Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Friday Night Footy..... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/friday-night-footy-67058.html)

VALAIRIAN 15-02-2015 11:33

Friday Night Footy.....

.... is back this week :)

A chance for us to continue our winning ways and also put pressure on the others who will be playing on Saturday :)

Only other game is at Wigan - so apart from F19 - there is a chance to get a few 'neutrals' down to Stanley and show them what they are missing ;)

Usually a great atmosphere on Fridays and this should be no exception :)

Anything less than a defeat and we will be into the 40 points :)

TOGETHERWEARESTANLEY

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

cashman 15-02-2015 11:48

Re: Friday Night Footy.....

I love night football, understand it can be awkward fer some due to work commitments, Think we may run riot friday night n a declaration is not outa bounds.:D

deeayess 15-02-2015 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1133429)
I love night football, understand it can be awkward fer some due to work commitments, Think we may run riot friday night n a declaration is not outa bounds.:D

Unfortunately I am stuck with the work commitments but, as you say, this is a game we could and should run riot in. Teams near the bottom are the ones we should be beating and taking a few goals off. A good crowd creating a good atmosphere cheering the team on should produce a good performance on the park.

Is the 5 match flexi offer still on because if it is then it's a bargain for small groups. 4 people are a fiver better off and an extra ticket with the offer than all paying seperately and 5 people save £25 in total so if it's still going then go for it :D

accybeme 15-02-2015 13:31

Gornell can repay Cheltenham them for their vote of confidence in him and take us past our old friends at Morecambe who are 3-1 down to Daggers today

VALAIRIAN 15-02-2015 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1133432)
Unfortunately I am stuck with the work commitments but, as you say, this is a game we could and should run riot in. Teams near the bottom are the ones we should be beating and taking a few goals off. A good crowd creating a good atmosphere cheering the team on should produce a good performance on the park.

Is the 5 match flexi offer still on because if it is then it's a bargain for small groups. 4 people are a fiver better off and an extra ticket with the offer than all paying seperately and 5 people save £25 in total so if it's still going then go for it :D

Still on :)

cashman 15-02-2015 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1133443)
Gornell can repay Cheltenham them for their vote of confidence in him and take us past our old friends at Morecambe who are 3-1 down to Daggers today

Daggers won 3-2 so its looking very promising.:)

choirboy 15-02-2015 16:42

Great call Valarian for a "Big Push" for Friday night's match!:thumbsup:
After two superb results against Oxford and Southend, friday night against Cheltenham is a super opportunity to continue our revival.:cheers:
I would encourage everyone to get as many friends, family and strangers off the street to come and support the STANLEY.
:
:smack::drunk::smoky::clown::kill::wave:
It would be superb if we could organise a BIG SHOW OF FLAGS from THE ULTRAS on the CLAYTON END too. I really do feel that this makes a big difference to the players especially at the start of the match and when coming back onto the pitch for the second half.:theband:
If we beat Cheltenham then we could also go above our Lancashire rivals from up the coast too!:gooddog::tongueout
So come on ONE and ALL. Get behind the team and John and Jimmy and cheer and shout and sing our team to an ever higher position in the division.:theband:
ON STANLEY ON:wave8::drink::laugh8::alc::thumbsup:

DAV007 16-02-2015 16:42

Lets hope Beattie gets the Cheltenham job before Friday!

mab 16-02-2015 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1133524)

:(:( why do you have to start on this thread :(:( Just let it go please :(:(

smudgie 16-02-2015 17:04

Looking forward to this on, my first game in a few week.......

If I'm not banned first. :s

smudgie 16-02-2015 17:05

Ignore the ****** Mab.

VALAIRIAN 16-02-2015 17:12

The Club are hoping to run a promotion for this one, just waiting for some last minute confirmation, will post up when sorted :)

mab 16-02-2015 17:30

:) Lets get at em from the off and put them on the back foot :) Hopefully we'll get a decent crowd in:)

cashman 16-02-2015 17:32

Quote:

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

AccyMad 16-02-2015 17:57

Quote:

I knew you missed him really :rolleyes:

DAV007 16-02-2015 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1133525)
:(:( why do you have to start on this thread :(:( Just let it go please :(:(

Mab,
you took that the wrong way.

cashman 16-02-2015 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1133546)
Mab,
you took that the wrong way.

This must be some kinda record?? Fer once i agree wi yeh.:hehetable ask me friday night n i'll explain mab.

