Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Hartlepool Match Thread. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/hartlepool-match-thread-67770.html)

choirboy 24-11-2015 15:28

Hartlepool Match Thread.

I have missed the last two home matches due to other commitments but I am really looking forward to seeing the Reds play tonight. Especially after some good performances recently both home and away. We probably start as firm favourites to win tonight but in previous seasons this is just the sort of match in which in which we would slip up! I am sure that Coley and Jimmy will be stressing that it would be a waste of some great recent away victories if we slip up tonight.
So I hope and trust that the team is totally up for the match tonight and of course we can play our part on the terraces!
MAX VOLUME IS REQUIRED FROM ALL OF US TO HELP THE TEAM ON TO ANOTHER VICTORY TONIGHT!:jimbo:
Have a late rally call to get a friend to come on with you and swell the crowd a little. Hartlepool probably won't bring too many supporters and those who do make the trip will deserve full respect!
Crooksy will be up for this I am sure and whilst wishing Kal Naismith all the best in the future, tonight I hope that he plays as if his boots laces were tied together!:rofl38:
COME ON YOU REDS:theband:
ON STANLEY ON
:wave8::signbeer:

Tom D 24-11-2015 16:35

Re: Hartlepool Match Thread.

Gutted can't go, on nights. Come on red men!

mab 24-11-2015 17:58

Game off water logged pitch

winstanley asfc 24-11-2015 18:03

But the rain stopped hours ago. Why didn't they make a decision then? Bloody referee again?!:mad: Those who've traveled from Hartlepool wont be happy!

mab 24-11-2015 18:04

Here's the link Match postponed ? Accrington Stanley FC

st06nc2 24-11-2015 18:11

Only game to be called off even games been played in conference

winstanley asfc 24-11-2015 18:13

Did any of you see the Seria A match on Saturday between Bologna and Roma?
This top flight match was allowed to go ahead with standing water all over the pitch!:confused:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTk-UWPdsN0

andyd 24-11-2015 18:16

Happens to often at Stanley this late call on a game no thought for travelling fans poor it rained hard all day and then eased surely a decision could have been made earlier Hartlepool arrived also this will probaly cost the club, and hopefully when we do play them they are,nt a much improved side.

AccyMad 24-11-2015 18:18

Decision should have been made much earlier, hope there weren't too many travellers but feel sorry for the ones who did come - bit of a trek for nothing!

st06nc2 24-11-2015 18:21

Feel sorry for the two fans all the way from china

Exile on Spencer St 24-11-2015 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstanley asfc (Post 1155386)
Did any of you see the Seria A match on Saturday between Bologna and Roma?
This top flight match was allowed to go ahead with standing water all over the pitch!

You underestimate the power of TV, perhaps?

Chewbacca 24-11-2015 18:45

Accrington Stanley ‏@ASFCofficial 2 hours ago
Here's tonight's weather forecast...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUmENkgWEAE2HY3.jpg

I got heavy rain 7-9pm on the BBC forecast?

andyd 24-11-2015 19:57

Just to lighten the night up Morecambe 1-4 down at home to Cambridge silver lining springs to mind.

choirboy 24-11-2015 21:30

'Twas another late call tonight.:(
I had set off and on arriving was told by disappointed fans coming away that the match was off. I went down the steps behind The Crown to look through the railings down the pitch. Obviously I couldn't tell what the conditions were like from there but got talking to some Preston and Blackpool based Hartlepool fans and suggested they go for a pint in The Crown which they did! I even managed to persuade one of the youngsters to try the Moorhouses 'Pride of Pendle' which I was also drinking. He really enjoyed it too.....:cheers:
I have to say that it was in first class condition!
Well done to Gilly!
I was out all day cycling and got pretty wet :Banane30:in some of the quite heavy showers so in the end I am not surprised that the match was called off. Anyway the decision helps to preserve the condition of the pitch which is essential to our style of passing game.

