Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wycombe match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wycombe-match-thread-66863.html)

Exile on Spencer St 20-12-2014 12:07

Wycombe match thread

Ainsworth was at Yeovil on Tuesday, so can we expect his players to also lunge at and harry Stanley to disrupt their game? If so, it may be interesting to see if a 'premier league' ref makes a difference to the outcome this time.
Will Jacobson and Murphy be on their game?
Even more importantly, will Mr.Murphy Snr remember to stand on the Coppice end?

cashman 20-12-2014 12:13

Re: Wycombe match thread

What concerned me a bit about this ref, Has he been demoted fer being crap or what?:confused: Cos we've sure had some real clowns this season.

LongLostSon 20-12-2014 13:49

for the second match running I can't log on to Dan's comm. because demand exceeds capacity set by the host. Anyone else with the same problem ? - will only be around to catch the second half but looking like auntie beeb will have to do.

teach 20-12-2014 13:56

I have the same problem too.

nige b 20-12-2014 14:18

me too, surely there can't be that many on luckily got radio commentary, unluckily we're getting battered!

dabeast 20-12-2014 14:34

Accy Stanley Twitter has some text comm, but also says no text comm on fishy site today hence the message...

dabeast 20-12-2014 14:35

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASFCofficial for the twitter comm

dabeast 20-12-2014 15:16

1-1 Maguire!

Exile on Spencer St 20-12-2014 16:13

Good point against the league leaders and hot shots. Some bold changes by Professor Coleman. Well done to all, including the 1,100+ true Stanley fans.

cashman 20-12-2014 16:20

Good point imho, against the best side ive seen at the crown this season, First half Wycombe mollered us, dunno what was said at half time, but a different Stanley came out second half, Reckon the Wycombe fans left happy with a point, Great credit to the lads.:)

Chimer 20-12-2014 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1126861)
What concerned me a bit about this ref, Has he been demoted fer being crap or what?:confused: Cos we've sure had some real clowns this season.

According to the Beeb, he's been injured since his last game - last season's FA Cup final! Hope he liked the officials' changing room .......:D

Good result the way Wycombe are going this season :)

Redraine 20-12-2014 16:30

Agree with that Cashy, though I can't believe you haven't commented on the ref., which is unlike you! I never do so but that ex Premier reject was the worst I've seen for a while. He let all their rugby tackles go but booked Jonno for giving as good as he was getting for the same thing, and booked our players for straightforward strong ball winning tackles. Aldred and Atkinson were immense again. But for their goalie pulling off a couple of stunning saves late on we would have had the 3 points.

cashman 20-12-2014 16:37

It was just the norm, the liner on cowshed was even worse.;) I'm convinced our crap facilities contribute in some way,to these decisions by officials.

andyd 20-12-2014 16:40

Good game today in difficult conditions 5 changes to any team is hard to take and it showed first half against a very well organized team unit, 2nd half we got into our stride and could have
won it but I,ll take a point special mention to Luke Simpson stepped in and 2 half had an excellent game and produced a marvellous save to keep us in it.

cashman 20-12-2014 16:44

With games coming thick n fast oer xmas, i'm happy we got such a good squad this season.:)