DAV007 16-02-2015 21:56

haha,

as mab wants to be negative, i found this interesting read

Carlisle United FC Forum | TheCumbrians.Net

mab 16-02-2015 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1133558)
haha,

as mab wants to be negative, i found this interesting read

Carlisle United FC Forum | TheCumbrians.Net

You happy with your self now you've finally got to the bottom of the truth and you call me negative ,just let it go

DAV007 16-02-2015 22:36

mab,
my original post was positive, hoping he found a new job and that it would be nice to welcome him back.

Instead, you turned it into a negative.
Its as if some people on this forum go out of their way to find something to be offended.

Maccawasagod is right, this forum is suffering.
Im contemplating leaving the forum, but fear it would get even worse if people who love the club left.

If it wasnt for constructive fans like football19, baldy, valarain, chubbyman and cashman I would have walked long ago.

yonmon 16-02-2015 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1133561)
mab,
my original post was positive, hoping he found a new job and that it would be nice to welcome him bac

If it wasnt for constructive fans like football19, baldy, valarain, chubbyman and cashman I would have walked long ago.

:bleedht:.... How fickle can a man be Davo ?, just when I'd built myself up to be your Fan of the Year 2015, you cast me aside like a worn shoe !....

DAV007 16-02-2015 22:52

haha

and yonmon!

http://www.mojlyrics.com/article_ima...f-the-year.jpg

yonmon 17-02-2015 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1133563)

Not impressed by this doubtful image posted to curry favour !......curried favour is, by the way, delicious with a slice of humble pie. !!.

Is the rather villainous looking character in the image really you ?....matches my imagined impression to a T !!.

yonmon 17-02-2015 07:55

Dav !..I'm not impressed one little bit by this pictorial effort to curry favour !...Curried Favour is,by then way, delicious with a slice of Humble Pie !..

Incidentally, is the rather villainous looking character in the image actually you ?.....if so it matches completely my imagined impression !....strange that !.

lancsdave 17-02-2015 07:58

Quote:

They have already appointed a manager until the end of the season

cashman 17-02-2015 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1133576)
They have already appointed a manager until the end of the season

That could work both ways, hope its in our interest.;)

yonmon 17-02-2015 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1133577)
That could work both ways, hope its in our interest.;)

Watched his brief interview on FLS following their home defeat at the hands of Bury !...although he was "proud of his lads !" , he didn't sound convinced...but as we know appearances can be misleading !.
I only hope that the complacency which now and then mars a performance from the Reds doesn't kick in on Friday evening !.

Reamer 17-02-2015 08:52

I noticed a little bit of thread wandering here and thought it was gonna descend into a hatchet war but Yonmon (senior member) has very skillfully steered it back on course ;)

Exile on Spencer St 17-02-2015 08:53

Just hope we don't get another disgraceful downpour on Friday that upsets Somerset's record keeping.

deeayess 18-02-2015 18:01

I see the special offer is on the website now Cheltenham & Burton ticket offer ? Accrington Stanley FC

A good offer if the flexiticket offer is no good to you

DAV007 18-02-2015 19:40

The weather forecast for friday is for rain; As its Accrington it will be torrential rain.

Is there any possibility of the game being called off?
I presume it was dry up in Accy today?

cashman 18-02-2015 20:05

Its certainly been dry today, no good me predicting weather, I thought the last un postponed would defo be on.:o Michal Fish has sod all on me.:D

Crown Grounder 18-02-2015 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1133764)
The weather forecast for friday is for rain; As its Accrington it will be torrential rain.

Is there any possibility of the game being called off?
I presume it was dry up in Accy today?

BBC Weather I'm looking at for Friday shows dry all day. With rain all day Thursday until 5pm. If that's the case there won't be a problem with the game being played on Friday. Let's hope the forecast is accurate.

lancsdave 18-02-2015 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1133773)
BBC Weather I'm looking at for Friday shows dry all day. With rain all day Thursday until 5pm. If that's the case there won't be a problem with the game being played on Friday. Let's hope the forecast is accurate.

I was talking to Buzzer today and he doesn't anticipate any issues according to the forecast, and the pitch is in good nick.

DAV007 18-02-2015 21:19

the pitch has been excellent for the past 2 seasons.

cashman 18-02-2015 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1133778)
the pitch has been excellent for the past 2 seasons.