winstanley asfc 24-11-2015 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1155406)
'Twas another late call tonight.:(
I had set off and on arriving was told by disappointed fans coming away that the match was off. I went down the steps behind The Crown to look through the railings down the pitch. Obviously I couldn't tell what the conditions were like from there but got talking to some Preston and Blackpool based Hartlepool fans and suggested they go for a pint in The Crown which they did! I even managed to persuade one of the youngsters to try the Moorhouses 'Pride of Pendle' which I was also drinking. He really enjoyed it too.....:cheers:
I have to say that it was in first class condition!
Well done to Gilly!
I was out all day cycling and got pretty wet :Banane30:in some of the quite heavy showers so in the end I am not surprised that the match was called off. Anyway the decision helps to preserve the condition of the pitch which is essential to our style of passing game.

I was out cycling myself Choirboy in the rain, and will be tomorrow, doing 60 odd miles. They mollycoddle these footballers too much these days, but i take your point about our passing game.;)

Exile on Spencer St 25-11-2015 19:38

This may have already been discussed to death but, after last night's postponement and the Newport aqua fest, it reminded me that Stanley were reported some time ago (probably in the summer, with no other footie news) as being one club in favour of the League allowing G4 artificial surfaces.

Q1. Do you think Stanley's current style would suit an artificial surface?
Q2. Are they any more resilient to the amount of rain that, too often, can bless Accy?

Personally, I'd prefer to see a game on real turf, but just wondered how far Stanley's current excellent passing game would be even more effective on plastic.

Redraine 25-11-2015 21:28

I think you are onto something Exile. I don't know the answer to Q1 but would think it could be a lot easier to squeegee excess water off an artificial surface which also would not hold water to any depth. Lots to consider though.

andyd 25-11-2015 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1155462)
I think you are onto something Exile. I don't know the answer to Q1 but would think it could be a lot easier to squeegee excess water off an artificial surface which also would not hold water to any depth. Lots to consider though.

Cost?

deeayess 25-11-2015 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1155466)
Cost?

East Fife are looking at one costing £567000

Hopes for new state-of-the-art surface at East Fife?s ground - Fife / Local / News / The Courier

st06nc2 26-11-2015 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1155454)
This may have already been discussed to death but, after last night's postponement and the Newport aqua fest, it reminded me that Stanley were reported some time ago (probably in the summer, with no other footie news) as being one club in favour of the League allowing G4 artificial surfaces.

Q2. Are they any more resilient to the amount of rain that, too often, can bless Accy?

Personally, I'd prefer to see a game on real turf, but just wondered how far Stanley's current excellent passing game would be even more effective on plastic.

Any standing water on the pitch will just sweep off, a artificial pitch allows the ball to move quicker but can also be slippy when wet

Exile on Spencer St 26-11-2015 06:59

The Barnet game suggests that grass pitches can also be slippy.

football19 26-11-2015 08:54

Big fan of artificial pitches after watching an Irish game (clifftonville ?),and it was 60 minutes before I realised it wasn't grass !!.
Widnes rugby league also play on one.
In 4G,they have come a long way in terms of true carry/bounce and they even take a stud !.
Most prem pitches have a percentage of man made fibres in there surfaces.
Down to cost at the end of the day tho

monkey hanger 26-11-2015 09:12

[QUOTE=football19;1155494]Big fan of artificial pitches after watching an Irish game (clifftonville ?),and it was 60 minutes before I realised it wasn't grass !!.
Widnes rugby league also play on one.
In 4G,they have come a long way in terms of true carry/bounce and they even take a stud !.

totally agree they are the future. we have a couple used in Bradford for sunday league games and I love it when I get allocated one. can run for 90 mins. with no aches or pains unlike ploughing through mud where after 30 mins I feel every year of my 69 years. most players also are coming round to them also. I know they are costly and don't last forever about 10 years I think but other activities like 5 a side can be used to offset the cost

mab 17-01-2016 20:25

:) Will it wont it!! Hoping its gona be on,need my footie fix :)

mab 18-01-2016 18:53

:) looking like we may have a game on tomorrow, weather forecast looking promising :)

cashman 18-01-2016 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1158872)
:) looking like we may have a game on tomorrow, weather forecast looking promising :)

I hope so am having withdrawal symptoms.:eek::D

Chewbacca 18-01-2016 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1155454)

The style would adapt to suite the pitch I think. Oldham played some brilliant one touch football under Joe Royle on the older style pitch even with a big guy up front like Ian Marshall. They well used it to their advantage and got to the League Cup final and promotion to the top division before it was torn up.

