Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Barnet Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/barnet-thread-67680.html)

cashman 10-10-2015 13:40

Barnet Thread

Stanley

33 Mooney
12 Wakefield
02 Pearson
03 Winnard
22 Buxton
07 Mingoia
14 Crooks
28 Conneely
11 McConville
08 Windass
29 Kee

Substitutes

01 Etheridge
04 Barry
06 Proctor
10 Gornell
21 Bruna
25 Goulding
39 Mohamed

Ref: Darren Deadman------------------- Todays lineup, Refs got a good name, very fitting pmsl

cashman 10-10-2015 14:26

Re: Barnet Thread

0-1 Stanley Own Goal Togwell:)

cashman 10-10-2015 14:30

Joss just had one disallowed offside.

cashman 10-10-2015 14:35

1-1:(

yonmon 10-10-2015 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1152204)
1-1:(

Still 1-1 Cashy....and there's only thee an'me !!

baldy 10-10-2015 15:21

McConville!!!!!

cashman 10-10-2015 15:22

aye they all gone to Barnet.:D

cashman 10-10-2015 15:22

2-1 Stanley super sean.:D

Redraine 10-10-2015 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1152206)
McConville!!!!!

That's my boy!!

sherry 10-10-2015 15:25

And me :)

choirboy 10-10-2015 15:28

BBC 'As it stands' table shows us in third place..... one point off the lead!
Come on you REDS:)

Redraine 10-10-2015 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1152211)

Stop it!!!!!!

Alvin the chipmunk 10-10-2015 15:32

Coleman out brigade where are you? Get in Sean lad!!! :) Nosebleed territory as it stands. Hang on!!

cashman 10-10-2015 15:34

Looks like Alvins had a few again.:rolleyes:

choirboy 10-10-2015 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1152211)

Whoops!....spoke too soon! Fourth now!:cool:

Redraine 10-10-2015 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1152217)
Whoops!....spoke too soon! Fourth now!:cool:

Will you ever learn. Superstitious, moi?

Alvin the chipmunk 10-10-2015 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1152216)
Looks like Alvins had a few again.:rolleyes:

Not today unfortunately. However I may crack open a new bottle of Ribena to celebrate should the result remain the same. :) Nervous now McClean on now though... he has a cracking record against us.

Redraine 10-10-2015 15:49

Why are my nerves always shredded at 4.50-ish when we are playing away?

Alvin the chipmunk 10-10-2015 15:50

It's the Stanley way!!!

cashman 10-10-2015 15:56

Thats it 3 PTS in the bag up to 5th:)

choirboy 10-10-2015 15:56

Won 1 - 2
well done Boys!:)

Alvin the chipmunk 10-10-2015 15:57

A point away is a good return. Three is fantastic. Well in Red Men. These are the games where we used to fold after conceding in seasons gone by. A massive three points.

Redraine 10-10-2015 15:57

Thank the Lord! Sorry, Bob.

Kiwi John 10-10-2015 16:11

You beauty !!

VALAIRIAN 10-10-2015 16:35

Really please for Macca. Hope he now starts to play with a bit more freedom :)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 10-10-2015 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk (Post 1152225)
A point away is a good return. Three is fantastic. Well in Red Men. These are the games where we used to fold after conceding in seasons gone by. A massive three points.

Agree mate, thought the exact same thing before the Crawley game :)

Redraine 10-10-2015 16:45

Looking forward to Phil Whalley's report!

Exile on Spencer St 10-10-2015 17:27

Another strong performance from Stanley, fully deserved the points. BBC stats about % possession and shots on/ off goal seem rather dubious. First half Stanley totally bossed things and 'forced' the own goal, but then let Barnet back in with a well taken equaliser. Second half more competitive but Stanley were far superior in ball control and passing. Barnet couldn't hold onto the ball, either from Stanley's pressing or ineptitude. Winner from Mr.McConville was a beauty from a narrow angle, from the right hand side of the box, past the goalie's outstretched hands, and in off the far post.
Biggest impact on the game from Barnet was from their groundsmen - no- one could stay on their feet. The pitch looked good but played like an ice- rink at times. Worrying that some Stanley players didn't appear to change their boots at half time - Mr.Windass missed two good opportunities in both halves by slipping. But he wasn't the only one.
Mohamed came on for Piero and Gornell for Windass. Stanley lost a little of their composure in last ten minutes as Barnet pressed, somewhat desperately.
But lots of good performances at the back again. Mr.Crooks was all over them in the first half and another big-hearted battling performance from Mr.Kee.
Well done to all in the team.

football19 10-10-2015 17:33

Great result and we dominated from start to finish.
Could and should have scored five.
A little over confidence playing from the back got them back in the game but there was only going to be one winner.
Sean's goal was a great finish with only six inches to aim for he didn't disappoint .they resorted to long throw ins and flick ons but we are dug in and carried on playing our passing game.
Lots of great performances with Kee once again leading the line brilliantly.
Crooks was excellent in possession but Connelly just sneaked it,hardly give a ball away all day.
The new lad showed up well when he came on,another asset to a strong squad,happy days !!!!

