoping for by way of results? For example:

Pompey v Carlisle: Carlisle, so Pompey stay below us, or Pompey, so Carlisle stay well below us?

Bury v Cambridge: Bury, so Cambridge stay below us, or Cambridge, so Bury stay not too far ahead?

I think a glass half-full chap or chapess would go for Carlisle and Cambridge, while the half-empties would go the other way.

Which are you :confused:

Chubbyman 01-11-2014 14:04

Re: Glasses - half-full, half-empty, rose-coloured?

If we're pushing for the playoffs anyone ahead of us would be better off losing.Accy have a strong squad and need to fear no one in this league.All I would like to see is when we go in front to go for the throat and kill the opposition off ,but we tend to sit back and we're not the best at it ,keep the ball on the ground and play football and as I say we have no one to fear and probably have the best pitch in the league a credit to Buzzer.

Chimer 01-11-2014 14:22

Three-quarters full at least Chubby!

VALAIRIAN 01-11-2014 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbyman (Post 1122683)
If we're pushing for the playoffs anyone ahead of us would be better off losing.Accy have a strong squad and need to fear no one in this league.All I would like to see is when we go in front to go for the throat and kill the opposition off ,but we tend to sit back and we're not the best at it ,keep the ball on the ground and play football and as I say we have no one to fear and probably have the best pitch in the league a credit to Buzzer.

2-0 Up on 10 minutes and we battered Morecambe for the next 35. Should have been at least 4 up at halftime, if that is not going for the kill matey, I do not know what is :)

Best footy I have seen in ages - just my opinion :) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 01-11-2014 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1122682)
So, as we won't be eating our fingernails this afternoon, what are we hoping for by way of results? For example:

Pompey v Carlisle: Carlisle, so Pompey stay below us, or Pompey, so Carlisle stay well below us?

Bury v Cambridge: Bury, so Cambridge stay below us, or Cambridge, so Bury stay not too far ahead?

I think a glass half-full chap or chapess would go for Carlisle and Cambridge, while the half-empties would go the other way.

Which are you :confused:

Not bothered either way, all we can affect is our own games ;)

:) :) :)

Bet you are suprized to hear that :D

Chubbyman 01-11-2014 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1122687)
2-0 Up on 10 minutes and we battered Morecambe for the next 35. Should have been at least 4 up at halftime, if that is not going for the kill matey, I do not know what is :)

Best footy I have seen in ages - just my opinion :) :) :)

It wasn't carried on the same in the second half ,Stanley sat back a lot that's not going for the kill!!!(Like you it's just my opinion)

football19 01-11-2014 15:40

Always been an "half full glass" bloke ------ only another 27 points to avoid relegation :)

Outback Ozzy 02-11-2014 12:10

Don't care really, but yesterdays results didn't do the Stanley any harm at all. Still top half of the table and not too far behind the play offs!