The new 4G stuff (not the 3G with rubber crumb) holds up more like grass and the bounce is much more realistic. The only problem is the plastic pitches used to take more out of players physically than grass, managers would sometimes rest players in their 30's.

Warmer tonight than Friday for certain, I won't believe it is on until it kicks off though.

lancsdave 19-01-2016 07:36

Might be off because it's too warm :)

accybeme 19-01-2016 08:41

is anyone brave enough to predict a starting line-up?

monkey hanger 19-01-2016 08:51

whats the weather like over in accy. apart from on the hills most of the snow has gone but still bone hard underneath around here. keeping everything crossed though.

Red-Osbornello 19-01-2016 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1158896)
whats the weather like over in accy. apart from on the hills most of the snow has gone but still bone hard underneath around here. keeping everything crossed though.

Currently clear outside and didn't feel too frosty when I went to work this morning. The forecast suggests it shouldn't drop below 2 or 3 degrees before kick off. Some mist is due later on tonight but hopefully that'll be post-match.

I remain hopeful, but I'd be interested to hear how the pitch is.

lancsdave 19-01-2016 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello (Post 1158897)

I remain hopeful, but I'd be interested to hear how the pitch is.

Suprised how soft it has got after Saturday, but don't tell Buzzer I was on the pitch last night :)

cashman 19-01-2016 09:55

I'm confident fer once.:)

baldy 19-01-2016 10:37

Mooney

Pearson
Wright
Davies
Buxton

Crooks
Conneely

Piero
Windass/McCartan
Sean

Billy

cashman 19-01-2016 10:42

That looks about right to me.

accybeme 19-01-2016 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1158903)
Mooney

Pearson
Wright
Davies
Buxton

Crooks
Conneely

Piero
Windass/McCartan
Sean

Billy

nice to see you expect no fall out over the rangers affair, I also see you predict Buxton over Bradley is Brad fully fit ?

cashman 19-01-2016 11:16

Hardly likely to be any fall out, seems the club knew 2 days before they went up yon, what was in the media was complete bullshine,

st06nc2 19-01-2016 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1158903)
Mooney

Pearson
Wright
Davies
Buxton

Crooks
Conneely

Piero
Windass/McCartan
Sean

Billy

Isn't windass injured?

Redraine 19-01-2016 12:56

Ref is Darren Drysdale - the lad who doesn't like getting his feet wet.:eek:

choirboy 19-01-2016 17:30

Come on YOU REDS!
Three points tonight please.
Let's all get vocal tonight and cheer the team onto VICTORY!
:theband:

dabeast 19-01-2016 18:52

Text commentary at Accrington Stanley - The Website That Wouldn't Work

Redraine 19-01-2016 21:07

Absolutely outstanding from the Reds tonight. Enough said!

cashman 19-01-2016 21:17

Great performance, would have been 6/7 but for an outstanding Pool keeper, well done Stanley.

Chrisr 19-01-2016 21:21

It was a great game, we played well. sadly the crowd was 1211, we need to do better than that even on a Tuesday evening. we are not going to keep the gates open on those figures. we have not had a home game 8/9 weeks and we can't muster a crowd of 2000. If we want to keep a team in the town then we have to come out and support it.

chevyfire 19-01-2016 21:23

Above posts sum it up well. My only niggle is we couldn't keep a clean sheet and almost gave them a sniff near the end (it happened against Exeter as well).

