Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Who ate all the pies? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/who-ate-all-the-pies-67634.html)

lancsdave 21-09-2015 19:59

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1150570)
I obviously have less idea than you what goes on, and I appreciate the club probably won't have time to get involved in details like agreeing menus, but other clubs do set them.

I was impressed by Morcambe having that Cross Bay ale in plastic bottles, I'm not sure if any local breweries do the same? :)

I'm guessing Stanley are one of the exceptions who don't do their own catering on the ground.

lancsdave 21-09-2015 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1150569)
An outside caterer stumps up money, to make money, seems to me they aint a patch on the previous uns. people used to enjoy going to the owd uns.

No idea if they are as good as t'others, I don't use em :) You would hope they have some knowledge of what football fans want as opposed to any other outside venture they may have done, otherwise why would you pay to do it. Is a foot long hot dog normal football food ? :)

keep the faith 21-09-2015 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1150572)
No idea if they are as good as t'others, I don't use em :) You would hope they have some knowledge of what football fans want as opposed to any other outside venture they may have done, otherwise why would you pay to do it. Is a foot long hot dog normal football food ? :)

It's more like fairground food than traditional football ground food!

deeayess 21-09-2015 20:17

Pies I can get by without but no Bovril is taking it too far :mad: .

winstanley asfc 22-09-2015 01:22

You can always take your own like i do. Two pies and a full tin of mushy peas on Saturday cost me £1.10 :)

Revived Red 22-09-2015 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1150571)
I'm guessing Stanley are one of the exceptions who don't do their own catering on the ground.

To be honest, Dave, most clubs do contract out the catering. I haven't yet sampled the new catering at the Wham stadium but it sounds to be disappointing. No Bovril - unbelievable!!!

There are some really good catering outlets at League 2 grounds with Bristol Rovers at the top. There are also some great burger vans - Plymouth and Wycombe top my list.

smobile 22-09-2015 09:34

Pie I had at the end of last season was harder than a dogs head, so opted for a foot long hot dog for the Northampton game last month - it was awful.

Still, it speaks volumes for John, Jimmy and the lads if all we're moaning about is the catering. :D

keep the faith 22-09-2015 09:35

The set up we had previous to this season was ideal. We don't want foot long hot dogs or any other fairground fare served up by some miserable old sod who wouldn't give you time of day. The club should take some time to monitor what's going on regarding satisfactory supporters facilities as this contributes to a happy match day experience. The whole idea is to impress any first time supporters or visitors from other clubs who hopefully might want to return. As for the regulars, why should we put up with having to "make do" with what's on offer like it or lump it?
By the way, how do I arrange hand delivered pies? that looks like the best solution.

Exile on Spencer St 22-09-2015 10:35

There can be no complaints about the meat pies or hot dogs at Forest Green Rovers.:rolleyes:

AccyMad 22-09-2015 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstanley asfc (Post 1150581)
You can always take your own like i do. Two pies and a full tin of mushy peas on Saturday cost me £1.10 :)

Go on, I'll probably regret asking but how'd you keep 'em warm till half time??

cashman 22-09-2015 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep the faith (Post 1150588)
The club should take some time to monitor what's going on regarding satisfactory supporters facilities as this contributes to a happy match day experience. The whole idea is to impress any first time supporters or visitors from other clubs who hopefully might want to return. As for the regulars, why should we put up with having to "make do" with what's on offer like it or lump it?

To those who say nowt to do wi the club, suggest yeh read that n reconsider.;)

lancsdave 22-09-2015 13:23

I've just found out that the club have mentioned the lack of pies to the vendors already. The next question to the vendors will be if the pies were on sale and sold out or nothing was done :)

choirboy 22-09-2015 14:27

I like to have a pie but not necessarily every match. It depends if I have missed my lunch becuase I have had to go out with Mrs Choirboy and hold the multiple bags of clothes that she has bought! In winter i occasionally enjoy a cup of Bovril too. :eek:
At the start of the season the new caterers did not have ANY PIES on sale at all.:dflam:
I mentioned this to one of our fna directors and the next home match they had a few for sale. So speaking to the board does work. However, the caterers only seem to have about a dozen pies for sale at The Clayton End and these get 'Gobbled' up before the match starts! I wouldn't touch any sausage,:130: regardless of length, not made by Mrs Choirboy or by my trusty local butcher!
Please can someone therefore get the traditional fayre back on the menu but in sufficient numbers for us to at least have a chance of buying at half time!

keep the faith 22-09-2015 14:37

Mushy peas and gravy too for those who might want it!

Exile on Spencer St 22-09-2015 15:23

Do they sell pre/post match pies in The Crown?