Phil Whalley 10-10-2015 18:01

Agree with Exile and F19, a relatively non-eventful game settled by a moment of quality from Sean Mc who took the ball on in the inside-right slot and fired home across the keeper and in at the far post. Stanley clearly the better side throughout, Jase hardly troubled, even their goal was down to us gifting them possession outside our box, but to come back in the second-half, get the goal and then control the game through to the end is a clear reflection of the fact that we are a decent side, there is no doubt anymore about this, the table isn't lying. The only question that remains is whether we can maintain this when the bounce of the ball robs us, or when the tougher games knock us back temporarily. On the plus side, there is depth in the squad, and Coley has been here before and knows what he is doing. An interesting winter awaits...

cashman 10-10-2015 18:02

What impression did yeh get of the new lad when he came on?

football19 10-10-2015 18:23

He went up front replacing windass,but went wide when piero came off,he's an experienced lad and looked good. A following of 154,soon be more away than at home ������

Redraine 10-10-2015 18:23

Nice compliments on Barnet's forum-
OnlyBarnet.com - Barnet FC Fans Forum ? View topic - Accy Stanley (Hive) The Semi-Skimmed Match Thread

cashman 10-10-2015 18:47

fair play to barnets fans.:)

Exile on Spencer St 10-10-2015 19:04

Barnet have a great new ground and lots of potential but I was surprised how poor was some of their football. On the tube I asked a fan how many of their team were in the Conference topping side, and was staggered to be told almost all of them! Something must have changed and, from the comments on their web site, it seems to be the manager's instructions.

In answer to Cashy's question, Mr.Mohamed wasn't really on long enough to tell what kind of impact he will have, but he looked quick and looking to get into the game. I think he'll offer a good option for quick counter attacking down the wing particularly if, as it appeared from the warm up, he can use both feet.

Next game away at Plymouth will be a different test than today, that's for sure, but Stanley have no reason to fear any team in this League.

choirboy 10-10-2015 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1152248)

I like the bit by Barnet fan 'Itsmeerc' about Stanley......
"3. Accrington were excellent. They showed us what a 'small team' can do. They kept the ball very well, much less hoofing than us, and were organised at the back. They had a couple of really good midfielders; the number 8, despite falling over about 12 times, and the number 14 were both excellent on the ball and looked dangerous all game." Who is he talking about I wonder????:p

The Bees fans are feeling disappointed, a bit like we did early on last season. To their credit though, they were quite complimentary about the Stanley and our style of football. I noted too from the BBC stats how few fouls we committed in the match!:alright:

Overall a good performance which shows the kind of ruthlesness that we have lacked in the past. Last season we could have easily lost a point or even all three when we needed to defend in those last 10 + 5 minutes!:theband:

Well pleased with the return to getting points after the loss to Oxford last week. Should renew our boys confidence too!:)
ON STANLEY ON
:wave8::signbeer:

deeayess 10-10-2015 20:51

Stats can show anything. For example a few of our shots off target were kick outs from our keeper and the offside goal was offside long before he put it in. However we did look better than them and certainly deserved the points.

Another good away day and a lot more Accy fans than I expected. Hopefully we can keep it going

baldy 11-10-2015 07:20

Made up for Sean, Hopefully he will kick on now!

Barnet 1-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

Revived Red 11-10-2015 07:59

I agree with all that's been said about the game yesterday. But reluctantly I do have to add a slight worry. It's about Jason Mooney who seems to have a reluctance to come off his line to collect through balls. There were too many examples yesterday where defenders were clearly (and rightly) expecting him to come to collect the ball and they were forced to hoof the ball away for a throw-in in order to prevent an attacker nipping in. Time for the goalkeeping coach to earn his keep, methinks.

football19 11-10-2015 11:03

Got to agree RR but I think he got bored with nothing to do and wanted to spice things up :)
He just has to brush up on his decision making,when to come etc.. And maybe his starting position at times is too deep,but I have no doubts at all he will become a top keeper

cashman 11-10-2015 11:21

Have to say, though hes done quite ok, i have always preferred our other keeper, going off what little ive seen.

football19 11-10-2015 12:21

Difficult one that Cashy,both have strengths and weaknesses,as long as they keep pushing each other to greater heights the team will benefit.
Think Mooneys presence gives him the edge at the moment,both still young and learning the game,happy days :)

stanley nick 11-10-2015 12:22

I reckon Jason is work in progress and has done very well in a short space of time
I am with F19 on this, he could become a topl flight keeper , still learning but very encouraging

Chimer 11-10-2015 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1152276)

As an alternative with commentary, Channel 5's Football League Tonight is repeated on Channel 5+24 (Freeview Channel 55) tonight (Sunday) at 9.00 and has JC on as a guest, receiving his Manager of the Month award and sounding as optimistic about things Stanley as any Scouser can about anything :rolleyes:. Worth a watch, noting that the show doesn't seem to be available on Channel 5's i-player equivalent.