accybeme 19-01-2016 21:23

fantastic performance slick passing that knocked Pool out of their stride from the off Crooks was on top form his transformation from mishap stricker to midfield general is truly remarkable, Rangers are getting a star player for next to nowt, 3 very well deserved points, can't wait for the next installment from this fantastic squad

choirboy 19-01-2016 21:37

Lots of Happy New Years handshakes and hugs around tonight!....:cuddle:

An EXCELLENT "All round Team Performance" tonight from the Stanley Squad. :alright:
Difficult to find fault anywhere on the pitch from our boys! We could have scored 5 or 6 and Hartlepool could not have complained. They had one good player up front and they did substitutions at the right time for them and with their fresh legs they scored a good goal.
Some of our interplay was SUBLIME and we played with an exciting energy too. We even had a few tricks from Crooks as well! He justs gets better and better! Shay did wonderfully tonight and he has certainly set his stall out to take his opportunity! His first goal was opportunistic and he showed great skill in lobbing the centre back and then finishing cooly. His second was as good with a superb deft header from Billy Kee putting him behind their defence and he looked up, took his time and passed it into the bottom corner with aplomb! Bucko's free kick was a gem, top left corner off the underside of the bar....UNBEATABLE! Pools keeper did some good saves and the Stanley goal tally would have been greater but for him!:theband:
Well done to Buzza and all his helpers because the pitch stood up really well! :thumbsup:The grass is looking a bit thin after drowning under that prolonged deluge but the surface that Buzza presented allowed our boys to play their trademark passing football.:wave8:
Like many Stanley fans tonight I am 'Buzzing'
:cheers::wave8::signbeer::drink:

football19 19-01-2016 21:44

Great footballing performance tonight,going forward we were top drawer.
Have to mention the playing surface which was excellent and allows us to get the ball down and move it at pace.
Shays goals were unbelievable,real quality and if he gets consistency,then Windass has a fight to regain his place !
For me tho,our key players are Kee and Coonnelly,everything goes thro them and are on top of their game at the moment.
Did feel Hartlepool hadn't done their homework on us and started 4-4-2.
We just isolated their wide men and cut them to pieces and it could easily have been 6/7,their keeper was outstanding.
We will give championship teams a game playing like we are,long may it continue

choirboy 19-01-2016 21:56

Agree 100% F19
I have said all season how Seamus has become the "Hub" at the centre of our play and you are dead right about Billy. He wins balls up front that you think he has no chance of getting to, and he is so quick at getting the ball down and laying it off or flicking through those deft passes for other to latch on to!
Halliday was superb tonight to and for his young age he played like a really experienced player. He looks hungry to get a goal or two as well! I hope we can get him permanently. Bucko got stuck in and was always a threat going forward. Matty and Joe at the back did well against Harrison who I think is a good prospect for Hartlepool. Their decision making was right on the spot tonight and they got the balance of passes and no nonsense clearances just right. But it was going forward where we were outstanding!
ON STANLEY ON
:theband:

Redraine 19-01-2016 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyfire (Post 1158960)
Above posts sum it up well. My only niggle is we couldn't keep a clean sheet and almost gave them a sniff near the end (it happened against Exeter as well).

Aye, I don't like those "sympathy type" substitutions which Coley slips into when we are dominating as there is no need for it. Nailed on penalty the ref didn't give at the end when Bruna had his legs taken when clean through. Mustn't be greedy though.

Outback Ozzy 19-01-2016 22:18

Hate to be the voice of dissent, but after we went 3-0 up, we sat back and invited 'Pools to attack and get their consolation. Up till this point, we were unplayable. Halliday was immense, Bucko took an unstoppable free kick and McCartans goals were sublime. When the forwards attacked through the middle it terrified their defenders. Overall a good game to watch and 3 points gained towards promotion. Here's hoping for another 3 points on Saturday at St James park.

Chewbacca 19-01-2016 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1158961)
fantastic performance slick passing that knocked Pool out of their stride from the off Crooks was on top form his transformation from mishap stricker to midfield general is truly remarkable, Rangers are getting a star player for next to nowt, 3 very well deserved points, can't wait for the next installment from this fantastic squad

It isn't next to nowt it is exactly nowt as he was 21 before he signed for us.

