Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Signings. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/signings-67357.html)

maccawozzagod 05-06-2015 19:30

Re: Signings.

Released by Liverpool
Reinvigorated by Stanley and under 24 = a fee courtesy of Monsieur Bosman.

If he's in demand then play him every week, make him captain and offer a big wage in order to demand a better fee

carpon 05-06-2015 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1142125)
That the only problem with him being on a 1 year deal, He does well and leaves in the summer for next to nout!

Why don't the club structure deals along the lines of offering an initial twelve month deal with the option of inserting a clause to extend the deal by twelve months.... if it is mutually beneficial for both parties ???

I've seen this sort of deal used regularly by other clubs, though how a club structures such a deal would probably be quite complex ???

sherry 05-06-2015 22:24

Maybe the club does - since when are the full details of a signing given out - some things
are personal and private.

smudgie 06-06-2015 06:21

Welcome to the 3 new lads so far.

Especially excited to see young Morgan up front. As others have said was highly rated at Liverpool as a youngster.

monkey hanger 06-06-2015 09:04

welcolm to Stanley to adam morgan. heard he,s from Yeovil if so did he play against us last season. matty pearson also had an article about him in this weeks Keighley news. went to oakbank school the same as tommy lee the chesterfield goalkeeper just a mile or so from me. might bring in one or two more fans from Keighley as I feel lonely.

lancsdave 06-06-2015 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 1142143)
Why don't the club structure deals along the lines of offering an initial twelve month deal with the option of inserting a clause to extend the deal by twelve months.... if it is mutually beneficial for both parties ???

I've seen this sort of deal used regularly by other clubs, though how a club structures such a deal would probably be quite complex ???

There are all sorts of clauses in contracts these days. That's why a lot of the fees are 'undisclosed', a lot of the fees are only ever finalised later when various clauses have been reached, ie number of appearances, call ups for internationals, sell on fees etc. Not many fees are outright these days.

cashman 06-06-2015 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1142166)
There are all sorts of clauses in contracts these days. That's why a lot of the fees are 'undisclosed', a lot of the fees are only ever finalised later when various clauses have been reached, ie number of appearances, call ups for internationals, sell on fees etc. Not many fees are outright these days.

Whilst i agree not many are outright these days, I cannot remember the last time a fee was declared at Stanley? why then do yeh see some at other lowly clubs?

sherry 06-06-2015 12:58

'cause they choose to disclose 'em? :D

MikeA 06-06-2015 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1142165)
welcolm to Stanley to adam morgan. heard he,s from Yeovil if so did he play against us last season.

He didn't; not on the bench either.

cashman 06-06-2015 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry (Post 1142176)
'cause they choose to disclose 'em? :D

Obviously, so it makes me question the difference.

maccawozzagod 06-06-2015 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1142167)
Whilst i agree not many are outright these days, I cannot remember the last time a fee was declared at Stanley? why then do yeh see some at other lowly clubs?

Because we'd whinge about taking paltry offers or we'd accuse the Ivory Towers of corruptness.

People are still asking what happened to all the Brett Ormerod money ...:confused:

Tin Monkey 06-06-2015 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1142165)
might bring in one or two more fans from Keighley as I feel lonely.

No need to be lonely. I'm now a K town resident. Just up in Long Lee.

Pearson was at Halifax with my wife's nephew who was on their YTS scheme. He said that Pearson showed some real promise.

VALAIRIAN 07-06-2015 07:54

How bored am I..... Just noticed that all of Coley's signings for next season have the letters A M O in them.

Wonder if there is a prerequisite?

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 07-06-2015 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 1142189)
No need to be lonely. I'm now a K town resident. Just up in Long Lee.

Pearson was at Halifax with my wife's nephew who was on their YTS scheme. He said that Pearson showed some real promise.

I,m in ingrow if you ever need a lift let me know but you,ll have to share with my wolf dog.

st06nc2 07-06-2015 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1142213)
you,ll have to share with my wolf dog.

Not a nice way to talk about your mother in law ;)