Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Hunt (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/hunt-67283.html)

VALAIRIAN 21-04-2015 15:03

Hunt

1 game ban.

Hunt ban reduced ? Accrington Stanley FC

accybeme 21-04-2015 15:28

Re: Hunt

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1139370)

if the FA considered it not to be a straight red card offence,
then one would assume it would have been reduced to a yellow and no ban incurred

lancsdave 21-04-2015 15:30

So effectively he has had a 2 match ban

Mr T 21-04-2015 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1139376)
So effectively he has had a 2 match ban

No as per Joe's reply; Nicky will miss Daggers only. Available for selection for Mansfileld

AccyMad 21-04-2015 16:36

Whoosshhhh!! ��

accybeme 21-04-2015 17:14

lancsdave http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...s/viewpost.gif So effectively he has had a 2 match ban

MR T
No as per Joe's reply; Nicky will miss Daggers only. Available for selection for Mansfileld

I think its pretty obvious that the two match ban that lancsdave was referring to was the 88mins missed against Stevenage plus the daggers game

VALAIRIAN 21-04-2015 17:19

Well I missed that :o

:) :) :)

Redraine 21-04-2015 18:18

I can't get my head round this appeal judgement. Whilst welcoming the decision to repeal the 3 game ban, as Accybeme says if it was deemed not to be a red card offence and if two yellows = a red and 1 game ban, then the appeals panel or whoever made this judgement are implying the ref was wrong to send Hunt off and his punishment should only have been a yellow. On its own this does not warrant any suspension at all and It seems to be just a fudge to protect the ref from being sanctioned. Perhaps someone with a greater knowledge of the rules can enlighten me, but what if this had been the last game of the season and Stanley had needed the 3 points to avoid relegation? The ref would have been lucky to get out alive! Should not he be punished, or am I being naive?

Mr T 21-04-2015 18:36

Arrgh;

Missed the point from LD:rolleyes:

We could have gone for the "got it wrong" BUT after reveiwing the footage from numerous angles did Nicky do nowt??

We were advised to take a certain course of action; why refuse wise advice??:confused:

Coley spoke at length to the Ref post match; suspect they agreed to differ!!:)

Exile on Spencer St 21-04-2015 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1139392)
?..Should not he (the ref) be punished, or am I being naive?

Yes to both.:rolleyes:

choirboy 22-04-2015 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1139392)
.....and It seems to be just a fudge to protect the ref from being sanctioned. Should not he be punished, or am I being naive?

Mike.......That referee :dummy2: is so bad that he should be 'SECTIONED' not sanctioned!:D
ps Good that the ban was reduced but should only have been a booking each for both Hunt and the Stevenage 'numpty' at worst!

choirboy 22-04-2015 09:12

Just looked back at the BBC Sport 'Stats' for the match.....
Stanley were given ONE RED and THREE YELLOW cards for only 8 FOULS committed.
Stevenage had NO CARDS at all but committed 12 FOULS.....:idunno:
Referee...???:dummy2::dummy2::dummy2:

AccyMad 22-04-2015 10:00

Apparently the ref only has a couple more matches to go before he retires - shame he hadn't retired before Saturday's game :rolleyes:

accybeme 22-04-2015 14:57

who would want to be Ref. anyway, I always see the infringements committed against our team, but tend to overlook the ones committed by our team against the opposition, I suppose that's why I get the impression that the Ref's at our games are always for the other side.
That said I'm sure the Ref. we had against Stevenage was totally inept.

Exile on Spencer St 22-04-2015 15:25

There's an interesting piece here that may explain a few things about referees.
Psychologists Uncover It's the Referees, Not the Players, Who Might Secure Soccer World Cup Victory*|*Dr Raj Persaud

The following are extracts that I found of most relevance to Stanley:
Psychological research demonstrates crowd influence, or noise, could contribute to the famous 'home advantage' in sports, by influencing referees' decision making….One of the most recent scientific investigations of referees being influenced by crowds is a study entitled, Improved training of football referees and the decline in home advantage post-World War 2, uncovering evidence that referee training appears crucial in resisting crowd influence.
The study, recently published in the journal, Psychology of Sport and Exercise, found a new decline in 'Home Advantage' in a number of professional soccer leagues in the UK, since World War 2. The authors of the study, Alan Nevill, Tom Webb and Adam Watts, uncovered the sharpest decline in Home Advantage was observed in matches attended by smaller crowds.
The steepest rate of lessening in soccer 'Home Advantage' over the last few decades was observed in Division 2, ..…smaller crowds attending matches in the lower divisions, appear to have less influence on the referees' decision to favour the home side.

Where are those b****y drums when you need them?