It seemed comfortable, almost too much before their goal. Them hitting the post was their only chance in the first half, and that post was the difference between a comfortable win and a more nervous night.

Really a must win type game to finish top 7 and mission accomplished, with Seamus boosting his Euro 2016 chances.

mab 19-01-2016 23:21

:) Here we go,cracking game filled with cracking goals :D http://e0.365dm.com/16/01/16-9/30/I2...ATHrASOTSl.jpg

winstanley asfc 19-01-2016 23:47

It didn't work Mab. Try this!:)

Accrington 3 - 1 Hartlepool - Match Report & Highlights

Kiwi John 20-01-2016 02:34

Grrrrr
..I hate this 'Content not availiable' outside of the UK crap.Shouldn't it be the other way round?? :)

Kiwi John 20-01-2016 02:35

..and bloody well done you magnificent men in red and white stripes.

st06nc2 20-01-2016 04:54

Who needs windass

AccyMad 20-01-2016 06:28

Unbelievable Jeff!! :) Cracking game & well deserved 3 points - well.played lads, can't wait for the next game.

Redraine 20-01-2016 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1158976)
Who needs windass

We do, when we need a penalty!��

Mr Matthew 20-01-2016 09:21

Any ideas who the players all mobbed on the bench after the 1st went in? Couldn't quite see from my angle.

Plus hate to put a wee downer on things but did you notice how little effort McCarten put in when he didn't have the ball. Amazing on it, not so sure about off it.

football19 20-01-2016 09:37

Think they all ran to terry on the bench,something to do with practicing free-kicks at training !!
You'll see from my previous posts I am a massive McCarten fan,have been for years,its his engine that needs sorting,if he can raise his fitness levels he's unplayable !!!

AccyMad 20-01-2016 10:35

Shay was amazing last night - took his opportunity with both hands, surely his fitness levels will increase when he gets a decent run of games which, based on last night's performance he surely will be given.

cashman 20-01-2016 10:41

With 2 goals like shay scored last night, he can do sod all else,as far as i'm concerned.:rolleyes: He can only come better wi a run of games,;)

baldy 20-01-2016 12:17

Let's hope more players start joining Pearson and signing on the dotted line for next season...

monkey hanger 20-01-2016 12:20

shay needs more time on the pitch to get full fitness. always had the ability to run at defences which in division 2 is a great asset as most centre halves are happy to lap up all the high balls sent too them. hate to say this but pools were really poor. the worst Hartlepool side I,ve seen for years and I think they may need another great escape this year. for us the only downside was that we keep loosing concentration for 5 mins or so in every game . when will we keep a clean sheet again. hope to see winnard and davies back as quickly as possible. not sure of pearson and wright at the back I,m afraid. like to see another signing permanent or loan at centre half as we are down to bare bones in this department.

andyd 20-01-2016 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1158996)
shay needs more time on the pitch to get full fitness. always had the ability to run at defences which in division 2 is a great asset as most centre halves are happy to lap up all the high balls sent too them. hate to say this but pools were really poor. the worst Hartlepool side I,ve seen for years and I think they may need another great escape this year. for us the only downside was that we keep loosing concentration for 5 mins or so in every game . when will we keep a clean sheet again. hope to see winnard and davies back as quickly as possible. not sure of pearson and wright at the back I,m afraid. like to see another signing permanent or loan at centre half as we are down to bare bones in this department.

I have to disagree with you about Hartlepool if the header that hit the post gone in would have been a different game I just think when we are in full flow going forward we are the best team in the division as for the defense agree Winnard is a big miss I think Davis was on the bench to accommodate Buxton who when fit which touch wood he looked it last night along with Ha!!iday IMHO we have the best two fullback's in the division onwards and upwards. Agree though if a player brought in could improve us and have an impact if available then bring it on.

cashman 20-01-2016 14:07

Davies was on the bench cos he has been ill n not trained all week, so i was told.andyd.

