Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   ASFC Football League dream team (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/asfc-football-league-dream-team-67297.html)

Dan 27-04-2015 19:31

ASFC Football League dream team

Hi all
As part of what's being planned for marking a tenth consecutive Football League season we want to try to pick a Football League XI from supporters' suggestions.

So, who would make your dream Stanley team of players from 2006 until the present? Only rules are they must have played for the club in the Football League and you have to pick one goalkeeper, four defenders, four midfielders and two forwards.

Maybe Maccawozzagod can help out with some Football League era stats?

Anyway, let the debate begin!

Revived Red 27-04-2015 20:06

Re: ASFC Football League dream team

Here goes:

Elliot

Edwards Aldred Atkinson Richardson

Ryan Joyce Procter Roberts

Mullin Boco

Stanleymad 27-04-2015 21:09

I'm sure Elliot is conference not league RR

Red-Osbornello 27-04-2015 21:10

Arthur

Edwards Aldred Hessey Jacobson

Todd Ryan Procter Roberts

Mullin D'Sane

Red-Osbornello 27-04-2015 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 1139746)
I'm sure Elliot is conference not league RR

He played early on in the first season in the league too.

Stanleymad 27-04-2015 21:12

Did he ? He must of only played a few games at start then oh well I will stand corrected, I thought he left before league season started.

Mr T 27-04-2015 21:14

Rob was signed to play in FL; form a distant memory Bavs was No 1:)

chevyfire 27-04-2015 21:16

Ian Dunbavin

Lee molyneux phil Edwards tom aldred joeJacobsen

Gary Roberts, Andy Todd, Andy proctor, ian craney

Romi boco, Paul mullin

Sub's

Alex cisak,
Peter cavanagh
Dean winnard
Ian Craney
Bobby grant
A. Linganzi

Some of the above may not have been the most talented(some have been)to play for the club but all have contributed heavily to us achieving 10 years in the football league.

Revived Red 27-04-2015 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 1139749)
Did he ? He must of only played a few games at start then oh well I will stand corrected, I thought he left before league season started.

Watford v Stanley, 19 September 2006. Score 0-0 after 90 minutes and extra time. Bavs had been absolutely superb. Penalties. For a reason best known only to himself, Coleman took off Bavs and replaced him with Rob Elliot. Watford won 6 - 5 on penalties.

deeayess 27-04-2015 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1139756)
Watford v Stanley, 19 September 2006. Score 0-0 after 90 minutes and extra time. Bavs had been absolutely superb. Penalties. For a reason best known only to himself, Coleman took off Bavs and replaced him with Rob Elliot. Watford won 6 - 5 on penalties.

Swapping keepers for penalties was a tactic which worked in the FA cup match v Bournemouth in 2003. I watched that one on TV thinking what's he doing but it seemed to work on the night.

Chimer 27-04-2015 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1139756)

Beat me to it. What a night!!

Dunbavin;
Richardson, Proctor, Aldred, Hunt;
Joyce, Murphy, Molyneux;
Mingoia, Mullin, Grant.

chevyfire 27-04-2015 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyfire (Post 1139751)
Ian Dunbavin

Lee molyneux phil Edwards tom aldred joeJacobsen

Gary Roberts, Andy Todd, Andy proctor, ian craney

Romi boco, Paul mullin

Sub's

Alex cisak,
Peter cavanagh
Dean winnard
Ian Craney
Bobby grant
A. Linganzi

Some of the above may not have been the most talented(some have been)to play for the club but all have contributed heavily to us achieving 10 years in the football league.

Thinking about my team. I feel bad leaving out many other important contributing players we have had since the return to the football league. I could easily name a good 25 man squad never mind 11.

Exile on Spencer St 28-04-2015 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyfire (Post 1139763)
Thinking about my team. I feel bad leaving out many other important contributing players we have had since the return to the football league. I could easily name a good 25 man squad never mind 11.

Yes, but you've seem to have Craney in the team and on the bench, so you've room for one more.

Revived Red 28-04-2015 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1139760)
Swapping keepers for penalties was a tactic which worked in the FA cup match v Bournemouth in 2003. I watched that one on TV thinking what's he doing but it seemed to work on the night.

It worked only because Bournemouth missed the fourth penalty. Kennedy did not make a save. It was very different at Watford. Bavs had made some tremendous saves that night. Rob Elliot failed to save any of the Watford penalties - one missed and six were scored. We missed one and had one saved.

Despite that, I think Rob Elliot was overall a better keeper than Bavs - but on that particular occasion it was a bad mistake to substitute Bavs.

AccyMad 28-04-2015 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1139765)
Yes, but you've seem to have Craney in the team and on the bench, so you've room for one more.

I bet that's the first time the words 'Ian Craney' & 'room for one more' have been used in the same sentence :p