Revived Red 11-10-2015 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1152286)
Got to agree RR but I think he got bored with nothing to do and wanted to spice things up :)
He just has to brush up on his decision making,when to come etc.. And maybe his starting position at times is too deep,but I have no doubts at all he will become a top keeper

Agreed. I did notice that Dean had a quiet word (:rolleyes::rolleyes:) with him on a couple of occasions!

football19 11-10-2015 13:13

Just realised nobodies mentioned Bucko who was excellent yesterday,and going forward was different class and marauding forward at every opportunity,exciting but not for the faint hearted when 2-1 up with 5 minutes to go,but great to watch !!!

Outback Ozzy 11-10-2015 13:37

Nice watching JC on Channel 5's football show. I will be happy if they leave us alone to quietly carry on up the league!

Exile on Spencer St 11-10-2015 14:11

Bucko was his usual excellent self and gave Barnet a few lessons in how to attack. I think the back four (or six if you include the two other CBs not playing yesterday) really compliment each other. It's not only Bucko's skill and drive that allows him to go marauding into enemy territory but also the fact that his fellow defenders are pretty solid behind him when he does.

For me, one of the best moments yesterday was very late on, as Barnet were lobbing howitzers into Stanley's goalmouth. Their sub, McLeod, who had come on and was bustling about trying to make a nuisance of himself, went to barge into Mr. Mooney as he plucked another high cross out of the air. Admittedly not one of the biggest players, but McLeod literally bounced off Mooney and onto his backside. The big lad just nonchalantly looked around as if he felt a fly landing on him. :D

MikeA 11-10-2015 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1152276)

HD version and for the antipodeans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LVhwfeJRK4

The crowd look happy!

cashman 11-10-2015 18:15

Well having watched Plymouth beat Notts County 2-0 this aft, i would say if we play to our potential, we will do them as well next sat.:)

Revived Red 11-10-2015 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1152302)
Just realised nobodies mentioned Bucko who was excellent yesterday,and going forward was different class and marauding forward at every opportunity,exciting but not for the faint hearted when 2-1 up with 5 minutes to go,but great to watch !!!

For me, Bucko was Man of the Match. I've just watched the highlights again. The build up for the 2nd goal was fantastic. It typified Stanley's play this season.

monkey hanger 12-10-2015 08:51

having read about barnet bombarding us with long throws we would have let a few in in the past but this side is made of different stuff. 3 more points to make up for the oxford game. as for the goalie issue remember we could have simpson and macey on loan thank god for what we have.

monkey hanger 12-10-2015 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1152303)
Nice watching JC on Channel 5's football show. I will be happy if they leave us alone to quietly carry on up the league!

all publicity helps. might put a few armchair fans up to the crown.

DAV007 13-10-2015 06:49

What was the Hive like?

football19 13-10-2015 10:33

One word Davo, "excellent",nicely laid out ground,good facilities and surrounded with numerous academy and all weather pitches.
For me it had a real community feel about it and the local tube was a short walk away.
Bit jealous really 😃

Revived Red 13-10-2015 11:06

Agree with football19. A great bar specially for away fans. But .... wait for it ...... no pies!!! :eek::eek: I saw a cabinet for Pukka pies - but it was empty. Plenty of foot-long hot dogs although, to be honest, I didn't measure them. Fantastic facilities though. Stewarding was a bit fussy and ott.

yonmon 13-10-2015 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1152405)
Agree with football19. A great bar specially for away fans. But .... wait for it ...... no pies!!! :eek::eek: I saw a cabinet for Pukka pies - but it was empty. Plenty of foot-long hot dogs although, to be honest, I didn't measure them. Fantastic facilities though. Stewarding was a bit fussy and ott.

NO Pies ?????? :stupid:

cashman 13-10-2015 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1152434)
NO Pies ?????? :stupid:

Bit of a blessing considering Pukka are crap.!!:D

Exile on Spencer St 13-10-2015 18:32

I always thought the Council owned Underhill but, apparently, it was the owner of the club who sold it for £30m for housing development and moved Barnet FC to The Hive. As F19 and RR have said, the new facilities are impressive. Nothing too over the top but more than enough for Leagues 1&2, with plenty of scope for expansion. No near neighbours to moan about balls through the conservatory windows, lots of room around the stadium, and excellent tube link on the Jubilee line.
Away fans have their own snack outlet and indoor bar, with TV, and decent bogs. Despite all that, it obviously ruined one guy's day (possibly his entire year, the way he was carrying on over it) because there were no onions with his burger! :eek:
Clearly, the rancour from the "who ate all the pies" thread is starting to spread beyond the Accyweb.