Redraine 20-01-2016 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1158959)
It was a great game, we played well. sadly the crowd was 1211, we need to do better than that even on a Tuesday evening. we are not going to keep the gates open on those figures. we have not had a home game 8/9 weeks and we can't muster a crowd of 2000. If we want to keep a team in the town then we have to come out and support it.

I don't think the picture is as bad as you paint. Firstly, we are financially stable for the first time in a long while and there is no danger of the gates being closed any time soon. Of course 1200 is a poor gate but with doubts about the state of the pitch and the fans almost having got out of the habit I was just glad to get more than 1000 on! Rest assured, if we can keep this form going The gates will build their own momentum as they have done in the past when Coley has got the scent of promotion in his nostrils. The bandwagon is ready to roll!:D

Red-Osbornello 20-01-2016 15:13

Keep in mind that Hartlepool barely brought any fans over too, so the majority were our lot.

baldy 20-01-2016 18:13

Best way of advertising is word of mouth so if everyone brought a mate or two to the Bristol game then I'm sure people will start to get hooked like so many of us have done!

Players, management aswell as Andy Holt and office staff are pulling up trees so let's do our bit and get the people of Accrington down the The Wham Stadium!

Chrisr 20-01-2016 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1159005)
I don't think the picture is as bad as you paint. Firstly, we are financially stable for the first time in a long while and there is no danger of the gates being closed any time soon. Of course 1200 is a poor gate but with doubts about the state of the pitch and the fans almost having got out of the habit I was just glad to get more than 1000 on! Rest assured, if we can keep this form going The gates will build their own momentum as they have done in the past when Coley has got the scent of promotion in his nostrils. The bandwagon is ready to roll!:D

It was just a little disheartening to see the crowd when so many fans and staff who put so much in to get the game on, I agree as the results keep coming in positive we should see a big increase in the attendance level. I think we were 300 up on the same fixture last season. But if we all brought a mate it would be a great lift.

MikeA 21-01-2016 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1158974)
Grrrrr
..I hate this 'Content not availiable' outside of the UK crap.Shouldn't it be the other way round?? :)

Try this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfTfok_QMmY

yonmon 21-01-2016 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1159043)

Thanks Mike !...Just the tonic for a dull Wednesday...or is it Thursday ? morning !.

monkey hanger 21-01-2016 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1159005)

totally agree and the gate was 100 more than I predicted. wasn,t the gate last season around 800 for the same fixture with a similar number of away fans. given a decent performance at Exeter the next home game against Bristol rovers will indicate how are gates are going given its a decent day and no chance of postponement.

monkey hanger 21-01-2016 09:11

[QUOTE=andyd;1159001]I have to disagree with you about Hartlepool if the header that hit the post gone in would have been a different game

have a look at their website the poolie bunker they are up in arms about their manager, players and tactics. not a happy set of monkeys. glad I support Stanley now.

cashman 21-01-2016 11:15

They were unlucky wi that header, but a different game if it had gone in? I would doubt that very much, its like saying if me granny had balls she would be me grandad.:rolleyes: we also hit the post plus 3/4 at least were very good saves from the pool keeper.

deeayess 21-01-2016 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1159064)
They were unlucky wi that header, but a different game if it had gone in? I would doubt that very much, its like saying if me granny had balls she would be me grandad.:rolleyes: we also hit the post plus 3/4 at least were very good saves from the pool keeper.

Thankfully it's not like it used to be where I wasn't even confident of a win when we were 2 up with minutes to go :D

cashman 21-01-2016 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1159090)
Thankfully it's not like it used to be where I wasn't even confident of a win when we were 2 up with minutes to go :D

It aint like any stanley side ive seen fer 60 yrs to be honest.;) A great credit to all who work yon.

Tom D 21-01-2016 19:45

Best performance I have witnessed this season. Any team in our league would have struggled against us the way we played in the first half. Even if you think Hartlepool were poor, to be honest the majority of teams to visit Stanley have been mediocre at best. Feeling really optimistic now!

Kiwi John 23-01-2016 22:00

Thanks for that Mike.