Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   FA Cup draw Mon 26th (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/fa-cup-draw-mon-26th-67700.html)

accybeme 20-10-2015 14:47

FA Cup draw Mon 26th

with the team looking good this season, I'm hoping for a money making spin for the club, can hardly wait to see who our fist opponents will be and wondering whether there is an opportunity for the club to make extra revenue from the sale of fa cup merchandise such as banners or placards etc.

cashman 20-10-2015 15:22

Re: FA Cup draw Mon 26th

A decent cup run, could be a godsend fer Stanley!! we got the squad this season which will certainly help, fingers crossed.:)

lancsdave 21-10-2015 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1152925)
with the team looking good this season, I'm hoping for a money making spin for the club, can hardly wait to see who our fist opponents will be and wondering whether there is an opportunity for the club to make extra revenue from the sale of fa cup merchandise such as banners or placards etc.

Placards ?

As we found out last season, FA Cup can be a nightmare for merchandise, lead times for some of the stuff we need making are longer than the time between rounds, even worse when there's a replay involved. Lets hope it's a problem we have to face :)

monkey hanger 21-10-2015 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1152933)
A decent cup run, could be a godsend fer Stanley!! we got the squad this season which will certainly help, fingers crossed.:)

could not agree more. said it before we are a club that needs a cup run with all the publicity that comes with it. the only way we,ll get extra bums on seats in greater numbers and some will stay for life. not all of us were born in or near Accrington but things happen to make you a fan. the Newcastle game got me hooked and moving back north from east Anglia a couple of weeks later did the trick. knowing Stanley though we,ll get Eastleigh away.

accybeme 21-10-2015 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1153009)
Placards ?

As we found out last season, FA Cup can be a nightmare for merchandise, lead times for some of the stuff we need making are longer than the time between rounds, even worse when there's a replay involved. Lets hope it's a problem we have to face :)

Dave as this is your area of expertise you know the pitfalls of securing and retailing such merchandise but I was thinking more along the lines of simple printed paper placards with STANLEY printed on them, you already produce team sheets in such a format, maybe I,m out of my depth with what it entails

lancsdave 21-10-2015 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1153015)
Dave as this is your area of expertise you know the pitfalls of securing and retailing such merchandise but I was thinking more along the lines of simple printed paper placards with STANLEY printed on them, you already produce team sheets in such a format, maybe I,m out of my depth with what it entails

I get what you mean now :). My first thought of placards was the boards on sticks at demonstrations, no chance of getting them past Health & Safety, dangerous weapons :)

Chimer 21-10-2015 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1153012)
could not agree more. said it before we are a club that needs a cup run with all the publicity that comes with it. the only way we,ll get extra bums on seats in greater numbers and some will stay for life. not all of us were born in or near Accrington but things happen to make you a fan. the Newcastle game got me hooked and moving back north from east Anglia a couple of weeks later did the trick. knowing Stanley though we,ll get Eastleigh away.

For some of us Eastleigh away would be quite convenient :D

I was really hoping they'd get promoted last season!

Exile on Spencer St 21-10-2015 14:00

[QUOTE=Chimer;1153031]For some of us Eastleigh away would be quite convenient :DQUOTE]

Eastleigh! Good grief, Chimer, have Havant and Waterlooville been knocked out already?

Alvin the chipmunk 21-10-2015 15:16

Chorley, Bamber Bridge, Halifax, 'Arrogut, Alty or FC United away please. This being on the condition they all win their 4th Qualifying Round ties. Barrow in a competitive fixture is tempting.

AccyMad 21-10-2015 15:51

Barrow could never be called tempting :rolleyes:

Exile on Spencer St 21-10-2015 17:41

The only thing in Barrow that's tempting is the first bus out.;)

andyd 22-10-2015 16:05

Good luck to Chorley on Friday night in their quest to get to round 1 would be a good home draw for us as well I think they would sell out their allocation and would be a excellent derby tie.

AccyMad 22-10-2015 17:21

It'd be interesting to see if we'd give permission for Mr. Carver to play against us:rolleyes:

monkey hanger 23-10-2015 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1153072)
The only thing in Barrow that's tempting is the first bus out.;)

same for dover. as long as we get some northern team I,ll be happy home or away.

DAV007 24-10-2015 06:42

It will be tranmere, we always get tranmere in the cup