That certainly was one good thing the snake was responsible for.

accybeme 19-02-2015 10:19

team for Friday with Bruna Conneely Gornell coming into the squad, any formation would not surprise Conneely has been used as C/B R/B L/B
To me these 7 look nailed on but what do you think
-------------Davies
?-------Winnard------Atkinson------?
-----Joyce---------------Proctor
--Mingoia---------?---------?
----------Gornell

cashman 19-02-2015 10:50

Plus Liddle Windass,Bruna, possibly Coneelly

accybeme 20-02-2015 18:14

looking at next 6 matches points may be difficult (Burton home) (Luton away) (Shewsbury home) (Pompy home) (Burton away) (Wycombe away) so three points tonight is highly disirable with Cheltenham also desperate for points this could also be a tough match

Reamer 21-02-2015 11:31

Well with just one remaining Friday night game left, I have to say I'm not a great fan. Whilst I'm all for trying different things to raise revenue for the club I can't see any improvement in attendances as a result and I prefer the traditional saturday games. Last night's crowd was 1216 and the corresponding fixture last season albeit in August (24-08-14) drew a crowd of 1224. Perhaps someone at the club could provide some feedback on how they see it since they will have a better idea of the attractions than I and also if ticket offers at the time of these fixtures have a beneficial impact

cashman 21-02-2015 13:37

Well with just 8 different from last August, I reckon financially wi the increase n given a cold evening, Stanley are obviously better off than last year?

Reamer 21-02-2015 15:17

You may be right, Cashy, but we're guessing. That's why I think the club should say wether the friday switches are helping the club or not and if they intend to stick with em for next season. I know some people were disappointed to have some fixtures changed after they had got their season tickets and need to decide if a flexi ticket would be better next time round.

cashman 21-02-2015 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reamer (Post 1134060)
You may be right, Cashy, but we're guessing. That's why I think the club should say wether the friday switches are helping the club or not and if they intend to stick with em for next season. I know some people were disappointed to have some fixtures changed after they had got their season tickets and need to decide if a flexi ticket would be better next time round.

Have to agree wi that, I know a guy who for bus reasons cant get here for night games, certainly taxis aint n option for him, so good reason for that info.

VALAIRIAN 21-02-2015 16:40

I would say that the Club will continue to play Friday games next season :)

Reamer 21-02-2015 23:34

Is this an 'official' response, Valairian ? and if so will the number of friday games be roughly the same next season as this season or is the intention to increase them ?

VALAIRIAN 22-02-2015 13:03

I would say that the Club will play around the same number next season :)

Redraine 22-02-2015 17:18

Can't see why. Bad idea for me. I hate having to watch rivals make up ground on us on Final Score. We must lose much more Saturday revenue from away fans than we gain from Friday walk ons.

Tin Monkey 22-02-2015 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1134146)
Can't see why. Bad idea for me. I hate having to watch rivals make up ground on us on Final Score. We must lose much more Saturday revenue from away fans than we gain from Friday walk ons.

Especially at £20 a go. I'm sure that 'walk ons' must think very hard before walking on nowadays.

cashman 22-02-2015 19:10

Well there was only 8 difference between last seasons Sat in August, to Friday night, Explain that? cos i certainly can't. Would be interesting to know how many away fans came on those 2 dates?

VALAIRIAN 22-02-2015 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1134161)
Well there was only 8 difference between last seasons Sat in August, to Friday night, Explain that? cos i certainly can't. Would be interesting to know how many away fans came on those 2 dates?

Re: V Cheltenham Town Guess The Gate 20/02/2015
Friday nights Attendance for the home visit of the Robins ATT 1216 Which includes 139 Cheltenham fans Congratulations go to Rivived Red who guessed 1220 and is the nearist RR wins a Signed TeamSheet and the Match Day Programme pm sent

Re: V Cheltenham Town Guess The Gate 24/08/2013
Todys Attendance at the Store First Stadium ATT 1224 Which includes 115 Cheltenham fans Congratulations go to Stevie R who guessed 1212 and is the nearist Stevie R wins a signed TeamSheet a £5 StanleyStore gift voucher and todays Match Programme pm sent

Think these are the figures, somebody would need to check :)

cashman 22-02-2015 19:35

Well if those figure are correct, then was more home fans last friday.

mab 22-02-2015 21:49

:) Away fan stats are correct !! Home fans stats are down on last season corrosponding fixture 24/08/13 1109 home fans and this season fixture 1077 down by 32 althou the away support was up by 24 :)

Redraine 22-02-2015 22:24

Nothing in those figures to justify the extra cost of electricity for the floodlights or my freezing feet!

mab 22-02-2015 23:02

Winng games is the only way to attract bigger crowds specialy at home