Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Another player going (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/another-player-going-67911.html)

Chrisr 18-01-2016 20:45

Another player going

Gerardo Bruna is joining the Fury's in Ottowa on the 1st of July. I didn't see him play as much as I liked but he was a class act. Not injured we would have had a greater goal difference. He is a genuinely nice bloke and I wish him all the best. It is a big move to Ottowa but he may get a few more games there than here.

cashman 18-01-2016 21:00

Re: Another player going

I have really liked what ive seen of the lad, shame, but wish him well.

Redraine 18-01-2016 21:19

Agreed. A waste of talent as far as we are concerned imho.

Mr T 18-01-2016 21:21

Hopefully we'll retain laura h who works for Gerado's wife. A big part of the ASFC medical team.

Coley is aware of this deal and wishes him well:)

mab 18-01-2016 22:31

All the best Gerardo Bruna in Canada but still time to shine in a Stanley shirt :)

JIMSLAD 19-01-2016 15:56

best of luck to the lad

Exile on Spencer St 19-01-2016 17:31

Good luck to him, can't blame him wanting to play.

Chrisr 19-01-2016 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1158888)
All the best Gerardo Bruna in Canada but still time to shine in a Stanley shirt :)

He played for about 7/8minutes tonight which is an insult to a player of his calibre. I don't know what John or Jimmy have against the lad but he has never had a run of games, He is not a bit part player. but like we say Good look in Canada.

st06nc2 20-01-2016 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1158962)
He played for about 7/8minutes tonight which is an insult to a player of his calibre. I don't know what John or Jimmy have against the lad but he has never had a run of games, He is not a bit part player. but like we say Good look in Canada.

Yeah and in that 7/8 minutes he nearly gave away a penalty

Redraine 20-01-2016 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1158989)
Yeah and in that 7/8 minutes he nearly gave away a penalty

No, he nearly won a penalty. If the ref had not disallowed their claim when Wright tackled their man I think he would have had to give ours! Or am I going barmy?🙄

Red-Osbornello 20-01-2016 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1158962)

Who would you drop for him? I think the existing wingers are doing a fine job as it is.

As for his 'calibre', I believe he has some good elements to his game, but in my opinion he hasn't exactly set the world alight when he has played. And lets not forget he signed for us after leaving Whitehawk F.C. in the Conference South and only has a handful of professional appearances in the 4 or 5 clubs he was at before them. He has yet to prove his calibre in my opinion.

That being said, I am sad to see him go without really getting a chance to make his mark, and I wish him the best of luck with his move to Canada.